So...Are You Dressing up for Halloween? :D

Shelley

I always loved dressing up for Halloween. Now I'm usually busy around Halloween but this year I actually have the chance to dress up again. No major plans, but I'm going in to town to hand out candy for trick-or treaters, so I guess that counts for something

I had some awesome ideas in mind for a costume but I just decided to re-purpose an old Alice in wonderland dress and used a make-up tutorial to create a broken porcelain doll look. Kind of lame, but I really enjoy doing costume makeup :p

So what are all of you doing for Halloween?

Have any neat costume plans? :)

I made this cosplay for Kumoricon this year, and I plan on being her again this Halloween. This year I've boarded the DHMIS fandom, so it's only natural I'd want to cosplay as the popular gijinka design for Sketchbook. http://dhmis-padlock.tumblr.com/post/88768501050/kada-bura-what-have-i-done

notepadcosplay5_zps62e3082c.png

I made this cosplay for Kumoricon this year, and I plan on being her again this Halloween. This year I've boarded the DHMIS fandom, so it's only natural I'd want to cosplay as the popular gijinka design for Sketchbook. http://dhmis-padlock.tumblr.com/post/88768501050/kada-bura-what-have-i-done

Oh my gosh, this cosplay is SPOT ON. I don't know much about this fandom but from the link you shared, this costume is super impressive, it looks just like the character!

You have a lot of talent, I can't believe you made that!! Very cool :D

This might be the first year I don't do anything....which makes me sad :/ last year I was the Queen of Hearts. I have a few more days to think about it haha maybe I'll decide to dress up and come up with a last minute idea. XD

I wish! If I could I'd go as Dollface from Twisted Metal or Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist

Sadly, I don't have any friends to hangout with on Halloween :( Naamah is one sad panda (I love you if you get the sad panda reference)

Naamah, I feel you :/ all of my friends are away or busy...so I get to hang out with my parents fiends for Halloween, yay haha

Chelperk, That's an amazing costume!! You look fantastic! Did you win anything at the contest?

I wish! If I could I'd go as Dollface from Twisted Metal or Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist

Sadly, I don't have any friends to hangout with on Halloween :( Naamah is one sad panda (I love you if you get the sad panda reference)

Omg! That's the panda on the girl's shoulder in FMA! I hate how they refer to it as a cat. What was the equivalent exchange for that bad idea? Yeah, I'm a fan.

I'm going as a vampire of my own design. SanguisLuna has been around for 15 years, but her backstory has going back to Ancient Egypt. If that falls through, I'll just have to see what other costumes I have.

I was going to take my little sister out, but I'm working, unfortunately. I've made this Zeruel mask (evangelion) for a cosplay that I was going to wear, and I intended to wear that. I'm still rigging up the LEDs for the eye sockets though :D

I'm going to be helping run my anime club's annual Halloween festival. We always have it the last Friday in October and this year it happened to land on the holiday itself! I'll be wearing my Squiddleknit Rose cosplay to it. I'd link a picture but I don't actually have any. I'll see if I can prod a friend of mine about them and link to one if I can get ahold of any.

Naamah, I feel you :/ all of my friends are away or busy...so I get to hang out with my parents fiends for Halloween, yay haha

Chelperk, That's an amazing costume!! You look fantastic! Did you win anything at the contest?

Thank you, Shelley! It took me forever to get everything together to take that picture...but coincidentally, I had all of the items necessary and just had to throw it together. I got the outfit in New Orleans 3 years ago, the headband even longer ago, and some old eyeshadow [i don't even wear makeup!]. The contest ends Nov 3rd and winners will be chosen Nov 7th. There aren't many entrants and I hope it stays that way! :P

I've been invited to a Halloween party and we have to dress up as something spooky and I have NO clue what to do. I don't want to buy something I'll only wear for a day and all the DIY options just take so long to do. Is there a 'bah humbug' equivalent for Halloween? :p

i always loved dressing up and going trick or treating when i was younger, but adult halloweens (especially in the big city where i'm originally from) always seem to focus entirely on drinking and being obnoxious in public. which is weird because i love new year's eve and don't mind people being loud and obnoxious then, but i can't stand halloween. O_o it just feels like completely different vibes for the two holidays.

anyway, while my friends like to dress up and go out, i prefer to stay at home and be the house that all the neighborhood kids like because we give out full-size candy bars. ^_^

lovedwallflower, there a lot of lazy costumes that would fulfill the requirement for your party. you could cut up a sheet and be a ghost or just use makeup to draw something on your face. there's no need to buy one of those expensive pre-made costumes, but you could probably get an idea just walking up and down the aisles of a local party store, and the little pieces are cheap compared to getting an entire ensemble.

I'm going to a party, but I haven't quite decided what I'll be dressing up as... It will have to be simple, because I'm going to the party right after class. I'm thinking either a witch or a vampire. It's cliché, but at least it won't draw too much attention.

I've been invited to a Halloween party and we have to dress up as something spooky and I have NO clue what to do. I don't want to buy something I'll only wear for a day and all the DIY options just take so long to do. Is there a 'bah humbug' equivalent for Halloween? :P

Do you own makeup? If so, you could be something that focuses on makeup rather than the costume... I can't think of many examples right now, but one idea is to be a Ventriloquist dummy. You could wear a dress or a suit, and the rest is makeup. You could also be a black cat... All you need is to wear all black, paint a nose/whiskers/etc and buy some ears (they must be very cheap).

Halloween is by far the best day of the year and I'm dressing up as a Starry Knight because I'm a sucker for puns and wordplay (and knights). I'm also known for taking Halloween far too seriously.

tumblr_inline_ne49ar4x1q1qfyvlz.jpg (Spoiler alert: I don't actually look like an Eyrie. Alas.)

As for plans, I live in New Orleans and it's the place to be on Halloween so I'm probably going to have a party with friends before going out and experiencing the madness of the city.

I am dressing up as Spider-man I am a big fan of Spider-man comics and movies. This is the first year I have Halloween off and I have always wanted to be spider-man

WOW! Cloysterbell and Lady Lyuba, those are awesome costumes! ^_^

Will I do something for Halloween? I'm planning on uploading a "Happy Halloween" vid to my youtube channel ON Halloween. As for dressing up? I don't know... I love Halloween, but I never really know what to do for a costume. The LAST time I did a makeshift costume, it was just a simple trick. I got a travel pillow and unlike Santa, I stuffed the pillow in my back. I actually have a pic of that. XD (I DO like that evil red-eye glare in this pic, perfect for Halloween)

DSC01789.jpg

And what I did to the pillow before pinning it inside that hoodie.

DSC01792.jpg

Gotta have a rounded top for that rounded hunchback look. ;)

Halloween is by far the best day of the year and I'm dressing up as a Starry Knight because I'm a sucker for puns and wordplay (and knights). I'm also known for taking Halloween far too seriously.

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. hahah seriously, this makes me so incredibly happy. A friend sent me a picture the other day of two little kids dressed up as Vincent and the Starry Night painting, but this is way better

I'm so jealous of you all! We don't really celebrate halloween in Australia, but maybe that will change soon :D

Oh well, at least I've still got comicon.

Any excuse for a fancy dress party and I'm down. I reckon I might have to start having halloween parties anyway.

tumblr_inline_ne49ar4x1q1qfyvlz.jpg (Spoiler alert: I don't actually look like an Eyrie. Alas.)

As for plans, I live in New Orleans and it's the place to be on Halloween so I'm probably going to have a party with friends before going out and experiencing the madness of the city.

Oh just... wow. I'm in the middle of a bunch of super stressful exams that will have a big impact on the direction of my life and you seriously just made my week. This is pure art. You had me at spoiler alert and that was before I even read your post <3

I love it so much. Keep on doing the fab.