What is your first memory of neopets?

Snowbell

My first memory is creating my first neopet, an acara :) I played with her and got the secret lab ray for her, and trained her, and groomed her, etc. etc. I've only been serious about two pets since her (she's on my side account now). This was at least 12 years ago... good times!

I was 11 or 12 and I loved adoptables and cute animal gifs, you know? I'd save them all on a folder on my pc.

On one of those adoptables sites, there was a referral link to Neopets. BOOM! Love at first sight! Thus my Neo-Life began :D

Watching a friend play, and doing dailies on her account. It took me awhile before I created my own since I would just play on hers. haha

I can't even remember how many times this happened to me. I would make accounts to play with different friends (which I have no idea how I didn't get iced over, probs bc they both played from their computers too which were totally different IPs or whatevs) and my cousins and such.

I can't remember how I found Neopets, but once I signed up the activation emails would never get sent to my email (it was a crappy email set up through my ISP and ran through Outlook Express--gotta love 2004). So I created five accounts that never got activated under that email and they're all presumably gone now. I still loved Neopets even with my reduced functionality on it though. I liked looking at the drawing tutorials and drawing Chias. :)

I discovered Neopets after reading about it on a blog when I was 12 or 13. At that age I LOVED playing with virtual dolls and pets, so Neopets was perfect for me. I remember being impressed with how popular that blogger was and how many prizes she got just by referring people. So one of my first goals on the site was to get a paint brush through the referral system (needless to say, that never happened. lol).

My first pet was a badly named yellow Bruce, which I absolutely loved. I also remember adopting a well named white Grundo from the pound, and feeling very lucky to have found an LE pet (at that time I didn't know you could easily create Grundos). Good times...

My first memories (I'm surprised I can remember that far back haha!) were being disappointed that I couldn't have the name 'buffyfanno1' (I was 12/13 and thought I was the biggest fan of Buffy ever haha) and then being super excited when I got to adopt an adorable Mynci and buying things for him. He's now a Maraquan Korbat and I'd give anything to change his name haha.

My first memory of Neopets was my cousins helping me create my first account, which is the one I still use today. I also made my first pet, a blue Aisha named Mia_555. I still have her on this account and she's an Island Aisha now. I made a few others, all of them rather badly-named, but I do love them so.

I remember choosing amelia and mia because it was sometime after The Princess Diaries came out, and I really liked the film. It came out back in 2001, so I do feel a bit dusty and old when I see all the changes that Neopets has undergone. :P

My older sister introduced me to Neopets but I ended up getting more hooked than her. That was around 2003, I think. I believe my username was cherry_993. (I was really into Cardcaptor Sakura, so cherry blossom was the inspiration behind my first name.) I wasn't 13 yet at the time and I was pretty impatient so I made a new account, __randy__orton__. I would consider this my first real account. They don't exist anymore sadly (neither does my sister's account) which is a shame. I would've wanted to walk a trip down memory lane on those accounts.

• 5 months later...

I was in Maths class when my friend asked me if I ever played Neopets. The rest was history xD

I also get my brother and sister to play with me. Altho they don't really play anymore, which is sad.

My first pet was a gelert, but that was frozen along with my previous main. For my third account, I still have a gelert. I can't run away from it xD

I remember when my sister and I sneaked down at midnight to feed our pets, because we thought they can die. LOL

And since we only have 1 computer back then, each of us will take turns for an hour before repeating the cycle again

And My favorite was doing WC with Ultimate Bullseye, my brother was never good at it but at least he tried. When he got mad, he would throw the mouse and hit the keyboard. Haha, good times, good times.

I don't remember how I first got into Neopets. I was really in to Flash games online though, so it might have been an internet search or something. My first pet was a Quiggle. I remember being so upset that I couldn't make a Chomby that I emailed TNT about how unfair I thought that was (I didn't understand LE pets lol). That account got iced because I unwittingly exploited a game glitch. I was so mad about that that I stayed off Neopets for a few years. My sister got me back into it. She wanted referral points, but she didn't get them because I used the same email as my iced account lol. I most recently got back into Neopets because someone mentioned it on a forum for a different online game and I got nostalgic :rolleyes_anim:

Hmm let me think.....

Back in the day I owned a Usuki Usul girl, I got the paint brush off a random event, all of my friend jealous of me for having it.

But I was still pretty newb in the game, I can't get big trophys, I can't buy hallowen paint brushes while it was only 100k, I can't own SLM while some of my friends have it.

Now its like im a 3rd year university student have a part time job, I can buy box of TCG cards and I owns a big battledome set, yup.... time flys too fast.

i don't remember anything spectacular about the starting up process, but the most outstanding memory of my early neopets days would definitely be how much time i spent restocking. i would do other things on the site, but right when the restocks were scheduled to happen, it was my time to refresh and refresh and haggle like mad. lol.

This is a fun topic!! I got introduced to Neopets from one of my high school friends, when I was 11 or 12, I think. She was over at my house, and we were on the computer when she asked if I had a Neopets account. Obviously, I had no idea what she was talking about, so she showed me around the site and everything and I immediately got hooked. I made an account right then, and my first pet I created was a Kougra, I thought they were so adorable. I kept losing my accounts for whatever reason, and I really miss them. I don't remember the names of them or anything or the pets I had :( ... Almost exactly 10 years ago, I created the account I have now. I've been very careful not to do anything that would result in freezing or getting hacked or something like that. My ultimate goal from the time I started playing neopets, was to get as many neopoints as possible. I miss the old neopets, it changed so much and just isn't the same. But, I can't stop myself from playing everyday :)

My former friend introduced me to the site when I was 10. I remember choosing a Lupe as my first pet, because it was the most dog/wolf-like, and I really wanted a dog. I also remember that I knew nothing about the site. Didn't know much about avatars, plots... I just played with what I thought was fun. I used to play the Hannah games every day. I got really good at Hannah and the Ice Caves and got a gold trophy... Even if I could get the game to load now, I doubt I could get that high of a score again.

I lost interest around 13. I'd come back every now and then for nostalgia's sake, but I started playing in full-force again at 16, thanks to TDN. :) 2 years later and I'm still here.

It was about 10 years ago that I was first introduced to Neopets. I was at my friend's house and when she found out I had no idea what Neopets even was, she sat me down in front of the computer and made me an account right then and there. I can still remember that my very first pet was a blue Acara. I really wish I still had that account today. :(

I was 12 years old. I was looking for places on the internet to play games. Some how I found neopets. I remember going to it for the games, and not realizing that the entire website was a giant game. So i never clicked on any of the other links of the old banner style links. It took me a few days of obsession to realize the big picture. Then when I did i got in trouble for sneaking out of bed to play it from midnight - 6am.

2002, I was 11. Everyday during break and lunch at school I'd go to the computer lab to use the internet and play games. I don't remember how I found out about neopets, but after a while a lot of other kids started playing too! We did poogle races everyday and people even cheered out loud for their poogle. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I started neopets when they first started selling plushies at Limited Too, when I was about 9 years old. I bought an aisha plushie and redeemed a code to get a chia comb, which I still have in my SDB :3

I started playing when I was in 5th or 6th grade. I'm 23 now, so it's a bit fussy. Anyway, my first memory was trying to find food for my pets. I had just started playing, so I didn't know about dailies and I had very little np. I was so worried that my pets would die or something. lol After I became very comfortable with the game about a year later, I would convince my friends to join and I would do their shop layouts for them. (Don't get confused though, I don't know how to code. I just did a lot of copy and paste :laughingsmiley: )

Wow, how did I not see this earlier in the year?

Well, I remember actually playing for the first time at age 12, but it began when I was 7 or 8, and my cousin who I saw more often back then was totally obsessed with Neopets. So with her influence, I tried creating an account, but I was really new to using the internet at the time and didn't understand how accounts worked. My first pet was a blue Techo, whose name I do not remember. I only played around for a bit before leaving, and I never came back to it since. Don't remember the username, pet name, or email, and it's long purged by now.

I tried again n November 2003, at age 12, but I kept running into the same problem when I first tried it out a few years before: I could not seem to get my account activated. My dad made the account for me because I couldn't figure it out myself, and he kept using invalid emails so I never got my activation codes. We tried again with another account, no such luck. Finally, in February 2004, I got a true account for the first time, because my dad gave a real email address and I got it activated, so I could play for real. I had been so tired of not having a verified account, and no matter how much I tried, nothing happened.

So, the accounts that couldn't get activated were left to collect dust, and are now long purged, and I still use to this day the one I finally got since 2004, which is now going on 11 years. I am so proud.

When I started playing at age 12, my first pet was a red Aisha, with a very uncreative name. I created another red Aisha when my current account was made, who is Darigan now. I didn't talk with other people in my early years of playing Neopets (mainly because I wasn't allowed to), so I could't get much help and never got far in making NP or achieving many goals, until later on, such as when I was 14, and when I came back to Neopets in 2008. This is why I never got to paint my Aisha before customization, but even if I did, chances are I would have decided to convert her anyway (I'm horrible, I know XD). But she isn't too bad like this, really, and there is a lot more I can do with her converted.

It'd be nice to change the really uncreative, n00bish names I gave my Neopets as an early player (shuhune99520, _blossombabe_, ugh, yeah), especially since I have gotten a lot better with coming up with names these days (Azarale, Terraluna, Mermallie, Rapira). I'm definitely embarrassed by those old names, but oh well.