When is Premium worth getting?

kitkatlw

So, we all know the the Neopet's Premium membership has it's advantages, but at what point is it worth getting? For those who do have the memberships, how often/ seriously do you play Neopets? I had it when I was younger (when mom still paid the bills) but I'm positive that I did not put the membership to good use. That being said, do you depend on the SSW for prices? The improved random events? Or...?

I have premium and have had it for a while. SSW is very nice to have but not worth the money if you ask me. The extra random events are nice but only adds a few more NPs to your account. These events may be better for a player with less NPs. I'd not recommend premium unless you feel like you can spend those dollars :)

It depends on what you are interested in doing on the site. I think the REs are definitely worth having premium for, but I like playing non-flash games that refresh a lot on a daily basis. Right now I am on my third time through NeoQuest II - I was curious as to how much I would make through random events because of having premium. I'm currently in Chapter 3, but these were my earnings from Chapters 1 & 2:

Chapter 1 - 48,654 additional profit

Chapter 2 - 20,606 additional profit

Not to mention, the SSW is AMAZING! And having an extra pet slot is great too - especially if you plan on using TDNs avatar lending program - I keep my 5th slot empty for avatar lend pets :)

SSW makes it ten times easier to make profit through scouting the auctions

imo SSW makes it worth it alone

Like other said it really depends on what you like to do on the site. I'm a reseller/restocker so I depend on the SSW, especially since I tend to add 60+ items a time to my shop. I also like the extra RE's which as a restocker it happens a lot plus I really like the space faerie theme. But if you are on a tight budget and are unsure if its worth it try it out for a month and then invest in paying for the year or several months at a time as it does save money.

for me the SSW makes it all worth it.

If you are on the site a lot and do a lot of stuff, then premium is good to have. I have had incredible REs and I mostly keep premium for the SSW alone. It is sooo much more convenient and pricing things in my shop used to take a long, long time, but now, it can be done in a matter of minutes!

I think it'll be worth it if you can spare the $7 a month, but for the "virtual services" they provide, I don't think it's practical if you can't spare it. You're basically paying for small pieces of coding that maybe took one day to write :P SSW is convenient, the REs are good, but you have to weigh your options to see if you really want to pay $7 a month for some extra NP, shop pricing, and an extra pet slot.

If you play everyday and you can afford it, I would say it's definitely worth it. Restocking is a breeze with SSW (in addition to an easier time pricing in general), and the lack of ads that may or may not make your computer lag is really nice as well. I plan on getting it again when I find a more stable job, myself.

I'm planning on getting Premium when I'm ready to start being lent avatar pets so I can have the fifth pet slot. I'm not willing to move my other pets to my sides because I don't want to lose their fishing levels :P I'm pretty excited about the other perks too, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, sorry none of my replies have gone through on this thread! I decided to go ahead and try out premium for a month to see if it will pay off (: thanks!