what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

The Neoquests first and closely followed by the flash game avatars. Dailies that I do have or dont have avatars for don't frustrate me. Except how much I've spent on that @%^!* Bonn Appetite Avatar that I still don't have.

Being gone and missing an avie...missing it by ONE @#$& DAY

I'm really upset by this. I know, I'm dumb...but really? To be on every day...during a holiday weekend when everyone usually travels?!? C'mon, Neopets!!

:sad02: :grrr:

Okay, I'm done. Thanks

This is probably very minuscule and possibly funny to most but...

I go to the Money Tree daily to collect my 10 items (sometimes you would be surprised how generous people are and what they donate)

and it seriously IRKS me when people donate stupid Fishing items like old rotten boots, sandals, shoes, ferns, rotting driftwood, rusty cans...

half the time, the Money Tree is full of them and they just keep coming. I mean, why donate the item when you know you wouldn't pick it up?

Why not just discard it?

Like I said, this is so stupid xD but just wanted to throw it out there..

My pet peeve which is still going on right now... got my Packrat avatar at last, and I'm not gonna try for the rubbish one yet, nor am I donating it all, so I'm putting my stuff on the Trading Post. And I had nearly 2k items non-unique by that point... and when most of it is stuff from dailies (Shiny Obsidian, random fishing stuff, etc. etc. - why I'm not donating, to save the tree from clogging as it can do that without my help!), forget HTS - they are completely ITS (impossible to sell).

I have to add this: Random stealing events.

Wanted to take down my chia pop and lower the pricing on TP.

Once the page loads after I cancelled my lot...

Omg! that's so annoying! I'm lucky that's never happened to me before but I've heard horror stories about it.

The most frustrating part of neopets would have to be the games glitching out and ending. I haven't been able to get the "feed florg" avatar because of that :(

The fact that you can't change your username. I think most people probably joined when they were quite young so who's gonna want the same name ten years on? Even if you could only change it once or you had to mail them to change it or something, as long as it was an option!

Mine's all misspelled and something I don't even care about!

• 2 weeks later...

The games that don't work. I get cravings to play a certain game, but I assume because my computer is so new and the games are so old, a lot of the shockwave games just won't run.

Also the submit a ticket doesn't even work for me. On Chrome it doesn't load and on IE and Firefox it just says the page has timed out or something of the sorts.

All the junk items I've got from NC cards. Or when I've played the NC games because there's 1 item I really want and I end up with a load of rubbish. I'm spending real money here, why on earth can't I just pay the exact same amount of NC but actually get the item I want, rather than have to waste a load and never get what I what?

The only thing that is actually decent was the crafting faerie quests during the faerie event. Because then at least I knew what item I would get for the quest (and I did get the two items that I wanted).

I know it's all a con just to try to get us to buy more NC but it's not going to work on me anymore. I'm completely fed up with it. I've spent so much money for a load of junk and it's just wrong. So I will not buy anymore NC because it's just one big massive scam.

As for frustrating REs. The one that changes your pet to baby. It's only happened to me once but I'm still angry about it. I don't have masses of NPs. I've never had hours to waste on neopets. The internet connection here is shocking so add that to limited time means that re-stocking has never been an option for me. I have DCD so most of the games are not an option.

So I very slowly (it took me years as I was on-and-off neo for months/years at a time), playing the few games I could actually somewhat play (usually getting under 1k np in total from the 3 plays per game) saved up enough to paint my Kougra tyrannian. He was seriously awesome. Then a few months after that, he got the RE that turned him baby. I was so angry. I didn't even know such a thing existed otherwise I would have kept my lupe as my active (because I wanted a baby lupe!). I didn't really understand about customisation as it happened when I'd been off neo for over a year. When I came back I clicked convert on him because it was telling me that I wouldn't be able to do xyz with him, if I didn't (like I said, I didn't really understand). Then I saw his new look and I was horrified. It was awful. So I ended up painting him biscuit because it was cheap and better looking.

Imagine my frustration when I found out about UC pets. I'd had one. I'd had one! OK, I didn't like him but I had one! I could have traded him (I went onto the PC once in my younger days and everybody wanted snazzy, coded pet-pages detailing why you wanted to adopt their pet and I ran screaming for the hills. Didn't start looking into it until I found out about UCs). I pounded him in the end because I got annoyed every time I saw him because of his history.

So yeah, that's my baby RE story and it still makes me angry.

But my biggest frustration now is no more habbi! :sad02: I have no real way of making nps anymore apart from my stocks. :(

The Neoquests first and closely followed by the flash game avatars. Dailies that I do have or dont have avatars for don't frustrate me. Except how much I've spent on that @%^!* Bonn Appetite Avatar that I still don't have.

OMG I got Bonn Appetite and Lever of Doom! Finally, wow 1 month seems such a long time ago

For me, it is very frustrating during the games master challenge, when I can't get enough points to get through the games for that day, but then I come to the boards and look at the posts and everyone is saying, "these games are too easy. Why are they picking these games? They need to pick harder games." I feel there is something wrong with me when everyone else can get through them so easily, yet I can't even get the required score. The one that gave me the hardest time last year was snowmuncher. I finally got through it, but everyone was (kindly) giving me tips and encouraging me, yet I really wanted to cry. REALLY!!! And the main reason was because EVERYONE was talking about how EASY it was, yet I had no CLUE how to get the score I needed. Once I finally got it, I NEVER went near that game again. lol. Hopefully it won't be one of the games again. lol

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that you can't change your username. I think most people probably joined when they were quite young so who's gonna want the same name ten years on? Even if you could only change it once or you had to mail them to change it or something, as long as it was an option!

Agreed! I'd love o change my user name, like you said, even if just once! This was my first online game and had no idea what I was doing...

Lol, I've had this same username for everything my entire internet life. Anything that requires a userame, its andrea140. I would forget it otherwise! Which is why my main account is sitting in limbo: used a different email for it that I stopped checking 10 years ago. Oops.

I hate it when you wanna quickly buy something but you have to scroll down the online equivalent of War and Peace just to get to it cause of the mass of images and nonsense. I don't care, I just want my codestone! 

Also I hate the junk from dailies. I don't know if it's possible for them to change the prizes but the same thing day in and day out gets boring. Not even expensive things but something new.

Aaaaand finally for me it's the impossible game avatars. I'm awful at games and no matter how many guides I read and videos I watch I am never getting those.

I think that'll be all.

I've grown increasingly frustrated with the economy. Everything is decreasing in value and it's making the game unfun. I'm not saying I want things to be super expensive, but I miss the days when you'd work so hard to save for that ever so rare paintbrush or rare item and you'd be so proud once it sat in your inventory. Nowadays it seems like people are just giving their stuff away because no one is willing to buy, especially with the lack of players on the site.

I was able to buy an anagram sword for 5 mil! And while I'm glad it was cheap it just doesn't feel like I accomplished much since the user practically jumped at the offer because it was any offer. I feel like it just diminished the sword itself. I wanted it because it was rare, powerful, and sought after. And it just doesn't feel like any of those things anymore. 

I remember getting a random event for a Plushie Paint Brush and I was so excited cause I ended up making 10m off it but now it's worth about a quarter of that and that happened in the space of a few years.

Is it with less people online and buying so people are bringing their prices down?