'Ongoing Plot' Yeah... Right. I Miss Altador

lizzyjane101

It's been ages since the Altador plot. I was so excited to come back to Neopets after ten years to find an interesting, vaguely long-term plot available. I've actually been looking for a good fantasy rpg and Altador assuaged the adventurer in me. I'm in a bit of a neopets rut at the moment. Wouldn't it be great to have more plots like that? I know they must take a lot of work, but golly it was fun. Did I seriously just say golly? There is no excuse for that.

But anyway, thoughts anyone? I think it might have been the highlight of my Neopets career. I would love more content like it.

Yes, the lack of BIG plots lately has been indeed frustrating. It feels as if TNT is focusing on short-term players of the site, who just want the casual event or two but don't feel like going deeper. It's annoying! I miss plots like The Tale of Woe (my all-time favourite!)...

I agree! I really miss all the big plots they used to do. It feels like they haven't really done one in a few years, which is a shame. They certainly did feel more roleplay-y than just the puzzle plots they've put out lately, with lore and everything involved and it made it so much fun.

I certainly feel like the "We're still transitioning to JumpStart" excuse is wearing a bit thin. If they are still giving us that excuse after a year of the transfer, I think I'm going to scream. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Definitely on the boat with you on this one. It's been far too long since something something excited the community such as a big plot.

I would like to see a plot with more meat to it as well. Even the plot event that accompanied Krawk Island's revamp was a bit skimpy. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy the small plot events too, it's just that they are over so fast.

The Altador plot, the Tale of Woe, the Lost Desert plot, the Curse of Maraqua... I'm sure there's a few others since I wasn't even playing Neopets yet during some of these... but these seemed to have more substance. They also seem to be the ones that added something to Neopets' history. I'm trying to remember if the Faeries' Ruin was the last one like this. I don't really count the War of the Obelisk because of its 'continuation' factor -- being used as not only a revamp to Tyrannia, but to the Battledome.

And even though I completed the Altador plot ages ago, I always liked the fact that they kept it available to play for anyone just coming in that wasn't here to participate originally. Why can't some of them be more like that? Another avatar, another trophy... who wouldn't like that?

Maybe all these recent events have been pretty lame and uneventful because they're busy working on something EPIC ;)

well, I doubt it, but one can dream lol

But I mean they haven't been working on fixing a lot of the current problems such as defenders of neopia or lenny conundrum (among many other things) so I figure they must be spending their time working on something. I honestly wonder how they've been spending their time recently.

I certainly feel like the "We're still transitioning to JumpStart" excuse is wearing a bit thin. If they are still giving us that excuse after a year of the transfer, I think I'm going to scream. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Knowing TNT, that will probably be their golden excuse for pretty much everything for a loooong time. Gash.

Yes, the lack of BIG plots lately has been indeed frustrating. It feels as if TNT is focusing on short-term players of the site, who just want the casual event or two but don't feel like going deeper. It's annoying! I miss plots like The Tale of Woe (my all-time favourite!)...

Yeah. I've only been on for a few months, but I'm already starting to get bored. I think also because there are a lot more mature players than there used to be, they have to be aware that some of us are moving very quickly through the content. I missed all those epic plots :(

I would like to see a plot with more meat to it as well. Even the plot event that accompanied Krawk Island's revamp was a bit skimpy. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy the small plot events too, it's just that they are over so fast.

The Altador plot, the Tale of Woe, the Lost Desert plot, the Curse of Maraqua... I'm sure there's a few others since I wasn't even playing Neopets yet during some of these... but these seemed to have more substance. They also seem to be the ones that added something to Neopets' history. I'm trying to remember if the Faeries' Ruin was the last one like this. I don't really count the War of the Obelisk because of its 'continuation' factor -- being used as not only a revamp to Tyrannia, but to the Battledome.

And even though I completed the Altador plot ages ago, I always liked the fact that they kept it available to play for anyone just coming in that wasn't here to participate originally. Why can't some of them be more like that? Another avatar, another trophy... who wouldn't like that?

Exactly. And I'm the sort of person who likes a good long puzzle adventure. I missed all the other plots because I wasn't playing /sigh

I really hope there's a new one coming out.

Did there used to be a lot of these 'event' type things too, in addition to the old plots, or are these now sort of taking the place of actual plots? I poorly timed a super long hiatus to miss about every single plot (argh!) so I don't know what else was going on between them.

I keep getting all excited to participate in an actual real-time plot, but alas, no luck so far! Fingers crossed they come up with something eventually.

Did there used to be a lot of these 'event' type things too, in addition to the old plots, or are these now sort of taking the place of actual plots? I poorly timed a super long hiatus to miss about every single plot (argh!) so I don't know what else was going on between them.

I keep getting all excited to participate in an actual real-time plot, but alas, no luck so far! Fingers crossed they come up with something eventually.

Ditto. I honestly don't know what I'm really doing on Neopets if we don't get a new plot soon.

I agree that we do need some fresh interest and a proper plot would be great and long overdue. I have been around for almost 12 years and this is the first time that I have genuinely thought of leaving, I am simply getting bored, we need some fresh stuff new avatars and trophies to work for. The latest logic clue turned out to be a bit of a nothing really and now I just think its going to be more of the same.

I really cant justify the cost of another year of premium its just getting old and dull for me :sad02: never thought I would feel like that

I completely agree!! I haven't been around (life gets busy, you know?) most of the times that major plots are going on, so I really enjoyed getting to do the Altador Plot afterwards.

I just feel like the recent things I haven't even gotten into. Like the Desert Diplomacy? You didn't even have to look for the clues! It's just a couple of clicks, and you're done.

I'm also really frustrated that the "New" Battledome is still in Beta. I just feel like there's not a lot to do but the same things over and over. I have accumulated an abundance of NP... what now??

I completely agree!! I haven't been around (life gets busy, you know?) most of the times that major plots are going on, so I really enjoyed getting to do the Altador Plot afterwards.

I just feel like the recent things I haven't even gotten into. Like the Desert Diplomacy? You didn't even have to look for the clues! It's just a couple of clicks, and you're done.

I'm also really frustrated that the "New" Battledome is still in Beta. I just feel like there's not a lot to do but the same things over and over. I have accumulated an abundance of NP... what now??

same here I set a goal to get a certain number of np to keep myself busy and I doubled it while waiting for something new to happen ...

sadly I feel that the focus of the neo team is now making money from neocash items so they dont have time for new plots let alone finishing off things that have needed sorting out for a very long time... like battledome

I love the idea of the site and I want to be postive .. Im just finding it difficult after all this time, I hoped that being bought by jumpstart would give the site a jumpstart but it seems not and I think there has been enough time for the new owners to make a mark but nothing has changed as far as I can tell

It would be nice to have mote plots like Altador since I wasn't on Neopets when there was all of the other plots before that. I'm not sure if JumpStart is really sure on what they want to do with the site at the moment.Maybe they do something like this with the Neopian Times but it would be nice if they would drop hints about what they were working on or maybe give updates on progress without giving out 100% of the information.

• 4 months later...

As another who came back after quite a lengthy hiatus I was quite glad at first that I hadn't really missed too much in the way of plots (( It's always pesky to see people with plot trophies you missed your chance to get xD )) but then nothing and nothing and more nothing happened and it really has gotten quite boring.

I've been mostly concentrating on avatar collection, which is something I was never that into when I first played, in order to keep myself interested but I'm starting to hit a wall with that. Would be nice to get some new ones that rely on problem solving or skill, rather than collecting or shelling out vast amounts of neopoints on one thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely on the boat with you on this one. It's been far too long since something something excited the community such as a big plot.

I don't really think this can be pinned on JumpStart. It's been a chronic problem for the site long before they were even in the picture.

What was the last true "plot" we've had? Faerie's Ruin? Or was it something else?

• 3 months later...

I came back from a 4 year hiatus and found out that they really didn't add any new plots during my hiatus. I finally completed the altador cup plot and actually enjoyed the different characters and their back stories. Lately I noticed they put more focus on the battledome with the battle of the obelisk and NC items, which sucks for people who don't want to pay real money for neopets. Even for pet days they are releasing less pet colors than before the jumpstart transition. I remember when they used to release 2 colors for each pet, but now they are slower at releasing colors and only release usually 1 color.

I'm sticking around for a while just to see if Jumpstart will try to push Neo to its old days again. Missing the keyquest and habi days

As long as they keep things like the Altador Cup, Games Master Challenge, and Daily Dare as annual events, I can't see TNT ever finding enough time to work out a plot as detailed as the Lost Desert or Tale of Woe plots. I imagine that it must take a lot of work preparing for those events.

I understand that those are some of the biggest draws the site has, but to be perfectly honest, I would prefer working on a plot rather than playing a bunch of random games for a bunch of random prizes.

I came back from a 4 year hiatus and found out that they really didn't add any new plots during my hiatus. I finally completed the altador cup plot and actually enjoyed the different characters and their back stories. Lately I noticed they put more focus on the battledome with the battle of the obelisk and NC items, which sucks for people who don't want to pay real money for neopets. Even for pet days they are releasing less pet colors than before the jumpstart transition. I remember when they used to release 2 colors for each pet, but now they are slower at releasing colors and only release usually 1 color.

I'm sticking around for a while just to see if Jumpstart will try to push Neo to its old days again. Missing the keyquest and habi days

I have nearly the same story. Played all the time, then had to break for college. Yesterday was really the first time I sat down to figure out how the New Neo works (what changed, etc), and THAT DAY they roll out this new "plot" that costs $30 just to complete fully! 2250 NC! I can't afford ONE folder to play, because all the NC in the world that I have was free (and it bloody expires for some reason! What the heck!) I miss Habi. Never got to really try Key Quest. I'm going to play through this Cup and just, who knows. :/