Ian

19 hours ago, Mayetra said:

Whoo Hoo!!  Look what I finally got today.  It took about 2 hours of steady refreshing.  I missed the notification but it's in my list now.
Graveyard.png.5ff6dd43c1b750d04778144aa342fae3.png

i'm really jealous of your typing terror avatar more than anything :D

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Thanks and that's probably a good way of doing it. I'm guilty of getting bored and wandering away!
Got a different one though today!

No description available.

I remember getting this one and going WHHHAAAA??? i didn't even realize what i was buying (it was a chocolate balthazar) 

17 hours ago, Angeló said:

I remember getting this one and going WHHHAAAA??? i didn't even realize what i was buying (it was a chocolate balthazar) 

I made a couple of errors and bought a expensive item (around 8k I think) that turned out to be r89 so I was not pleased!!

Back to the Mutant Graveyard of Dooooom....

Today has been a productive day in my avatar collection quest:

School.png.42f7b8dd3f44eb4405671d292f6e842c.png
I was never a big Battledome player so that's why I hadn't gotten this one yet.  I always forget to screen shot these to post here. *sigh*

Queen.png.759fd09d64e7e3aae169202e973e6b3e.png

I'll admit, I freaked out for this one because I didn't see the notification.  For a split second, I thought it was broken and I wasn't going to be able to get it.  

Rich.png.64e906032d3bfea7226a8771fd725296.png

One more book toward the book trophy.

Ill.png.e48aefe5fb66e677ee2d1364956e20ee.png

On 3/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, Mayetra said:

Today has been a productive day in my avatar collection quest:

School.png.42f7b8dd3f44eb4405671d292f6e842c.png
I was never a big Battledome player so that's why I hadn't gotten this one yet.  I always forget to screen shot these to post here. *sigh*

Queen.png.759fd09d64e7e3aae169202e973e6b3e.png

I'll admit, I freaked out for this one because I didn't see the notification.  For a split second, I thought it was broken and I wasn't going to be able to get it.  

Rich.png.64e906032d3bfea7226a8771fd725296.png

One more book toward the book trophy.

Ill.png.e48aefe5fb66e677ee2d1364956e20ee.png

Congrats on obtaining those expensive avatars! It's a lot of NP to collect.

Another somewhat expensive avatar under my belt.  Today is my first time wishing for stuff at the Wishing Well.  I went for Bags of Peanuts because need to feed those to an Elephante.  I need one of those too. :P

Well.png.b0d8aea1df53610ee3e1fa0a6a42f0e3.png

9 hours ago, Mayetra said:

Another somewhat expensive avatar under my belt.  Today is my first time wishing for stuff at the Wishing Well.  I went for Bags of Peanuts because need to feed those to an Elephante.  I need one of those too. :P

Well.png.b0d8aea1df53610ee3e1fa0a6a42f0e3.png

Thanks for the reminder! I keep forgetting that one!

image.png.f7650015386a5880a17dd12649ed7978.png

I also got the Graveyard of Doom one!

I'm now being trounced on Cellblock in a vague hope of getting that one. Tournament four and the computer is soooo much smarter than me!

Ooh! You guys posting in here has done some reminding for me, too! Thank you! :D

I'm now continuing on my Cellblock Quest!

I can NOT play this game, my poor brain just can't do it, but that doesn't matter, does it! JN says the avie's awarded after 300 games; win, draw or lose, and I can lose like a champ! 😎

I can consistently lose in 3 moves.

bccwTe0.jpg Tk6JRVH.jpg

OeF2Qmd.jpg s8Anhd3.jpg

Oh shucks, did I lose again!! How embarrassing, where do I put my face! :whistle:

What's funny is that the game seems to get so annoyed with my ineptitude that it forces me to win sometimes, so I'm progressing through the challengers, despite being completely and utterly useless. :laughingsmiley:

47 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Ooh! You guys posting in here has done some reminding for me, too! Thank you! :D

I can NOT play this game, my poor brain just can't do it, but that doesn't matter, does it! JN says the avie's awarded after 300 games; win, draw or lose, and I can lose like a champ! 😎

I can consistently lose in 3 moves.

bccwTe0.jpg Tk6JRVH.jpg

OeF2Qmd.jpg s8Anhd3.jpg

Oh shucks, did I lose again!! How embarrassing, where do I put my face! :whistle:

What's funny is that the game seems to get so annoyed with my ineptitude that it forces me to win sometimes, so I'm progressing through the challengers, despite being completely and utterly useless. :laughingsmiley:

I'm fairly sure that the occasions I win against Vex in this tournament are just because the game takes pity on me as well!!

I'm hoping that it is 300 games, but JN seems to be the only one saying that. A NT editorial confirmed it wasn't random but nobody else seems to have figured it out!!

Good luck on your losing streak. I'd love to get the silver trophy (I have bronze) but I don't think it's going to happen!!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Thanks for the reminder! I keep forgetting that one!

image.png.f7650015386a5880a17dd12649ed7978.png

I also got the Graveyard of Doom one!

I'm now being trounced on Cellblock in a vague hope of getting that one. Tournament four and the computer is soooo much smarter than me!

Woo Hoo!  I'm glad you got the Graveyard one it's such a pain in the butt.

47 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Somehow, someway, I have a Cellblock Champion trophy but I can't for the life of me remember playing the game.  Good luck on the avatar.  

I'm currently working on a Godoril avatar.

3 hours ago, Mayetra said:

Well, I got this doing my dailies: 
Imp1.png.118d499cef288ef3d2583ef146c5e80a.png

Of course, I had to get it by losing my Imposter Apple.
Imp2.png.5ed0635aa6ff8b4087702bc8387d2e02.png

Hahaha, Neo's always been a great source of irony. x'D

So not only did I get the avatar but this is the first time I've every gotten anything from the Symol hole.

Symol.png.53c42cd42d1e14cfa37a14af0cd25769.png
Today has turned out to be a lucky day for me in the avatar department.  Maybe, I should try refreshing my inbox for a while.  

On 3/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mayetra said:

Well, I got this doing my dailies: 
Imp1.png.118d499cef288ef3d2583ef146c5e80a.png

Of course, I had to get it by losing my Imposter Apple.
Imp2.png.5ed0635aa6ff8b4087702bc8387d2e02.png

On 3/19/2021 at 8:50 PM, Mayetra said:

So not only did I get the avatar but this is the first time I've every gotten anything from the Symol hole.

Symol.png.53c42cd42d1e14cfa37a14af0cd25769.png
Today has turned out to be a lucky day for me in the avatar department.  Maybe, I should try refreshing my inbox for a while.  

Another two that I've been trying to get for a while and have proven elusive. I woke Turmy yesterday but he gave me a petpet instead of eating my petpet... bah!

9 hours ago, Secre said:

Another two that I've been trying to get for a while and have proven elusive. I woke Turmy yesterday but he gave me a petpet instead of eating my petpet... bah!

The Island Mystic and the Inbox avatars are a couple of my banes.  I've only woken Turmy once.  I keep trying but nothing ever happens.  I also have been blasted many, many time by the Snowager and still no avatar.

I got this today but I thought I already had it.  Can you get it more than once?
WoM.png.9c69621ee8407b4ebeb26026c58a6cc5.png

22 hours ago, Mayetra said:

The Island Mystic and the Inbox avatars are a couple of my banes.  I've only woken Turmy once.  I keep trying but nothing ever happens.  I also have been blasted many, many time by the Snowager and still no avatar.

I got this today but I thought I already had it.  Can you get it more than once?

You can land on the avatar option multiple times, but I don't think it does anything after the first time.

Finally, got this one today.  It was a pain in the butt.  I really suck at Flash games - which is odd because it only seems to be the Neopet ones that I'm horrible at.

Gamer.png.ef6382e57c3de1041207e91a35bc87ef.png

On 3/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, Mayetra said:

Once you've got the avie this wheel positively delights in you landing on it again, and again, and again... close to weekly tbh. x'D

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Once you've got the avie this wheel positively delights in you landing on it again, and again, and again... close to weekly tbh. x'D

Why of course it does! But, land on the avatar for Wheel of Knowledge, that is just out of the question.  *sigh*  I made the mistake of looking at the Avatar High Score and realized that I've missed so  many events that I don't think I'll ever have enough to get on there.  The gold people have 400+ and even if I get every one available to me - which means high scores on Flash games - I'll still only hit about 300.

11 hours ago, Mayetra said:

Why of course it does! But, land on the avatar for Wheel of Knowledge, that is just out of the question.  *sigh*  I made the mistake of looking at the Avatar High Score and realized that I've missed so  many events that I don't think I'll ever have enough to get on there.  The gold people have 400+ and even if I get every one available to me - which means high scores on Flash games - I'll still only hit about 300.

You can sometimes get lucky on the first of the month before people update their avatars as the scores reset to 'new' avatars. So if you lose and gain the shopkeeper avatar on the first with approx 300 avatars you stand a chance on that day. Because the top top people might not necessarily 'reset' their score until slightly later in the month.

51 minutes ago, Secre said:

Is this a new avatar??

image.png.32cf209f241651f353eb4b5e75d900a8.png

Neopets - Neovision+ I clicked on the news ping to go to that page and got the avatar...

This is the April fool, and I'm impressed! Awaiting Angelo's reaction to the Kreludorian now! >:3

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

This is the April fool, and I'm impressed! Awaiting Angelo's reaction to the Kreludorian now! >:3

I twigged it must be April Fool's by the end, but didn't realise we got an avatar for April Fool's! Win!

They've put a lot of effort in to that particular page haven't they!

2 minutes ago, Secre said:

They've put a lot of effort in to that particular page haven't they!

Yes! and it's actually good! Unlike previous Jumpstaff efforts. 😅 Do we have van Doodle to thank for that, do you think?

I think it was them who told us we dodged a bullet with regard to a plot... the reaction was: no, just no, whichever one of the two newbies it was. x'D