This Bracket System.... ISDGKSELNK

I need to rant here for a second? Why is Meridell not in first place? We have the 4th best record this year in the AC! We are just below all the cheaters or the All Stars! How are we not in first? How is Darigan Citadel in 1st even though they have a worse record than us? Also why is Kreludor in 2ND? They have a worse record than Darigan Citadel!! They should be in 3rd! Not 2nd! BUT NOOOOOO TNT has this stupid bracket system and makes this so unfair. I feel that TNT got lazy and just made this bracket system so they dont have to do as much work, since the DRR or SRR (Double/Single Round Robin) took "too much work." Last year, the brackets never moved at all and when the solemnly did, they were very irrelevant. But this year there moving every single hour, so it seems they are doing work. Also, Meridell deserves first, and not 3rd. end rant

Neopets Staff must be tired from running the Obelisk War. They also took their sweet time with getting the prize shop ready.

"tired" LOL i would think they would have a differnet staff work on different events...

^Thats sounds like im trying to be mean, but im not lol im just mad at TNT ^

I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions on rankings just yet. Teams have only played their own bracket, and it's only fair to see how other teams fare in subsequent ones where they (hopefully) get to play different teams.

The points are based on winning your own brackets, not being compared to other brackets. Being first in each bracket awards 13 points, second gets 9, etc. After perhaps the third round we'll get a bigger picture of how teams are actually situated. Why Meridell isn't ranked higher than Kreludor, I don't know. I plan on spending tonight combing through the numbers and get a better sense of what's going on.

Also, I don't appreciate that teams are being generalized as being only "all stars or cheaters" because they have many, many more players that are contributing their share just as much.

I need to rant here for a second? Why is Meridell not in first place? We have the 4th best record this year in the AC! We are just below all the cheaters or the All Stars! How are we not in first? How is Darigan Citadel in 1st even though they have a worse record than us? Also why is Kreludor in 2ND? They have a worse record than Darigan Citadel!! They should be in 3rd! Not 2nd! BUT NOOOOOO TNT has this stupid bracket system and makes this so unfair. I feel that TNT got lazy and just made this bracket system so they dont have to do as much work, since the DRR or SRR (Double/Single Round Robin) took "too much work." Last year, the brackets never moved at all and when the solemnly did, they were very irrelevant. But this year there moving every single hour, so it seems they are doing work. Also, Meridell deserves first, and not 3rd. end rant

Wait, why are you complaining about All-star groups if the only reason Meridell reached podium last year was because of the cheating team [Removed]. I understand why people in KI are mad, but come on. You had the support of them last year.

I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions on rankings just yet. Teams have only played their own bracket, and it's only fair to see how other teams fare in subsequent ones where they (hopefully) get to play different teams.

The points are based on winning your own brackets, not being compared to other brackets. Being first in each bracket awards 13 points, second gets 9, etc. After perhaps the third round we'll get a bigger picture of how teams are actually situated. Why Meridell isn't ranked higher than Kreludor, I don't know. I plan on spending tonight combing through the numbers and get a better sense of what's going on.

Also, I don't appreciate that teams are being generalized as being only "all stars or cheaters" because they have many, many more players that are contributing their share just as much.

After adding up all of the teams "scores" Meridell has 108, Kreludor has 102, and Darigan Citadel has 109. So Meridell should be in 2nd based on scores and should be in 1st in the standings, but oh well.

Wait, why are you complaining about All-star groups if the only reason Meridell reached podium last year was because of the cheating team [Removed]. I understand why people in KI are mad, but come on. You had the support of them last year.

oh.. but wasnt one of the All Star teams on Meridell last year? I didnt know Neo [Removed] was on Meridell last year... whoops Dx

After adding up all of the teams "scores" Meridell has 108, Kreludor has 102, and Darigan Citadel has 109. So Meridell should be in 2nd based on scores and should be in 1st in the standings, but oh well.

oh.. but wasnt one of the All Star teams on Meridell last year? I didnt know Neo [Removed] was on Meridell last year... whoops Dx

Last year STEALTH had KL and MI while SOTAC went for Kreludor. Without [Removed] meridell wouldnt be doing well this year. Many users switched because they thought [Removed] was staying.

Last year STEALTH had KL and MI while SOTAC went for Kreludor. Without [Removed] meridell wouldnt be doing well this year. Many users switched because they thought [Removed] was staying.

Well no because [Removed] is on Tyrannia now.. So basically Meridell just has good players? idk lol

Even if I knew Neo[Removed] was doing Altador as well I would not have joined them. It's just a boring team, boring place. I have no idea why I have my Neohome there. I can't change it!

I remember when i joined my first AC it was AC III and i joined Altador... what a dumb move... LOL

Maybe it has something to do with how much you win/lose by as well?

I understand your rant, and I hope TNT fixes this next year (which I highly doubt)

But since all the games are treated equal, Darigan at first place isn't a surprise since we had practically the same points when we battled you guys. But yeah, you guys definitely deserve a higher standing than 3rd :/

On to the second round brackets... WHY IS SK WITH ALL THE STRONG TEAMS?!?!?! Why is RI and AL still together?? And why are all the small teams in the same bracket??

I wanted to be in the bracket MD is in. :P We are always second to AL.

Man, TNT knows that ( no offence i thought a lot before saying this ) Krawk Island has the best chance of repeating, so they pin us against the toughest teams such as Tyrannia with [Removed], Darigan Citadel our rivals, and i guarantee they are going to pin us against Altador and Roo island. You must think 'that's normal we all have to face them thanks to the new bracket system!' but no they pin us against Tyrannia in our first round, but we couldn't face them, but they got 1st instead of us without even facing us, now we will either justify that by facing them or they are just gonna use Tyrannia as something to Keep Krawk Island from 1st, and i strongly believe this.

On to the second round brackets... WHY IS SK WITH ALL THE STRONG TEAMS?!?!?! Why is RI and AL still together?? And why are all the small teams in the same bracket??

I wanted to be in the bracket MD is in. :P We are always second to AL.

Man, TNT knows that ( no offence i thought a lot before saying this ) Krawk Island has the best chance of repeating, so they pin us against the toughest teams such as Tyrannia with [Removed], Darigan Citadel our rivals, and i guarantee they are going to pin us against Altador and Roo island. You must think 'that's normal we all have to face them thanks to the new bracket system!' but no they pin us against Tyrannia in our first round, but we couldn't face them, but they got 1st instead of us without even facing us, now we will either justify that by facing them or they are just gonna use Tyrannia as something to Keep Krawk Island from 1st, and i strongly believe this.

See now i find this totally unfair that Meridell and Kiko Lake are with all the small teams and this is going to be an easy bracket for Meridell/Kiko Lake :/ This is why the Bracket System is totally favored for some teams.

See now i find this totally unfair that Meridell and Kiko Lake are with all the small teams and this is going to be an easy bracket for Meridell/Kiko Lake :/ This is why the Bracket System is totally favored for some teams.

True, but don't under-estimate Kiko Lake and Brightvale. Brightvale might have gotten 4th in the Min bracket, but they fought for 3rd, and 2nd but in the end failed. It's the easiest bracket but be careful, okay.

Agreed, I don't think it's fair either for Shenkuu and Virtupets. I should put all six top teams on the same bracket, and the rest mixed. Meridell has all the "easiest" teams...

Agreed, I don't think it's fair either for Shenkuu and Virtupets. I should put all six top teams on the same bracket, and the rest mixed. Meridell has all the "easiest" teams...

Yup. Or base the brackets based on the last rounds' performances... like how they based the first round performances off last year's final standings.

1.) You have a point it really isn't fair

2.) I don't know, TNT is dumb, but it allows for the awesome match they didn't do against each other to happen.

3.) Well i can't say i know, but Brightvale fought for 2nd with Krawk Island and Maraqua and eventually failed in the long run, they aren't that bad and they are clearly under-estimated. Kiko Lake proved that they are serious by placing first in the Alabriss bracket until they started to slow down. Clearly Haunted Woods are serious because late in the Minitheus bracket they got stronger, and today they nearly swept Meridell, so they are not mere 'small teams' they are 'inconsistent' with Powerhouse capabilities.

I'm confused by yesterday's results. There's only been one match in Round 2 so far. HW nearly swept Meridell. However, in looking at the scores, Meridell is still ranked above them. It makes sense in the overall table, sure. And I could see if the bracket table were arranged by overall rather than this round. But looking at the actually points, HW is indeed only getting the points for second place while Meridell is getting the points for first place. Shouldn't your points for each round be based on your actual performance in that round, and not factoring in how you did in other rounds? I know your overall place should reflect it all, but if you have a good round, you shouldn't get penalized for previous rounds within that round's score. Otherwise we might as well not have any more matches and just decide the Cup already.

This bracket system is so broken, it's not even funny. Good luck, HW. Don't lose heart. If you keep beating everyone else in your bracket, you'll pass Meridell. (Meridell, I'm not rooting against you -- it's just that you lost the match, and it's not reflecting in the scores, which isn't really fair. Not your fault.)

1.) You have a point it really isn't fair

2.) I don't know, TNT is dumb, but it allows for the awesome match they didn't do against each other to happen.

3.) Well i can't say i know, but Brightvale fought for 2nd with Krawk Island and Maraqua and eventually failed in the long run, they aren't that bad and they are clearly under-estimated. Kiko Lake proved that they are serious by placing first in the Alabriss bracket until they started to slow down. Clearly Haunted Woods are serious because late in the Minitheus bracket they got stronger, and today they nearly swept Meridell, so they are not mere 'small teams' they are 'inconsistent' with Powerhouse capabilities.

Well said.

I'm confused by yesterday's results. There's only been one match in Round 2 so far. HW nearly swept Meridell. However, in looking at the scores, Meridell is still ranked above them. It makes sense in the overall table, sure. And I could see if the bracket table were arranged by overall rather than this round. But looking at the actually points, HW is indeed only getting the points for second place while Meridell is getting the points for first place. Shouldn't your points for each round be based on your actual performance in that round, and not factoring in how you did in other rounds? I know your overall place should reflect it all, but if you have a good round, you shouldn't get penalized for previous rounds within that round's score. Otherwise we might as well not have any more matches and just decide the Cup already.

This bracket system is so broken, it's not even funny. Good luck, HW. Don't lose heart. If you keep beating everyone else in your bracket, you'll pass Meridell. (Meridell, I'm not rooting against you -- it's just that you lost the match, and it's not reflecting in the scores, which isn't really fair. Not your fault.)

Agreed. And come to think of it... if it really was based solely on yesterday's results... shouldn't Brightvale be at #1/#2? Since they swept Faerieland and no other team in their bracket swept. I'm confused.... ._.

I know, right? I find this to be completely unfair. Each brackets should at least be balanced, and I have to say that I feel very sorry for Virtupets too...

Don't worry i completely understand! i know that your not rooting against us! But you said it, this bracket system is broken.

I know it is broken when Roo Island is not on the top the teams. Look their results, overall they have lost only one MSN game, when DC has lost three games of YYB + some SlSl and SOSD, they are in our bracket, but placing third. Why on earth are they on the top three??? Even Krawk Island have a better win ration than theirs