Piercings!

neeker2

My best friend and I got our noses pierced together after we graduated. We both had always wanted them because we loved Kelly Clarkson's nose piercing as children, haha.

I had my earlobes done when I was in fourth or fifth grade, but I stopped wearing earrings my freshman year. I had worn them very rarely for a year, so when I finally tried putting earrings in again, they would get red and swollen. I had them done at Walmart, so I'm the winner of the worst-ear-piercing-place award. I think one of them isn't equal to the other. I think they messed up one of them the first time they tried it and had to do it again. So sometimes when I would try to put an earring in my right earlobe, I would try putting it in the reject-hole and get irritated that it wouldn't go through.

I'm thinking about getting my ears redone at a piercing place sometime when I move up north. Maybe a cartilage piercing someday; I really love ear chains.

My best friend and I got our noses pierced together after we graduated. We both had always wanted them because we loved Kelly Clarkson's nose piercing as children, haha.

I had my earlobes done when I was in fourth or fifth grade, but I stopped wearing earrings my freshman year. I had worn them very rarely for a year, so when I finally tried putting earrings in again, they would get red and swollen. I had them done at Walmart, so I'm the winner of the worst-ear-piercing-place award. I think one of them isn't equal to the other. I think they messed up one of them the first time they tried it and had to do it again. So sometimes when I would try to put an earring in my right earlobe, I would try putting it in the reject-hole and get irritated that it wouldn't go through.

I'm thinking about getting my ears redone at a piercing place sometime when I move up north. Maybe a cartilage piercing someday; I really love ear chains.

I got my ears pierced at Ardene's :rolleyes_anim: They're a teensy bit off because one earlobe is smaller than the other.

oh hey this is my leetest post

• 3 weeks later...

I love ear piercings and I think they're so pretty, but the idea of actually getting one myself terrifies me. Just the thought of actually having a real hole in your ear freaks me out a lot. Every now and then I psych myself up and look into getting my lobes done, but then I read all the stuff I have saved on my computer about how to get it done and clean it and everything and I get freaked out all over again. I hope to get at least my lobes and maybe my cartilage done some day though.

I used to have my nose pierced. I miss it so much!!! I can't have it at work, and really it just grows in too fast every time I accidentally knock it out. Going into Wal-Mart with a needle sticking out of your nose isn't the cutest thing lol.

I just have my tongue and earlobes pierced and have no plans for more. In the past though I've had three lip piercings, an upper ear piercing, my bellybutton done four times and nipple done twice in addition to the earlobe piercings and tongue piercing. The initial lip piercing healed well, then I got bored of it and the attempts to later re-pierce it rejected. The eyebrow piercing healed but later got torn out, which was for the best because in hindsight it looked terrible. The upper ear piercing refused to heal and was without a doubt the most painful piercing I've had. My bellybutton was done first at a beautician. It rejected. So again at a mall cosmetics shop. Rejected. Then I gave it a go. Rejected. Then a friend gave it a go. Rejected. I gave up. The nipple was a home job and healed well, but I removed it because an ex disapproved and it healed over in that time. The second attempt at piercing it was at a piercing shop and it was rejecting me so I rejected it. The earlobes were done in the long ago when I was a baby and the tongue was a tattoo shop job when I was 14 and remains my favorite today.

@kitkat There could be an alternate piercing performed that looks like an industrial because not everyone has the proper anatomy for the traditional look. I'll send you a photo of what I'm talking about when I dig one up and get on a laptop.

Right ear: conch, pinna, 3x lobe (2x 1.2mm, 1x 3mm)
Left ear: tragus, snug, 3x lobe (2x 1.2mm, 1x 4mm)

Right nostril, & my most recent is my septum. <3

I used to have my naval pierced but had it retired when it was giving me consistant trouble. My septum's only a couple of weeks old and healing nicely, but I have no idea what I'd get next.

@kitkat - Industrials should always be pierced as two seperate piercings, with a barbell in each. Not doing this will cause a great deal of stress during healing. I recommend using straight barbells in the piercings; some piercers will offer BCRs (ball closure rings or captive bead rings), and whilst this might speed up the healing process, there's more chance that the holes will shift in their alignment slightly so I don't recommend them.

Regardless of the method you use though, sometimes during the initial healing process the piercings can shift in their alignment slightly, however this is entirely natural so I hope this wasn't the case and your friend thought it had been done incorrectly. The key for industrials is to communicate with your piercer and return after the initial healing time to be fitted with a bar through both piercings, so my highest recommendation is to seek out a good piercer with a good reputation.

At the end of the day though, bars can be shaped to fit into a non-straight industrial, and whilst it might be more complicated to get ahold of jewellery for it, I think they can look lovely and quirky. <3 I'd hate to think that someone would spend so much money on piercings and then remove them when they don't align perfectly. At the very least, you can save one and get the other repierced at a later date (which can sometimes be a lot easier because both piercings won't be in the initial healing phase). I hope this helps!

I don't have any piercings. I have this unfounded worry that they'll catch on things. :O

Oh my goodness I'm so worried about that too! It's like, you hear one horror story and then you're just scared for life. The whole idea of having a literal hole in your body is so scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had snakebites, and both sides of my monroe done my septum my nose my ears.

Lol

I only have my nose pierced now, but a ton of scars.

Ah, I have seven sets of lobe piercings (I guess the upper ones count as cartilage?), a rook on my left ear, a tragus on my right ear, and a belly button piercing.
All in all those have had to be repierced... actually at this point too many times to count, I have sensitive ears.
High pain tolerance, I suppose. I desperately want more, I want to fill my ears with piercings to the top.

I plan on getting my ears pierced again when I'm not busy. I got my ears pierced two summers ago, but they closed up now.

I've got my earlobes pierced, 2x. My left tragus - which is seriously the WORST pain you will ever experience in a piercing - and my right nostril. I used to have my tongue pierced, but that ended badly for me.

I've been thinking about getting an anti-helix (or a triple anti-helix and do that cute thing girls do where they graduate the size of their studs and it flows with the natural contour of the ear), or an inner conch and stretching it to place an eyelet through, but I don't know...I'm gonna be 28 in a week and I need to...think about my piercings a bit more carefully. If anything, I want it to be sweet and feminine.

I do love body piercings, and I get a real rush from getting pierced. Some people are "addicted" to the feeling they get when they get inked, I get that same feeling from getting pierced. I know, I'm weird.

My left tragus - which is seriously the WORST pain you will ever experience in a piercing

Ahaha, you've obviously never had a snug! :L Tragus piercings are a delight in comparison.

My tragus was the most temperamental for healing time (it kept flaring up at me up until about 20 months after having it done), but my snug was the most uncomfortable. I don't think the initial piercing was that sore, but rolling over onto it by accident when I was sleeping was one of the most painful piercing-related things of my life. x_x

I totally know what you mean about them being addicted. My septum has almost fully healed now, and I'm itching for the rush of something new! I'm not sure what to get next though; the ears are running out of space! haha.

Right now I have lobes stretched to 3/4", septum and some.... other places LOL

But I've had both side of my nose, multiple ear, snakebites, dahlias several times, labret, tongue, had chest dermals (sadly those rejected, messed up my tattoo pretty badly), eyebrow multiple times

My body likes to reject everything :( I wanna get my medusa next!

Speaking of Tragus, mine was awful! The actual piercing didn't bother me but afterwards, it got bubbly and would drain this clear fluid sometimes. Needless to say, I took it out. It was way too problematic.

Ugh, mine didn't drain any fluid, but mine was definitely the worst for developing a bump right next to the piercing. It's gone now but I had it for months and months. x_x Definitely won't be getting my other one done, haha.

Mine had a bump for about a year after getting the piercing. Sometimes it would get very, VERY red and flake, and I would just baby it with tea tree oil.

Years later, it's nice and healed and couldn't be more of a perfect piercing. I love mine. I just won't get the second tragus done to match the first. Ever. :P

EDIT: And I meant to do a multi-quote but I messed it up! So chelperk, thatlauralass, this is directed to you for the sake of conversation!

Edited by officialsarahjay

Mine had a bump for about a year after getting the piercing. Sometimes it would get very, VERY red and flake, and I would just baby it with tea tree oil.

Years later, it's nice and healed and couldn't be more of a perfect piercing. I love mine. I just won't get the second tragus done to match the first. Ever. :P

EDIT: And I meant to do a multi-quote but I messed it up! So chelperk, thatlauralass, this is directed to you for the sake of conversation!

I've always been terrified of the tragus. I actually went my whole childhood and adolescence without an piercings at all. My ear's a bit pointy, but I guess you could call what I've got now a sort of low helix. I've never been interested in lobe piercings, not sure why.

Don't think I'll be getting any more. I positioned my helix so that it looks good by itself, but I can use it as a spring-board when I start making more elaborate pieces.

It's so weird to hear these tragus horror stories. My tragus was the most mild piercing I have gotten. It didn't hurt at all when I got it and unlike every other single piercing I have gotten, it has never given me any problems. My rook and first ear lobe piercings on the other hand...

I have my earlobes pierced twice (on both sides), the second holes are only a few months old actually. I plan on getting my tragus and helix done within the next few weeks or so... I'm rather excited!! :laughingsmiley:

• 9 months later...

Waaaaaah, I'm sad that I didn't keep up with this thread. I've since removed and had my tragus re-pierced...and it didn't work out yet again. So there goes that! I've been working at a body piercing shop for 2 weeks now. It's okayyyy, I guess.

I have snakebites.

I have the right side of my nose done. I had the left until two days ago when I accidentally tore it out on a towel and it was too swollen to get back in. It's grown over. :( I also have my ears pierced. 

I want 4 dermal. 2 on each collar bone. My left side of my nose redone. Both tragus. 2 cartilage in each ear. 
I also want an eyebrow piercing, and shark bites, meaning, two more lip piercings.