Accessing a VERY old account with a deactivated email

Aynsley93

Hi there,

I used to have an account on Neopets that I haven't accessed in a very long time (5+ years!).

However, I cannot remember my password and the email that I synced with this account was also an old one that has since been deactivated by Hotmail due to a lack of inactivity and when I click 'Submit A Ticket' in the 'Contact Us' section it takes me straight to the login page. I got Mum to log me in using her account, but once I returned to the 'Contact Us/Help' page I got a message saying due to safety and security reasons, the ('contact us') page has been removed. I logged out of Mum's account and tried the 'Contact Us' page again and it worked, so for me it only seems to work when nobody is logged in, yet as soon as I click 'Submit A Ticket' it asks me to log in.

I can provide all the basic details including my name, username, the DOB I used, 3/4 of my Neopets (breed, gender and names), location, a couple of random items in the Safety Deposit Box, etc. I was just wondering if anybody knows of a way I can contact the Neopets team without the need to log in to an account (not that that seems to be working for me anyway!)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Wow dude, I have THE EXACT same problem as you.

How I solved: I changed language to spanish and I submitted a ticket in english :P I'm still waiting. But when I try to check my ticket status the page won't load so I guess I have to wait for an e-mail.
Try that and tell me if it worked. I hope you get your old acc back ^_^

If the emails deactivated by hotmail, Wait a month or so then they delete it fully (If it hasn't been already)
They tend to purge deactivated email addresses quite quickly actually.

Then you can just recreate an email account with the same address, and get your password emailed to it?

That's a very good question, but I doubt it, since the e-mail is no longer active but it remains in the database. Worth the try tho. My mail has been inactive for more than 4 years and still active :/

Edit: They just answered me, and after a small chat they said they can't do anything because the account has been incative for too long :/. So I have nothing to do here, I won't start all over again, I'll try to remember the password both mail and account and hope for the best.
I do hope you get your account back

If the emails deactivated by hotmail, Wait a month or so then they delete it fully (If it hasn't been already)

They tend to purge deactivated email addresses quite quickly actually.

Then you can just recreate an email account with the same address, and get your password emailed to it?

After the email is purged by hotmail you can defintely re-create it and receive emails normally. I've had this happen for accounts on other things. Works fine. (Just wanted to say that it does indeed work)

That's a very good question, but I doubt it, since the e-mail is no longer active but it remains in the database. Worth the try tho. My mail has been inactive for more than 4 years and still active :/

Edit: They just answered me, and after a small chat they said they can't do anything because the account has been incative for too long :/. So I have nothing to do here, I won't start all over again, I'll try to remember the password both mail and account and hope for the best.

I do hope you get your account back

Did they say it's been too long and it's purged? Won't matter if you remember your info if they deleted it all together.

Just don't give up and keep trying. It seems like the support teams gives different replies to the same request each time. One of my kid siblings had the same issue you did (no access to their old hotmail account, fake birthday) and e-mailed them with details. They said they had little information to go by despite all the specifics about inventory items and the date the account was crated.

In my case I still had access to my old e-mail but they said I couldn't get my account back because I couldn't remember the e-mail I used... even though I was e-mailing them from it and I know it was correct because when I requested my password it was sent there.

They just don't really care anymore.

• 7 years later...

I just tried getting into an old account through neopets and they said they couldn't help me because I was under 13 when I started the account....I played for like 3 years, it's really devistating and kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth tbh. It would be very easy for them to help, but they won't or claim they can't. I've loved Neopets for years because of the time I spent playing with my brother even when I wasn't active, but it looks like my old account is dust in the wind. That's 20 years of loving neopets just kinda tarnished now from my experience.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that have died a long time ago, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic