A Farewell to the Flaming Meerca

I know some opponents give better prizes than others. I know it helps to fight weak opponents on their highest level to get your np with as little effort as possible. I get it, but some days I don't even bother getting the whole 1500np because its boring.

This is not a post about that. This is a post about the opponents you battle because they deserve it. They looked at you wrong with their stupid little pixels and someone has to put them in their place.

For years, that opponent for me was the Flaming Meerca. Back before the new BD, when it was seriously difficult work to get hold of the NP to buy dubloons and codestones, when a level would easily set you back 50k, the Flaming Meerca gave me the proverbial "stink eye."

Unfortunately, it was WAY stronger than my Fureen. I took my time, leveling him up, trying again, failing again, repeating the cycle as the humiliation grew and festered, taking on a life of its own. After the new Battledome opened, Fureen and I faced our ageless foe again. The air was still, the Meerca's crackling was like static on an old radio... with a flick of its tail, it began its attack.

Its fall was swift, merciless, and not nearly enough to sate the monster our lust for revenge had become. In our service of science and BD prize data collection, we have bested the Koi Warrior 2801 times in cold blood. We have seen Kauvara fall wounded 1018 times. Yes, even the mighty Duchess has met her end at our Altador Throwing Star 717 times. The Flaming Meerca is no match for us. Its looks mean little. Its time to let go.

Because I'm pretty sure that those catty Drenched sisters have been spreading rumors that we smell like the Negg Nobody Found Last Year. And you? Whom do you raise arms 'gainst at the drop of every hat?

Boochi was one for me, he shot my pet and hit. He's missed several times thankfully! And also Turmaculus, eating the Feepit I got from the Advent Calendar. Wow, I think that was back in 2006... No way I could've beaten him then I don't believe. Though I tried. Whenever TNT gets around to merging our battle records from the old BD with the new one, I can find out if I managed to beat him eventually or not. lol Otherwise, I had fun going after the Defenders of Neopia opponents. Tekkitu and Commander Garoo were especially tricky for my pet's level back then. ;)

I literally started my battling career because Boochi zapped my Xweetok into a Baby and I took it out on him via the Battledome.

I then started getting serious on Battledoming and actually really liked it when the new Battledome came out.

Boochi was one for me, he shot my pet and hit. He's missed several times thankfully! And also Turmaculus, eating the Feepit I got from the Advent Calendar. Wow, I think that was back in 2006... No way I could've beaten him then I don't believe. Though I tried. Whenever TNT gets around to merging our battle records from the old BD with the new one, I can find out if I managed to beat him eventually or not. lol Otherwise, I had fun going after the Defenders of Neopia opponents. Tekkitu and Commander Garoo were especially tricky for my pet's level back then. ;)

Boochi. I've heard he's made himself the most hated character in all of Neopia. Now there is an individual who deserves to be cuffed 'round the ears. I've never met him, actually, nor Turmaculus. I hear awful things about them. They sound like scoundrels of the most unsavory variety.

I literally started my battling career because Boochi zapped my Xweetok into a Baby and I took it out on him via the Battledome.

I then started getting serious on Battledoming and actually really liked it when the new Battledome came out.

Yes, I particularly appreciate the art. Our pets are finally taking this seriously and attacking as though they mean to do harm to those villainous fiends who dare spread falsehoods and fear across Neopia.

For me it's always been The Black Pteri ... he always sits and croaks "Doom To All" ... like , really ?!!

Hmm. Indeed. That sounds like a threat to me. You're doing us all a favor, really.

If you visit "Turmy" to try to get him as a challenger and the avatar, you want to have a petpet that you don't care if it gets eaten then. ;)

Boochi, yeah, pain in the rear when his blast hits. Unless you really wanted to get a baby pet someday. But otherwise, total annoyance. Luckily, a guild friend, who sadly no longer plays, sent me a Christmas Paintbrush to restore my peophin to his festive self. Needless to say, I was floored by that generosity, but she insisted. :)