Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

It was down for maintenance (check our News posts :)) but it's gone back up around 12:15AM NST!

Thanks Rune. :)

In the past I have received a few warnings o_O from

TDN Staff who informed me that questions and

comments about Neopets' outages were only permitted to

be posted in the Help Forum on the

Official Neopets down/having issues board

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42826-official-neopets-downhaving-issues-board/page-72#entry788166

When no one responded here, :bike: I continued

looking around everywhere on the TDN Forum board.

Finally I found a board in the Neopets News folder

where :whistle: TDN staff had posted a board about the outage

so I have posted there too.

:tired:

I'm having issues with the stock market too.

I recently became a Premium member, and since then it's only showing some of the text on the stock market pages. I can't buy, sell, or even view stocks. I don't know what my stocks are doing except for the summary I get in the Premium toolbar.

I actually made an account on TDN to ask about this, so this is my first post (so, sorry if I've messed anything up so far).

EDIT: The stock market works fine when I go through Firefox, but not through Chrome.

I'm having issues with the stock market too.

I recently became a Premium member, and since then it's only showing some of the text on the stock market pages. I can't buy, sell, or even view stocks. I don't know what my stocks are doing except for the summary I get in the Premium toolbar.

I actually made an account on TDN to ask about this, so this is my first post (so, sorry if I've messed anything up so far).

EDIT: The stock market works fine when I go through Firefox, but not through Chrome.

I am able to use it just fine on Chrome. Successfully bought stocks today. Maybe you can try disabling the Premium Toolbar? It's been known to cause hiccups. You can do so in your Site Preferences page.

I've bought stock every day this week. Maybe it's something on your end? What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome, and I just tried Firefox and it works there. Does seem to be browser related. Odd.

Weirdly enough I also recently became Premium. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if something about the premium toolbar is making Chrome not show the stock page. I will try disabling it as Rune Valentine suggested and see what happens.

Update: So disabling the premium toolbar did not affect the Chrome stock market issue. However, I realized I am kind of dumb and didn't notice that there was a side scroll bar showing up on the stock market window. Scroll sideways and voila! The links are there and everything--the formatting is just messed up. I watched the ticker bar for a little to confirm a suspicion--the window is now the width of the ticker strip. What always looked like an endless loop of one complete stock list is in fact a loop of three duplicate lists so you can imagine it takes a lot of space across the top. This seems to be true of every page within the stock market.

Anyone else unable to access neo right now? I did not think there was supposed to be down time tonight? :O

Just finished playing a game, and it is still pending sending the score so I opened up Wheel of Mediocrity and it timed out. I think the site is down and for how long, is anyone's guess.

Update:

It's not just you! http://www.neopets.com looks down from here.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.neopets.com

There's also another site which also checks whether a site is down but I don't recall the url.

Neopets isn't working for me either. =(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Neopets isn't working for me either. =(

I haven't checked Neopets Facebook or twitter accounts. Maybe they announced something there.

Ughh. I wanted to trade my draik tonight :angry:

I finished my battling in the Battledome and some dailies but still haven't bought stocks for today. I wonder why this is happening. I thought that the site was nearly complete in being mended.

Mended, hmmmm... reminds me of something...

Perhaps I should start sewing again. Sewing is like Neopets in that it takes a long time, it's slow, often tedious, costs a lot of money if you want something extra special, yet in the end, you have something when you're done, and not just some pixelated images.

:D

Perhaps I should start sewing again. Sewing is like Neopets in that it takes a long time, it's slow, often tedious, costs a lot of money if you want something extra special, yet in the end, you have something when you're done, and not just some pixelated images.

:D

Charity, that's so cool! I've been wanting to learn to sew forever, since I'm short and need all my clothing tailored. (And I have a sewing machine at home). Do you have any recs on DIY/starting out such as yt vids or books?

I just checked Twitter... and I could hear the crickets chirping.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Stay on topic, please. You can send a PM if your conversation is unrelated to the thread.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Charity, that's so cool! I've been wanting to learn to sew forever, since I'm short and need all my clothing tailored. (And I have a sewing machine at home). Do you have any recs on DIY/starting out such as yt vids or books?

I just checked Twitter... and I could hear the crickets chirping.

Decchild, right now I don't have any links to any yt sewing videos. I took home ec in 8th grade, but what helped me most was starting out with the easiest pattern and reading it thoroughly. I always have struggled when listening to oral instructions so for me, reading the instructions in the pattern, plus my referring to a Better Homes & Garden Sewing book helped immensely.

My first "project" was a very simple "A-line" skirt pattern and I used 100% plain cotton fabric, with no design on the fabric, just a medium-dark shade of blue which after wearing and washing the skirt a few times, faded nicely. :) The reason for plain colors is you don't have to worry about matching lines or patterns in the design when sewing seams and until you have completed several sewing projects, you'll want it to be as easy and uncomplicated as possible. Plain colors go with other colors in your wardrobe so there's that too.

Cotton also showed the least number of mistakes from my having to rip out & re-do some seams. On my first project, I was told that "everyone makes mistakes, it's how you learn" but that didn't make me feel better when making many mistakes back then. :D Still my first project was something I wore a lot for a long time. For whatever reason, clothes you make yourself last longer and seem to hold up better than store bought clothes.

Better Homes and Garden's Sewing Book is found in most public libraries. I liked their book the best. There might also be some How to Sew books from major pattern manufacturing companies in the libraries. In my opinion, it's best to begin with the very simplest and least expensive patterns. If you enjoy sewing, you'll get around to the more expensive designer patterns soon enough. Until then you'll do fine sticking with the least expensive and simplest patterns which, again in my opinion, more often resulted in the nicest looking clothes which didn't look home-made.

Disclosure: I worked in a fabric store for a few years, loved the fabrics and was easily distracted by the most expensive fabrics and patterns. However the nicest looking clothes I made always seemed to be when I used basic patterns and good moderately priced fabric.

One more thing, if you phone around, you might find local sewing machine or fabric stores which offer in-store lessons. For the longest time they gave free lessons to people who purchased a sewing machine and everyone else could take 3 free lessons and pay a small fee for everything after that. It never hurts to ask.

My concern with watching instructions on YT is that if the instructor is a private party, there's no way to know if they really know what they're talking about or if they have ever taught beginners how to sew. If it's a sponsored video, there's something about the advertising within a lesson which wouldn't seem right to me, and possibly they'd give misleading information. From years and years of my buying patterns, fabric and sewing equipment, I finally learned that advertising and misleading info is common while the costs and waste of time wild goose chases seeking out the best pattern, the best fabric and the best sewing machine, will always be carried by the customer.

It might just be easiest to go to the library and look in the How to Sew section for a book, THEN ask the librarian if they have a video. Don't waste too much time on looking for the right book or video because sewing is most fun when you jump in and begin.

Sorry this became book length. I edited out a lot but this is still too long. :) I need to practice what I preach and start sewing again.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. If you want to discuss something with someone that is not on topic, please send them a private message instead.