Ideas for ACVII (2013)

Desertfreak

Well i was thinking of some ideas to put in ACVIII and here are a couple

A NEW BRACKET SYSTEM!!!

Why: lets face it, the bracket system from ACVII was a mess so i was thinking of a 23 or 23+ day tournament where you face off everyone once and the get ranked for four bonus matches on your YYB, MSN,SS and SOSD. To get points you must win. Wins for YYB are worth 3 points and for the side games 1 point. Then the brackets are formed based on the team with the highest points. 1&2 3&4 5&6 7&8 9&10 11&12 13&14 15&16 17&18 is the bracket set up and the teams face opponent for two days. Finally the team the the highest scores from the final bracket only, wins.

I will try to post more but for now thanks for reading :)

ld.jpg

DESERTFREAK10

I came up with an idea, how about we do this, We face very team once, then we go to the finals, but the finals are different durin the season your team will see there rankings everyday and they are updated each day also, but by the time you face every team once we will go to the finals which are.... wait let me go back a bit with an example, if your team ends the season like this:

1.KRAWK ISLAND- 35 points
2. Roo Island- 32 points
3. Haunted Woods- 30 points
4. Shenkuu- 28 points
5. Terror Mountain-26 points
6. Kreludor- 24 points
7. Virtupets- 22 points
8. Kiko Lake- 20 points
9. Altador- 18 points
10. Moltara- 16 points
11. Meridell- 14 points
12. Maraqua- 12 points
13. Faierland- 10 points
14. Darigan Citadel- 8 points
15. Mystery Island- 6 points
16. Brightvale-4 points
17. Lost Desert- 2 points
18. Tyrannia-0 points

All of those are at random but my points is that look at the points i put beside it, first gets 35 and the 2nd is 3 points less than 1st and the rest are minus 2. Remeber that this is the points you recieve from what you get before you get to finals, and during the finals ou face the top 9th vs top 9th and bottom 9th vs bottom 9th. Since you have startin points when you face the too 9th the ones on top have an advantage, and when you face anteam say you face kiko lake and you are virtupets, then you face them twice once one day, and once the previous day you earn points like this:

Win in YYB: 9 points
Draw in YYB: 6 points
Loss in YYB: 1 point

Win in SS: 3 points
Draw in SS: 2 points
Loss in SS: 1 point

Win in MSN: 3 points
Draw in MSN: 2 points
Loss in MSN: 1 point

Win in SOSD: 3 points
Draw in SOSD: 2 points
Loss in SOSD: 1 point

NOTE: If a team that is battleing in bottom 9th finals and they have more points by the end of the tournament then a team in the top 9 then they at the end will be ranked higher than the team fightin for top 9th. And the ranks that i put was just an example not a prediction go Krawk Island.

I already recommended this to TNT but they didnt reply i think it works what do you guys think???

BTW:

Last years bracket sucked..... but i don't think that they are going to keep it, it's just to seacrative. (But if it was DRR KI would probably have gotten even worst cuz they only had lyke 14 YYB wins, but i quit after the first encounter VS the Evil Darigan Citadel)

thanks, sorry it is confusing

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never participated in any of the Altador Cups sadly, I always dropped Neopets to keep up my studies..Would I need to have anything special? Like a super high ranked pet? or is this more for anyone to participate?

I've never participated in any of the Altador Cups sadly, I always dropped Neopets to keep up my studies..Would I need to have anything special? Like a super high ranked pet? or is this more for anyone to participate?

no, you can join any team at anytime but you can't change once you have selected.

No its no requirements. Since I started AC, they've been giving out free NC if you participate in the Cup. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Or Neovia if they wanna keep Jelly World as the practice squad.

That would give us 20 teams.

Have a round robin, a break day, then 5 groups of 4 teams, with each team's bracket decided by their performance in the RR. Then in each bracket have it be 1vs4 and 2vs3, then winners face off.

Its essentially the same system they used before but with 2 new teams, and an extra bracket.

Add a new world?

No problem! Just add a 5th slot at the end of the 5th bracket, and 3 worst teams just play the practice team for the playoffs, and whoever had the most points overall gets the better final position.

Or, if each playoff round is 2 days, then thats enough for each of the last three teams to play eachother twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Next year, we should just go back to the usual system from AC II throughV.

That new system was messed up and was not fair (i.e. Roo Island and Tyrannia.)

Next year, we should just go back to the usual system from AC II throughV.

That new system was messed up and was not fair (i.e. Roo Island and Tyrannia.)

They had tough brackets and played well but didn't score as high as they should've.

Tyrannia and Roo Island Got Robbed from the Bracket System Last year

I agree with all of these 100%

Although, doing a type of AC like AC I would be kinda cool too.

Just not as short as it was. A little more drawn out and more fair. About points instead of members.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I just want a system that is comprehensible. Last year made absolutely no sense. I was on HW last year and we only won a single match in YYB, yet we ended in 9th place. We would be ranked higher than teams like Roo Island in our brackets, who constantly destroyed us every time we were up against them, and it really made no sense.

So as long as this year makes sense, I think it will be good.

ROO ISLAND REPRESENT! Let's go win it for 2013! :party:

Oh, and when is the next Altador Cup??? Is there a certain month it starts or what? :whaa:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Honestly, I just want a system that is comprehensible. Last year made absolutely no sense. I was on HW last year and we only won a single match in YYB, yet we ended in 9th place. We would be ranked higher than teams like Roo Island in our brackets, who constantly destroyed us every time we were up against them, and it really made no sense.

i agreed 100%, also i want it where we can face all teams :)

• 1 month later...

ROO ISLAND REPRESENT! Let's go win it for 2013! :party:

Oh, and when is the next Altador Cup??? Is there a certain month it starts or what? :whaa:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

I read at the Neopia News in April 27-28 that the Sign-Ups will start in March 24, 2013... i Live in Florida so that day didn't pass yet.

So, do you want DRR back? Or some other format?

I don't think that they will bring DRR back for ACVIII

(I'm trying to Persuade you to join Krawk Island :laughingsmiley: , so will you? If not then What team do you plan to join?

Go for KI, you won't regret it, cuz your really good, and we need peoplez. :shiftyeyes_anim: )

But again i Don't think they will bring DRR to ACVIII, but i hope they do... for everyone's sake. :pope:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.