Free Petpet: Sparky!

hrtbrk

If anyone wants more context: http://shoomlah.tumblr.com/post/59559411584/

10fv0yc.png

So one of the reasons I’m all guns a-blazin’ today is because my pup of 12 years or so, the lovely Sparky, passed away this afternoon. Sucks, but we couldn’t have had a more amazing time! She was the best.

Sparky was the inspiration for the Spardel when I was working at Neopets, so it’s kinda neat to know she’ll live on through one of the stupidest looking petpets in existence.

Edit 2:
Snarkie responded: http://snarkie.tumblr.com/post/59567524250/

*giant hugs*

Sparky was rad. I remember the first time I met her. It was when she tried to lick my face off at the 2004 Neopets company picnic.

tumblr_inline_ms88b0C67u1qz4rgp.jpg
She didn’t. Lick my face off, I mean. Which was super nice of her.

"To live in hearts and virtual worlds we leave behind is not to die" - Thomas Campbell, sort of

It's sad, but a sweet gesture.

*Edited to add picture. *Edited again to add Snarkie's reply

D'aw! That's huge! Not only the Spardel, but making Sparky into an angelic petpet to live unto forever in the lives of Neopians everywhere!

Ooo...excuse me...I need to go tuck Sparky into my SDB and get some tissue! :(

This really is very nice of them. I hope that person will get a happy warm feeling every time she can see it as a petpet on someones pet. Mine will be forever in my gallery for everyone to see. TNT isn't as heartless as some say or think.

Tissue warning! http://www.neopets.com/art/gallery.phtml

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I completely missed this yesterday as there was no announcement in the news - until I saw the Art Gallery and the news here. Got my Sparky...and changed my avvie to the Spardel av. TNT sure will be impressed at all the people wandering around with the Spardel avvies, in memory of their inspiration, Sparky. I'm sure all the Art Gallery submissions touched their hearts, we're honoring and remembering her as much as TNT is. It was very sweet of them to immortalize Sparky in this way, and we're returning the gesture.

I missed it, so sad! :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

awww rest in peace cute happy pup

He was adorable and Im sure he had a great life being much loved

I have changed my avatar to spardel in memorial, how lovely that he lives on through his inspiration