I don't understand the shop limit and why it's so low

Sinvanor

Am I the only one who thinks the shop limit is a bit ridiculous?

I read ALL about scammers on auctions and the trading post and it makes me nervous to try to sell my magical peach chia pop on the auctions,

I've never heard of scammers in shops unless they ask for donations, have contests or somehow get their item to link to some other page that steals NP (to my knowledge, that isn't possible)

I think if you could just sell any item for any price in your shop it would cut down massively on scammers in both the trading post and auction house.

I just put up my peach pop for auction and I'm very nervous someone will scan me out of it or something :( I'd be so much happier if I could just sell it in my shop for a straight up price, even if I'd get less out of the deal, it feels safer.

Can anyone explain the point of in my opinion, the really silly limit of 99,999?

If you properly set your increment on an auction, it's actually impossible to get scammed on auctions. For example, you want to sell it for 1.2mil, just set the starting price at 1000000 and your increment at 200000, that way whoever wants to buy it bids your selling price. I'm not sure where you read this "scammer information" but if you set it up properly, you're not losing any NP.

As for the Trading Post, the 800k limit was set to prevent people who've scammed their way into someone's account and transfer the NP in that account quickly. If the TP had no NP limit, they could empty your account in a minute, not leaving you any time to do damage control, or even have the option to self-freeze or report the account as compromised. The same reason goes for shop price limits, it makes it a little harder to move out NP for those who get into your account. There used to be no limit to shops when we didn't have a gallery feature yet, so that there was a way to display your items without anyone actually buying them. However it's been ages since the gallery system was introduced, and again, it's mainly for account safety purposes.

Remember that the Trading Post does have a "Accept this offer?" pop up before you actually accept an offer, which means YOU are responsible for checking whether or not the NP/item you are receiving is actually the correct amount. People who try to take advantage of your carelessness do exist, but that's mostly up to you to decide if you want to double check everything before accepting.

I have read in a recent editorial, however, that TNT would like to see a higher auction limit, so there's that option. Remember that safety isn't always TNT's responsibility, it's also yours. If you're smart about how you go about things, never clicking on suspicious links and generally check everything before it's completed, it's not likely you're going to be fooled by anyone or get scammed.

I am quite happy with the trading post and auctions mostly due to the things that were mentioned above.

I do think it might be good to have a higher value shop price possible perhaps 150k, I dont really see a need to have it at only 99,999 unless it is some technical issue it does make it tricky for people who want to sell for a set price easily in their shop.

Not everyone wants to use the TP and auctions and it seems a bit silly that you are forced to if you want to sell higher priced things

I can't say it any better than Rune.

However, personally I like the idea that I have to venture out of our shops to sell the more expensive items, it's more life like, most million dollar items would be sought out at an auction.

The trading post can be a pain at times but once you get passed that and ignore the bad traders you will be fine.