** Another official update!***

Guest awkwardnormalcy

That's really annoying and irritating about the avatar.

The Neopocalypse was something funny and special at the time, plus it was a rare 'you had to be there' type of thing. Now it means nothing and this isn't even anywhere near the Neopocalypse.

Oh well... I guess. Nothing we can really do. Just not allowed to have nice, exclusive things.

Ugh. Go to bed kids so the adults can play on neopets all Friday night! So we can be responsible at home instead of going out to bars and such. It's really for the best for everyone. My liver would really appreciate it if I could just play Meerca Chase.

I got stuck on the front page trying to login. I was able to click 'login' but couldn't get any farther. Now I got the lock out message and to try back in 53 minutes. GGrrrrrr....

Oooh how annoying! I've tried on Firefox, Google Chrome and, yes, even Explorer (desperate times call for desperate measures) but nothing loads. Eventually the browser times out. Oh gosh oh gosh, I don't want to miss out on anything! D:

Something Has Happened! neopocalypse.gif

You are now eligible to use 'I survived the Neopocalypse!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

oh

oh my goodness

go to the NF page guys

I WENT AND I WASN'T LOGGED IN :( It loaded and everything but when I tried to log in it took a bajillion years and then when the page "loaded" it was my firefox error bag saying server timed out.

:( Neopets won't load for me, it keeps kicking me out then saying this page doesn't exist. I think we fried the servers you guys.

Oi, we are too excited. I'm bummed no Poogle day update on the NF. They said no new features today, it was just a transition update. Also, no NC mall purchases or card redemptions - they didn't say for how long just that they weren't working right now.

I wonder if this is going to happen for a while. Will they have to get bigger servers, or will we just have to be okay with random crashing?

Or is this only going to happen in the beginning, and it will work itself out?

IT people? Anyone?

Um... this is kind of how it was in the VERY beginning. You would have to refresh and refresh to *try* to get a page to load because of bandwidth issues. But back then it told us it was because they ran out of bandwidth. This doesn't give us any clue and jumpstart would have had the numbers used each month for page views, bandwidth usage, advert stuffs.... all before purchasing that's how they knew it was a good investment. So it's not like they didn't know that we had the cpacity to crash the site so either they didn't plan for it (stupid on their part if that's the reason) or something else is up.

The Neopocalypse was something funny and special at the time, plus it was a rare 'you had to be there' type of thing. Now it means nothing and this isn't even anywhere near the Neopocalypse.

Oh well... I guess. Nothing we can really do. Just not allowed to have nice, exclusive things.

No, this is why we can't have nice things.

Not to be a total mean girl, but c'mon, neopets isn't even fully up and there's already complaining going on? They didn't have to do anything for us at all you know.

No one earned that avatar to begin with so I don't see the point in complaining about a "you had to be there" moment because THIS was a "you had to be there moment." Well, kind of, because Neopets wasn't there, but you know what I am saying.

I agree with you!

The Neoacolyapse was the day or so when everything was down.

This was not it.

It wasn't the Neoacolypse.

No need to re-release it.

they shouldve come up with a new avvie

wouldve been a nice way to, uh, jumpstart the new era

ahem

Maybe coming up with a new avatar was too much for them, you know, since they gave out one they already had. Why waste time and money making a redundant graphic? But drumroll for you!

Not to be a total mean girl, but c'mon, neopets isn't even fully up and there's already complaining going on? They didn't have to do anything for us at all you know. They didn't have to warn us the site was going down. They didn't have to give out ANYTHING like avatars and they certainly don't have to reimburse anyone who used a time sensitive thing such as a FQ cookie before the site went down. They decided to do these things to be nice and ease the transition instead of being a total corperate machine so of course someone is going to complain about the way they do it.

No one earned that avatar to begin with so I don't see the point in complaining about a "you had to be there" moment because THIS was a "you had to be there moment." Well, kind of, because Neopets wasn't there, but you know what I am saying.

:I They would tell us anyways, because it's a big thing. That's what companies do.

No, they didn't have to give an avatar.

People are paying money for it, so it should be reimbursed.

Are you saying there's something wrong with complaining?

it was a 'you had to be there'. The Neoacoplyse was when things started going down for no reason. First one part, then another and then the boards. It was unplanned, and it was a neoacolypse.

Moving server? Not a Neoacolypse.

Why waste time and money making a redundant graphic? But drumroll for you!

~

Wow, there's no reason to be rude.

This is a different situation, and the avatar doesn't fit.

If they can make 6 different obelisk avatars and 5 pirate avatars, I think they can handle making one that fits this situation.

Hey lithium_kissed! *waves*

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep posts at 7 words or greater.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Bryn I can't stop staring at your signature...lol!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you wish to add more comments and you are the most recent reply.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

:I They would tell us anyways, because it's a big thing. That's what companies do.

No, they didn't have to give an avatar.

People are paying money for it, so it should be reimbursed.

Are you saying there's something wrong with complaining?

it was a 'you had to be there'. The Neoacoplyse was when things started going down for no reason. First one part, then another and then the boards. It was unplanned, and it was a neoacolypse.

Moving server? Not a Neoacolypse.

Why waste time and money making a redundant graphic? But drumroll for you!

~

Wow, there's no reason to be rude.

This is a different situation, and the avatar doesn't fit.

If they can make 6 different obelisk avatars and 5 pirate avatars, I think they can handle making one that fits this situation.

So what they are going to make an avatar called "I survived the server move?" Not likely. It's not as fun to say as Neoapocolypse.

They didn't actually have to tell us anything - maybe premium users because they pay monthly/yearly for the site to be up and running. And as far as NC goes, it tells you once you buy it you buy it, there's no refunds. So if someone bought and used a cookie after they warned the site would be down then that would be on them. It was a nice gesture to say they'd reimburse you, even when it clearly states everywhere that all sales are final and you're responsible for whatever you do with your NC and your NC items.

The obelisk war was a planned plot not during transition so I fail to see the relevance here but I'll go with it. No company in a transition or in the middle of a sale would waste money and resources making graphics if money or personel were needed elsewhere, like moving servers or taking down coffee orders for the programers or whatever else.

And I wasn't being rude the "drumroll" was meant for the Jumpstart joke, which you seem to have missed.

Not to be a total mean girl, but c'mon, neopets isn't even fully up and there's already complaining going on? They didn't have to do anything for us at all you know.

Except it fully was a "you had to be there" moment because Neopets exploded without notice and everyone freaked out. So much so that it warranted the avatar in the first place. This is totally different. It was a planned move for crying out loud.

Totally unrelated.