Which pet (any species/color) needs a redesign the most?

esem17

haha yeah there is something off about the robo grundo..I still kinda like it though :p

for me I think it's a tie between the Royalgirl Moehog and Desert Chia. Although the chia comes in so many other awesome colors I can't hate lol. And I like the moehog it's just a lot of other royal pets have such nice detail

2.png2.png

haha yeah there is something off about the robo grundo..I still kinda like it though :P

for me I think it's a tie between the Royalgirl Moehog and Desert Chia. Although the chia comes in so many other awesome colors I can't hate lol. And I like the moehog it's just a lot of other royal pets have such nice detail

2.png2.png

I feel the same way about the robot pets. Like the lenny, Ogrin, Hissi, Yurble, just to name a few, havve SO much more detail than the grundo

The Mutant Uni looks off to me for some reason. The feet especially look odd to me for some reason.

Also a lot of the faerie colors need redesigns, Faeries are magical beings so the colors

should give off a feeling that they are magical but really most of the time it's just wings attached to a pet.4.png

Since i'm not really a fan of faerie pets anyways, I wouldn't know. HOWVERE, if I had to pick one, i'd choose one of the three below, probably because they are more than basic pets with wings hahaha

4.png4.png4.png

I forgot the one other pet i'd redesign would be the royal boy kougra. I really want one, just the "lion's mane" isn't drawn well and just looks weird to me.

4.png :sick01:

Many of the Faerie pets needs a redesign, also some of the Robot pets that doesn't have the same amount of detail as the other ones (I'm looking at you, Robot Chomby among many others...). Some Desert, Royal, Christmas and Halloween pets, all the Ghost pets that have the same facial expressions as the basic coloured pets and all the Invisible pets that can't wear clothes need a redesign, fast! Some Magma pets that lack enough accents could also need a minor redraw or touch ups... and the other coloured pets that they forgot to draw some facial expressions for. If I were to post images of all the pets I think needs to be redrawn this post would be endless... so I won't do that. lol Here are some though:

Compare this cool-looking Robot Ogrin (although the male without the casing lacks robot eyes... TNT needs to fix that or if they already have then someone should model it for DTI) and this awesome Robot Bruce...

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png
... to these utterly boring and plain Robot pets.

2.png 2.png2.png2.png

I mean, come on, it can't take that much time to update the designs of some pets... . Some pet designs just scream lazy in comparison to the other pets and make TNT look like they doesn't care about providing quality. :/ If some pets have old designs and TNT fear that updating them would make some players complain, why not give the players the option to keep them with the old design while providing the other players the option to update their pets to the new designs? We already have UC pets, so why not make a 2nd generation of UC pets?

Also, I don't like the Robot Grundo, but at least it isn't as plain looking as many of the old Robot pets. It's just so that its design isn't my cup of tea. It isn't poorly drawn nor outdated, but still... meh... it could have been a lot cooler. lol

I'm not a fan of most of the Faerie pets. (Even the "pretty" ones, since I'm not a huge fan of purply/pink stuff, though I do like that Lenny.)

Here are some of my "I'd redraw it if I could draw and worked for TNT"s:

2.png2.png

Are those wings attached to the... head? Those eyes are nightmarishly huge. Must. Stop. Looking. Don't blink.

But if I had to choose just one, I would redraw the entire Peophin species, because every time I look at one, all I do is picture it on land, trying to drag its rear body through the sand with those spindly little legs. And then I think of the poor things in the water, trying to use those same spindly little legs as flippers. The result is the same: it goes nowhere, and either fries to death under the hot sun or drowns to death trying desperately for the surface. So I'd give it some flippers, make it a truly aquatic pet. If it wanted front legs, too, I'd at least make them semi-useful in the water, shorter and more powerful, so they could actually navigate on land.

peophin_blue_left.gifpeophin_blue_left.gif

Help! I've been drawn so I can't get up! Help! I just want to breathe -- why can't I have some fins? *glub, glub*

P.S. This thread made me nostalgic for my blue Ixi (my very first pet), and is seriously making me consider painting her Royalboy, even though her current Pirate goes much better with my beach-themed gallery (I did spend 12M on that pirate paint brush -- I reached my savings goal a few months early, right before it became an AC prize... *sigh* -- but those NP are gone, and I'd still have the clothes...). It'd be ironic because I have a male Royalgirl Flotsam, and now I want a female Royalboy Ixi...

Oh, I nearly forgot the Maraquan Mynci. For some reason it reminds me of the weird baby thing from the movie The Passion of the Christ. Or the Voldemort-soul-baby at King's Cross Station (book version, I can't even remember what movie version looked like). Either way, it looks like it needs to be exorcised:

4.png

Honestly, I think a lot of the pets don't look very good any more. Which, of course, is why UCs are so special! It's just really unfortunate that they had to redraw everything to make the customizations work, because a lot of pets got seriously downgraded. I mean, we went from this

aisha_darigan_baby.gif

to this

4.png

UCs have so much character, and I loved how painting them changed their positioning. It's unfortunate that now every pet looks the same, just different colours.

But in terms of new colours, I think gray needs a big overhaul. A lot of them have lost the cuteness factor, and instead just look kind of scary. And the red eyes look really awful on some of them, for example the gray hissi. It doesn't look so much sad as... something else.

I really don't think redesigns will ever happen again due to customization. They'd have to redraw all the clothes to fit on the new design and with hundreds of thousands of wearables out there...it isn't happening. We can only deal with what we have, unfortunately.

Oh, I nearly forgot the Maraquan Mynci. For some reason it reminds me of the weird baby thing from the movie The Passion of the Christ. Or the Voldemort-soul-baby at King's Cross Station (book version, I can't even remember what movie version looked like). Either way, it looks like it needs to be exorcised:

4.png

It's a sea-monkey I think xD

As for the redesigns, I think there are some colours that could get a sort of newer version (like Relic is sort of like a revamped Stone). See Cloud: most of them are just pets with a cloud pattern on them. I would really like to see an Air Paint Brush that makes your pets look like they've been formed from the breeze.

And Starry, too: there was a post about the fan-made Nebula Paint Brush which I would love to see made a reality. ;-;

if they redesigned them in a way that didn't mess with their outline or general position, it wouldn't interfere with their customization. they'd definitely be putting in some work that they might not have time for if other things are a priority for them.

also, there are plenty of pet colors that i'm not a fan of but wouldn't necessarily say need to be redone just because i don't like them. other players like them, and a pet should only be redone if their quality or originality isn't in line with what we've come to expect from the team.

Since i'm not really a fan of faerie pets anyways, I wouldn't know. HOWVERE, if I had to pick one, i'd choose one of the three below, probably because they are more than basic pets with wings hahaha

4.png4.png4.png

I forgot the one other pet i'd redesign would be the royal boy kougra. I really want one, just the "lion's mane" isn't drawn well and just looks weird to me.

4.png :sick01:

I've always liked the Royalboy Kougra. I think he looks fine the way he is. If any Royalboy needs a makeover, it's the Royalboy Gelert/ Yikes! That is a train wreck beyond words.

Dayday0819- I know what you mean about UCs. That's the reason I never changed PrincessDimitra on a side account. She's a UC Desert Aisha. I got the paint brush in a RE shortly after it came out. In truth, I'll never change her. PrincessDimitra is beautiful the way she is!

I would love it if you guys took a look, and tell me what you think. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The Sketch Neopets... They looked great before, but now they just...

xweetok_sketch_baby.gif4.png

I dunno, the old ones just looked a bit more creative (as in actually sketched...). The new ones are too clean.

Wow, I never noticed that, but you're completely right! The old ones are really beautiful and have a lot of character, while the new ones are just blue outlines filled in with white.

4.png4.png4.png

Ugh, I have to agree with you on that one. The sad thing is TWO of my pets are faeries...blasted Lab Ray!

kiko_faerie_baby.gifkoi_faerie_baby.gif