Oops...

bluewisp16

Because of school I just recently started neoepts again and decided to enter the caption contest for fun, and I got in! Unfortunately there's some stiff competition this week and I'm struggling to get in to top 15, so I made a Quest board and said, "Just post the item below! While you wait, mind voting below?" and below I had a link to the CC. I got an official warning from the neopets team, they deleted my board, and all my posts. I definitely did not realize that was against the rules. They said I was trading searching for quest items for votes, but I never stated it was a requirement. In fact, the majority of the people didn't even bother voting which was fine. Okay, sorry, that was just my venting. Have a good day!

I'm usually not bothered by TNT's rules, but that's kind of stiff. Sorry it happened to you. At least you know now. I remember I was at a group event irl wearing a sign that said "free hugs" and was stopped by security for "advertising". I was wearing a mascot costume, so of course I'm gonna give hugs to the kids and kids at heart.

I do believe TNT is way too quick to accuse sometimes, and other times they are not quick enough. Just stinks that it happens to the wrong people, sorry to hear it happened to you and good luck in the contest!

I'm sorry about that. It seems like a silly thing to warn you over, especially compared to what some people get away with.

Anit0523, advertising! lol totally ridiculous.The security guard must have been weirdly insecure or just trying to impress his boss/girlfriend.

Thanks for the support guys! I was shocked when I got that warning. And that is absolutely ridiculous anit0523. It just occurred to me that tdners are extremely friendly, and this probably an awesome place to make a board. I can't believe how competitive the CC is this week!

Uh oh. I'm going to be a dark cloud here...

But I thought it was well known that you cannot offer anything for votes (items, drawings, links etc) and that you cannot go to a random board and request votes because it will be seen as spam.

A different situation would have been you putting the Caption Contest request in your signature and said absolutely nothing about it while helping people with faerie quest links.

This isn't new so I'm not sure why people are upset at TNT for this. Without this there would be a zillion caption contest/beauty contest/whatever contest posts begging for votes all over the boards.

Best of luck to you in the CC :)

Uh oh. I'm going to be a dark cloud here...

But I thought it was well known that you cannot offer anything for votes (items, drawings, links etc) and that you cannot go to a random board and request votes because it will be seen as spam.

A different situation would have been you putting the Caption Contest request in your signature and said absolutely nothing about it while helping people with faerie quest links.

This isn't new so I'm not sure why people are upset at TNT for this. Without this there would be a zillion caption contest/beauty contest/whatever contest posts begging for votes all over the boards.

Best of luck to you in the CC :)

No worries! I'm here to hear others opinions, and maybe to rant a little too. I knew the rule against saying "If you vote for me, I'll do this for you," but I figured if it wasn't a requirement, then it was fine. Now I know! Thanks for the suggestion for future boards, I'll just do that and not make a mention of the CC. Hopefully people can take a hint ;)

I don't really blame the security guard all that much. I think he was trying to cover himself mostly. He approached me with a "I know this is really stupid, but it's the rule" attitude. I think TNT is that way, too, sometimes. They'll go for anything that can even kind of look like it's against the rules so they don't have to deal with any "Well user X did this and you didn't freeze THEM so it must be okay" business. In this case I definitely see the thought process. "This user is baiting people into the chat for votes using item help." Even if that wasn't your intention, it can easily look that way.

I agree that it does happen to the wrong people pretty often, though. Shouldn't they be dealing with actual rule breakers as quickly as these types of offenses? I've seen people in the PC who clearly scammed people and got away with it for weeks before being frozen. And doesn't the BC have stolen art in it from time to time?