Neopets JumpStart transitioning: Changes and Down Time

hrtbrk

I thought Neopets had already moved over into JumpStart sometime after they were bought by it. I'm kinda sad to see habi go but then again I got stuck in a loop of running out of p3's and materials at lvl 10 I think. For PetPet Park though I think it was about time it went out although it was fun it just got ignored for so long. Hopefully something like habi comes back or some sort of time management game like it.

It's horrible that they are getting rid of the Habi. That makes me sad, along with several people on here. I just made it to level 32. I'm going to level as high as I can before the change. I better start right now. I'm going to miss my little guys busy working! *sighs*

At least I made some NP off my 30+ pages of eggs... I'm discarding all but one Soldier, one Nester, and one Worker egg, which I will hatch and send into the void just before downtime :P

I'm kind of running my laptop into the ground to make up for lost time :P I left it on all night for the first time yesterday and I plan to run it constantly until the very end. At least I can say I really did put a lot of effort in the end!

I had decided to put all my p3s in their houses and tidy everything up and then leave but this morning I thought it seemed to sad to just leave them in there so they are busy working again ... I just hope we get some notice I know its silly but I would like to put them all in houses before the end....

I know... I know ....I know .....they are seriously just pixels! I just have to convince myself of that lol ... I really am old enough to know better sorry everyone :sad01_anim: :sad02:

I'm sad that Habi's going, but I also think it's really necessary. It'll definitely be beneficial to the economy, and hopefully prices will deflate. The stock market might also go up, which would be great for me, because I've been in the red for weeks after investing for the avatar!

I've been habi-ing for nonstop for DAYS to make as much as I can before it's gone, and then last night my computer decides to "install updates" and restart without telling me so I missed out on an entire night ;-;

I get how it'll be beneficial, but it still makes me frustrated because I'm just not good at the games or reselling or stocks or any of that. I'm terrible. This was about the only way I found that I could make decent money to catch up to the people with multi-millions.

i took down my trades and emptied my shop and put everything in my sdb. i have no idea if that is too paranoid or not.. i just dont want to log online and find that everything in my shop now costs 1 np, lol.

No reason to be so worried.

They're just switch servers, I'm sure it will all be fine.

Missuninvited - Stocks are one of the easiest things on Neopets. Buy 1000 shares at 15 Neopoints. (If you can't then go with 16.) Then, sell them when the percentage is at least 100%. Never sell when it is negative.

http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true - Those are bargin stocks, which list the cheapest.

Make sure you do your dailies, and try playing Key Quest! I make most of my Neopoinst through a combination of stocks, dailies and Key Quest.

I took a look at your account age, and it's perfect for Pirate Food Eating Contest!

http://www.neopets.com/~innocent

Take a look there!

Had to let this information about habitarium absorb to sort out my feelings toward it. Habitarium was my main source of income, as it seems is also the case for a lot of people. But, I'm actually kind of glad that it's going. It is way too easy to get neopoints that way, and I feel like there should be more of a challenge in getting neopoints. I'm definitely getting as many neopoints out of it now, while I can, but I actually feel like neopets will be more fun, at least for me, without habitarium.

That being said, I'm sort of excited to try KeyQuest again. I played it for a bit a long time ago, but it was super slow for me & very glitchy. I'm hoping my computer now will be better able to handle it. And, hopefully, jumpstart will find a way to make it even better. I'm also excited to go back to playing all the games that neopets has to get my points, as I used to do. Obviously, I stopped playing the games once I saw I could make more neopoints in a day just letting habitarium open on my computer and doing nothing. I'm not the best at the games here on neopets, but I used to have my routine, and I was able to get a good amount of NP's a day.

Guess we'll see what happens once habi is gone, but I'm hoping for the best :)

KEY QUEST IS LOVE!!!

If people want to come over and play it, they should!

https://images.neopets.com/keyquest/game/kq2/KeyQuest.swf?v=32

Low-res link, which makes it easier for computers to play on

http://www.neopets.com/~temarill

And a Key Quest guide.

I'm open to answering questions, if anybody has any.

I've been habi-ing for nonstop for DAYS to make as much as I can before it's gone, and then last night my computer decides to "install updates" and restart without telling me so I missed out on an entire night ;-;

I get how it'll be beneficial, but it still makes me frustrated because I'm just not good at the games or reselling or stocks or any of that. I'm terrible. This was about the only way I found that I could make decent money to catch up to the people with multi-millions.

Same here, for some reason even though I had my laptop up with the contrast as low as it would go (the screen was basically black) my Habi didn't collect like I wanted it to. Bummed.

See? This is exactly who I was talking about, besides myself, where Habi evened the playing field just a tiny bit.

Missuninvited - Stocks are one of the easiest things on Neopets. Buy 1000 shares at 15 Neopoints. (If you can't then go with 16.) Then, sell them when the percentage is at least 100%. Never sell when it is negative.

http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true - Those are bargin stocks, which list the cheapest.

Make sure you do your dailies, and try playing Key Quest! I make most of my Neopoinst through a combination of stocks, dailies and Key Quest.

I took a look at your account age, and it's perfect for Pirate Food Eating Contest!

Take a look there!

Just so you know, sometimes reading a guide isn't helpful. The problem is that not everyone can even make 15k in a day doing dailies or playing games so how can one buy stocks every day if they don't even make 15k? Getting it through other games takes SO LONG and a lot of people don't have that kind of time nor do they want to expend the energy. Not to mention that stocks take FOREVER to go up even the slightest bit some times and it'll be rare that any of us see another VTPS or whatever and even have enough of it to be like some of the lucky 10k shareholders. In fact I'm probably going to stop buying stocks unless one of my dailies is really nice to me.

Food Club is awesome, if you can figure out your own betting system or even if you can't you can copy someone else's bets. I copy Hugo's and in the few short weeks I've been doing it, it's been fairly nice to me but I still end up with -60k down the drain in bets.

Habi saved those dents to my bank caused buy daily stock purchases, codestones and negative FC days. With that little safety net gone, my meesley millions are going to be thousands. Maybe I'll take another hiatus and see if when I come back there is something awesome in its place. Thats basically what happened to Habi to begin with.

Take a look there!

Thanks for the tips! I guess I'm going to have to find SOMETHING to get good at eventually... haha :P

For some reason my dailies lately just have not been up to snuff. I'm just not getting much in the way of NP or decent items like I used to.

I do love KQ! I just don't do it as often because of the time commitment, but that's why I usually try for only 2 or 3 player games, it goes a bit faster. And you usually make at least a K per short game, so maybe that'll become my new cash cow. Hmmm.

I'm glad they're keeping KQ. I know some don't like it but with a little effort I think it could at least partially make up for habi. And who knows, maybe without Habi/PPP to focus on they'll do more work on KQ after the transition! *tries to keep a positive outlook*

I used to play KQ, while I had the Habi running! :D Good old days!

I have a bad internet connection nad an old pc, so oneday someone sent an neomail and told me I was cheating because I miss my turn in KQ to avoid something. Since then I don't really like KQ. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I am so sad over Habi. I'm in a Habi themed guild, it is what got me back on to Neo after I took a hiatus when my account was lost....

I used Habi a lot as a main source of income, I do restock, but it's not my forte, KQ is good, but it took me so much time to play enough games and I rarely have more than an hour a day to play Neo.

I hope they'll introduce a new way to make NP...something like FC, stocks, Plushie Tycoon or Habi which we can slowly figure out how to use, how to make the profits, and form new legends like the ones of old, like w3 is for the stock market.

:O Wow! That sounded almost poetical.

I guess Neopets was the one place I(naively) thought would never change almost. This jolts me back to reality. I hope they don't change too much else.

Ok, still trying to figure out this whole message board thing... I'll get there eventually. So with my "expertise" being that I worked for a website that had to go through something similar I can tell you that if you're changing anything over you do a FULL back up of everything before you even shut it down. The reason is because if you mess something up you can just start over or if something doesn't transfer you've got the back up and you're golden.

The website I worked for, the first time we tried to go live was a mess. The whole thing was bugged, none of the coding worked even though all they did was download and upload. Well, I'm going to assume that's what they did based on my abismal knowledge of actual website construction. I've had a few blogs in my time but basic CSS/HTML is all I've got experience with besides that. I think that's why TNT said 2 days. It's only a few clicks of a button but you have to comb through everything to make sure all the links work, ect. My guess is that it won't take the full two days but they estimated that with some cushin room for error just in case. We'd all freak out if this took a week right?

So long story short, there are going to be issues but TNT is most likely going to make sure that the old back ups match up before they let us come in and trample all over it. If it helps make you feel more secure go ahead and make the screenshots. All that will be wasted is your time and it'll give you something nice to look at while neo is actually down and if something indeed happens you're covered. :)

What I would be more concerned with is pet descriptions, petpages, your shop & gallery descriptions/coding - they might just restore those to default and if you've worked really hard on any of it I'd open up notepad and copy + paste everything. They'll probably change the formatting of that stuff again too.

This makes me feel a lott better thank you :) I still might take screenshots of important stuff for peace of mind vs screenshotting my entire SDB 0_0

I'll C+P my user look-up too. Thank you!

I haven't seen this anywhere really, but since petpet park is going away, does this mean the daily with the toy box will be gone too? :(

This makes me feel a lott better thank you :) I still might take screenshots of important stuff for peace of mind vs screenshotting my entire SDB 0_0

I'll C+P my user look-up too. Thank you!

I haven't seen this anywhere really, but since petpet park is going away, does this mean the daily with the toy box will be gone too? :(

You're very welcome. Glad it brought someone some solace.

I hadn't thought about the toy box. I rarely do it even though I've gotten a nice 900+ NP from it the other day. I imagine we will probably lose a lot of dailies that we had before. Like Wheel of Slime... I'm wondering when they are going to throw out adver-video since that's a nice 1500-2000NP most days but it hasn't actually played a video for me in ages. At least not since I came back from a major 2-3 year hiatus last year.

You're very welcome. Glad it brought someone some solace.

I hadn't thought about the toy box. I rarely do it even though I've gotten a nice 900+ NP from it the other day. I imagine we will probably lose a lot of dailies that we had before. Like Wheel of Slime... I'm wondering when they are going to throw out adver-video since that's a nice 1500-2000NP most days but it hasn't actually played a video for me in ages. At least not since I came back from a major 2-3 year hiatus last year.

I didn't even think about the PPP daily... :( And yeah, as much money as adver-video could potentially make me I'm a) too lazy to watch them all and b) unable to play stuff half the time anyway

I wonder if the 3 games that you could play to earn neopoints on the petpet park page area will be going too? One of the games on there was one of my favorites but hopefully TNT will start working on bigger things for the site such as getting Defenders of Neopia to work or getting Lenny Conundrum fixed. JumpStart doesn't seem like they would let Neopets go downhill so maybe things that need more attention spent on will get the attention they deserve to help get rid of bugs and such.

It's been said lots & lots of times, but I really do think getting rid of habi will help neopets.

Especially on the economy front - I definitely think things will stop inflating after a while.

I'm print screening a picture of my magic chia pop in my SDB, but I'm mostly because I'm going along with the band wagon.

btw, i know it makes people feel better to take these precautions, so feel free to do whatever you like. but even if TNT messed up and things in people's accounts were lost, screenshots can be doctored and i highly doubt they would accept them as proof of anything.