Restocking Food Vs. Books, which is better?

ChokatoThunder

Well a number of factors will count here, how often have you restocked currently? If you are brand new to restocking I would suggest books, since from what i remember the main bookstore restocks pretty often and you are almost guaranteed a profit. I also recommend restocking at the AAA if your account is at least three years old. A lot of the items there are worth a lot and the boards usually have restock times that can help you gauge when to start refreshing. Restocking at the AAA was the best newbie experience for me, i got a lot quicker and you don't have to haggle so it is a good stepping stone. After the AAA I went to books and now I restock soley at Uni's but I might changed to a smoothie shop soon.

Well a number of factors will count here, how often have you restocked currently? If you are brand new to restocking I would suggest books, since from what i remember the main bookstore restocks pretty often and you are almost guaranteed a profit. I also recommend restocking at the AAA if your account is at least three years old. A lot of the items there are worth a lot and the boards usually have restock times that can help you gauge when to start refreshing. Restocking at the AAA was the best newbie experience for me, i got a lot quicker and you don't have to haggle so it is a good stepping stone. After the AAA I went to books and now I restock soley at Uni's but I might changed to a smoothie shop soon.

Well, I have been restocking food for a while and I make like 50k day on average but sometimes I have really good days, so I'm not a beginner, but lately I've gotten quite a drought in sells, and I'm wondering if books are easier to sell. Also, it seems much easier for me to get profitable than profitable books. But maybe it's just me /: That's why I wanted to know which was better.

Also, I haven't ever stocked at the AAA because I think I would sell more if I stuck to a certain theme. like food or books.

And I actually don't recommend restocking at the AAA if you aren't familiar with r80+ items and their market prices, because some items are tricky and look expensive, but you end up losing money instead :P

Food is medium in difficulty in terms of RSing - I actually wouldn't restock in the Main food shop, rather somewhere like Exotic Foods or Health Foods because the number of profitable items is lower and are easier to recognize. Though I guess I don't like to RS any item with lower than 10k profit :P Books is definitely a good place to start practicing your restocking skills as well as familiarizing yourself with the market. You typically get over 2k profit per book your RS granted it's a book that only stocks 1-2 at a time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree with Rune, I like to restock with items that will earn me at least 10k in profit. However, during the obelisk, I like to restock in potions because people need them during this time and I can earn anywhere from 50-500nps or more in profit. Every little bit helps. FYI, kiko pop gives out a lot of potions. I put them in my SDB and save them for the obelisk.

• 4 months later...

I restock from the Bakery and the Candy Shop. My shop is pretty successful although I've never tried restocking books. Usually low priced items in the Bakery and Candy Shop that are in low amounts (1-3 items) are a good deal and good for selling. If you're not sure, use the shop wizard.