Any Help?

~Ğǿǿmy~

Hello TDN Fourms, sorry i haven't been on for a while summer work from school has been keeping me busy since the end of july.

Last night, I was just laying in my bed and I could feel my heart beating when I laid on my stomach. I didn't think of anything so I feel asleep, but when I woke up today i had the same feeling, my heart was beating faster, as if i just ran a mile.

I googled it, but all the answers and description weren't what i was experience, my heart isn't hurting and it isn't beating harder. But it feels as if i have all of this energy in my chest. So google wasn't any help. And I wasn't about to go to the doctor for a minuscule thing like this, and pay over 100 dollars.

Does any know what this is? I don't believe its anything, but i would just like to know is happening.

Thanks!

I just want to say that self-diagnosis isn't really advisable, because nothing beats an actual doctor physically checking you out.

On the other hand, I'm curious. Is the feeling persistent, like do you have a high heart rate all the time? Is it actually a beating at a higher rate than normal or did you just feel like it was beating faster than normal? Were you feeling any anxiety or nervousness or general uneasiness when you felt your heart speed up?

I just reread your post and well, generally, if you put pressure on your chest (like by lying down prostrate), you can feel you heart beating more prominently than usual. Especially since you were trying to sleep, I assume. And that feeling when you woke up, did you perhaps have a stressful dream? I've woken up on several occasions with my heart pounding heavily because I was dreaming of something particularly nasty (the most recent I could recall was that someone was telling me I failed a test I knew I passed ehe).

That, or you're being hexed. Check under your bed or all over your room for any suspicious hex bags you don't recall placing there. (:

In the meantime, maybe try breathing exercises or meditation to see if you can reduce your heart rate so something you're comfortable with. Plus, you'll feel super cool and relaxed, because eyyyyy, I can control my bod. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, like they say in the commercials: if symptoms persist, consult your doctor.

I just want to say that self-diagnosis isn't really advisable, because nothing beats an actual doctor physically checking you out.

On the other hand, I'm curious. Is the feeling persistent, like do you have a high heart rate all the time? Is it actually a beating at a higher rate than normal or did you just feel like it was beating faster than normal? Were you feeling any anxiety or nervousness or general uneasiness when you felt your heart speed up?

I just reread your post and well, generally, if you put pressure on your chest (like by lying down prostrate), you can feel you heart beating more prominently than usual. Especially since you were trying to sleep, I assume. And that feeling when you woke up, did you perhaps have a stressful dream? I've woken up on several occasions with my heart pounding heavily because I was dreaming of something particularly nasty (the most recent I could recall was that someone was telling me I failed a test I knew I passed ehe).

That, or you're being hexed. Check under your bed or all over your room for any suspicious hex bags you don't recall placing there. (:

In the meantime, maybe try breathing exercises or meditation to see if you can reduce your heart rate so something you're comfortable with. Plus, you'll feel super cool and relaxed, because eyyyyy, I can control my bod. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, like they say in the commercials: if symptoms persist, consult your doctor.

Thanks for your response! So I consulted my doctor by going to the ER and the had blood tests and they monitored me and in the end they said that it was Heart Papitulation and that it was caused by anxiety. Which I thought was weird at first until just now. I had an anxiety attack. It was very scary but I spoke to my sister at college and she helped me calm down.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, anxiety attacks sound scary! I'm happy that you were able to get everything worked out, and that your sister was there. I've heard it's important to have someone to talk to when you have an anxiety attack.

Do your parents know have any doctor friends, or do you know of anyone you can call if something like this happens again? That way, you can give them a call and ask for their advice instead of having to go in to the doctor.