Obelisk Battling Begins Again!

Post-war skirmishes have begun! Head on over to the Battleground of the Obelisk to join a new faction (if you haven't already) and start battling the Obelisk War opponents again.

battleground_2013.jpg

Which faction will go home with the glory?

If you're having trouble with some of the opponents, check out the Battlepedia's War Challengers Guide for recommended stats and weapon suggestions.

Bad news: - no healing this time :(

Good news: the hundreds of Essence of Everlasting Apples I hoarded now have some purpose :D

I wish TNT would give us some idea what the point of all this though. As the enemies don't get any tougher, there's really no limit to how many you could beat, but I'm not sure I have the time or the inclination!

Bad news: - no healing this time :(

Good news: the hundreds of Essence of Everlasting Apples I hoarded now have some purpose :D

I wish TNT would give us some idea what the point of all this though. As the enemies don't get any tougher, there's really no limit to how many you could beat, but I'm not sure I have the time or the inclination!

Do you mean the HPs don't automatically heal once you win a battle?? That's terrible! :(

I'm in the Order, and I've hardly battled. So the Thieves and Seekers can slack, too, if they want. ;)

Actually, I really have barely battled. I'm setting a timer: 15min. battling, 15min. studying. We'll see how many I get done before I get tired.

I'm in the Order, and I've hardly battled. So the Thieves and Seekers can slack, too, if they want. ;)

Actually, I really have barely battled. I'm setting a timer: 15min. battling, 15min. studying. We'll see how many I get done before I get tired.

lol interesting. i want to battle a lot and get a lot of points, but it's so boring. it's like click click clicking the same thing over and over again.

Ah, well if you're STUDYING, that's different, school and RL stuff comes first. LOL

nomnomnom, since you're curious....

Wins so far...

Assistant Scientist 50

Smug Philosopher 50

Petty Pilferer 50

Roadside Bandit 50

Midnight Smuggler 50

So far. ;)

If I weren't on the phone I'd be battling right now. ;) More battles to come soon though! :D

Kanrik and Prof Lambert will get their beatdown soon. ;)

Anyone else had any battles not count? One of my wins against Kanrik wasn't counted. That jerk used lens flare 3 times in a row, too! I like having Shhh, but it only cancels one lens flare.

50 each? Wow! My goal was 15 each per day (which would give me just over 100 each by the end). Maybe I'll try for 25 per day...

ETA: And now Rejuvenate glitched, or... *checks guide* Never mind, it doesn't heal when the opponent is frozen. Should have used BoHD + Sear instead, but I wanted the full heal. *sigh*

I've had a battle not count, but it was a loss so I'm not too worried about it :)

I don't like not knowing how many battles I should try for but I was thinking 15 per day for each opponent would be good. I can't beat Professor Lambert/Rasala the Bright yet either :(

Ah, well if you're STUDYING, that's different, school and RL stuff comes first. LOL

nomnomnom, since you're curious....

Wins so far...

Assistant Scientist 50

Smug Philosopher 50

Petty Pilferer 50

Roadside Bandit 50

Midnight Smuggler 50

So far. ;)

If I weren't on the phone I'd be battling right now. ;) More battles to come soon though! :D

Kanrik and Prof Lambert will get their beatdown soon. ;)

whoaa 50 each that's crazypants :o my battles vary right now. i've battled kanrik and rasala once on mighty, and lost both times :( then i beat rasala on medium, and lost to kanrik. garrr i can only win against them consistently on easy :(

Yeah Sinri, I thought I had a couple wins that didn't count. I KNOW I did in the war. My numbers were ALL evened out, and then suddenly all the wins that weren't counted got put back into my WIN columns and I got credit for those that had disappeared previously.

I'm not sure if the same thing is happening in this skirmish, but if that glitch is still in there, TNT will probably catch and fix it "again".

nomnomnom You think that's crazypants? Muwahahahaha! As the original Order of the Red Erisim members who checked into the thread here on TDN forums could attest, During the war I had over 9000 victories. (Out of slightly over 9400 battles) You can check the older posts in that thread, Or my war stats on the neopets site. Here is an updated list on my battles. Copied from my guild forum.

JUST got my first lost. Kanrik got me. BARELY! Stupid multi-using Tempest. Oh well, I got HIM 22 times BEFORE he got me. LOL

Victory stats are as follows...

Assistant Scientist 50
Smug Philosopher 50
Petty Pilferer 50
Roadside Bandit 50
Midnight Smuggler 50
Stalwart Explorer 50
Shady Prowler 50
Genius Inventor 50
Kanrik, Master Thief 22 (1 loss)

I trained all during the war and I am training even now during this skirmish, I am about 2 boosts stronger than I was when the faction leaders were released. Working on getting the next boost for STR and Def, If I get lucky, I should reach it in another day or so.

Speaking of which, should be about time to start another training course. One thing about the training, it's a real drain on the NP! Especially when I'm battling and not gaming. :-\ Oh well, I hope the boon is worth it!

Good luck with your battling everyone. :D

Quoth Professor Lambert with a little pout and his chin jutting out:

You mean to partake in fisticuffs with me? How contemptible.

Sorry! I fit in better with the Order, but we've got the same goal, really. I promise!

I think the most annoying parts about it are not having any idea of what each battle counts for or how many we should aim to win, and not coming out of a battle with full HP, that's been driving me nuts.

Can't get myself motivated to do any serious battling. It is tedious, still glitchy occasionally where weapons or healing seem to not do anything even though there is no mention of the opponents using any abilities ...

Guess I will keep it up to get the items everyday but probably not much beyond that.

The boons aren't that great that they motivate me to really put an effort in.

haven't done much battling at all... especially with the no auto heal. the majority of my battles are actually with roadside bandit... just so i can heal myself after one battle with kanrik or something. i'm too cheap to buy potions lol.

haven't done much battling at all... especially with the no auto heal. the majority of my battles are actually with roadside bandit... just so i can heal myself after one battle with kanrik or something. i'm too cheap to buy potions lol.

LOL I thought of that too, it was sure nice of TNT to give us easier challengers and leave the main BD challengers in for us to do that with. LOL

I agree, after all the battling we did during the actual War, it would've been nice to have at least a slighty longer break from the constant battling. I wonder how often we'll have these post-war boon-skirmishes? Some games have similar battle events weekly or so for guilds to test their mettle and rank up for a certain set of perks. So i'm still wondering if that's what this is, as well as a way to keep the BD relavent while they maybe try to attempt a new Defenders of Neopia set of quests, or just so the NEW BD doesn't get as boring as the old one got. (My old BD record had a TOTAL of 2343 battles, not won or loss, just total including both) The new BD. My battle total is 12,280. Even if you take away the 9400+ total battles from the war, that's still more battles (slightly) in the NEW BD compared to the old one. LOL

Well, whatever TNT has planned for us in regards to the boons and the skirmishes for them, I hope it's not a weekly thing. My poor wrist feels a bit loose after a mess of battles. :-\

And at least with the regular BD opponents available, we can battle for prizes in other arenas, thank goodness! I was not impressed with Tyrannia prizes during the war.

I've got some stuff to do before I start battling. But then, it'll be back to the grind.

Good luck with your battles everyone!

Well not enough motivation for this. Like someone said before, the BD is still buggy. I don't think it's fair for the opponent to use 5-6 lens flare in a row until I died. I'm done with this today.

And at least with the regular BD opponents available, we can battle for prizes in other arenas, thank goodness! I was not impressed with Tyrannia prizes during the war.

Totally agree, the Tyrannia prices aren't great and those that are frequently dropped are almost worthless so not much incentive to go for them at all.

Will go back to the dome of the deep while I can get prizes and then worry about a few more fights in the skirmish later.

This just isn't a very exciting feature. All we know about the battle is that the faction that wins will get access to boons. But there's nothing to keep you motivated: We don't have a cap to reach, updates on how the factions are stacking up against each other, or any sort of ranking system (like the AC) to push us, nor is there even an HP increase to create a sort of artificial "play until you can't win" endpoint. The occasional lag and glitchiness, as well as the lack of a power bar that allows the challengers to use powerful faerie abilities over and over, elevates the actual game play from "repetitive" to "frustrating." If TNT plans to keep this as a permanent feature, they might want to consider adding a progress bar to let us know if we've played enough, and possibly some sort of prize just for completing it that we receive whether the faction wins or not. (There also needs to be improvements to the BD, but those need to happen whether this continues or not.)