People Who Say They Don't Like Neopets...

I'm 23, been playing since I was 12, and I'm still in the Neocloset, per se, lol :D

I only talk about with one friend that used to play too. I don't think the others would understand the awesomeness of Neopets; they'd just see the "child-like" part of it... :mellow:

Im older than anyone who has posted here so far ... yes I really am THAT ancient lol

I started playing when my children were young to join in with them and found it such fun that I never really stopped. My daughters are now in their early 20s and they still have accounts but are not as active as I am, I think they find it a bit funny that I am still into it and to this degree and that is ok

My partner teases me mildly about it now and then but its only in fun and afterwards they make a point of saying they are glad I enjoy it so much.

Its not something I would share with everyone I know, I can see that some people wouldnt understand it at all.

There are always people who will try to put others down, you hear people making fun of other interests, here in the uk its train spotters or bird watchers that often get laughed at..what harm can it do .. makes them happy after all

I think it's funny that the OP said her(?) brother teases her about Neopets, but she found a Meerca toy in his drawer! BAHAHAHA!

=====

My oldest known account currently stands at eleven and a half years, according to the badge. (I have a 12.5, but it wasn't originally mine.) I'm 28, have a bachelors degree and I'm a certified pharmacy tech. (I'd be halfway to a masters if I didn't run up against MATH partway in.) So if anyone ever tells you that only "young" or "dumb" people play Neopets, tell 'em they're full of slime!

My dad knows I play, my biomom...I don't know. (She never seems to remember things two weeks after I tell her.) My adopted mother, absolutely. She's given me money for NC before and when she was up here last weekend, she gave me $25 via PayPal, which I immediately turned into a four-month premium membership! (I'd like more NC, but maybe after I get another job.)

Heck, even my housekeeper knows! I think she said her mother and her daughter have played? (I know her daughter is a little young to have an account, but I'm not sure she plays anymore, either.)

My mom makes fun of me ALL the time for playing neopets XD she's the one with a candy crush obsession though o.O my best friend actually still plays neo with me, and we've been playing since we were around 12 (I'm 21 now). With of course a long haitus throughout high school. I don't think it should be embarrassing to admit to playing neo. I mean no one's ashamed to talk about the other games they play that include killing and violence.