Restocking

bluewisp16

I've been looking at a lot of restocking guides lately as I'm trying to learn how to do it, and came across one that suggested using adblock plus. This is where you create a filter that blocks out all of the images in a shop that won't give you a profit. Is it okay to do that? Will I get frozen if I try?

It doesn't exactly "block all images that won't give you a profit," it merely hides/blocks the scripts that show ads on pages. As this isn't actively doing anything for you (basically performing any action on Neopets like refreshing the page, clicking the items for you, haggling for you, etc), it is perfectly fine to use.

Depending on your browser, we even have some guides here to best utilize adblock on Neopets. We have guides to block ads in Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari! The best thing is, you don't just have to block ads on Neopets, you can block them across multiple pages, which can greatly increase browsing speed, depending on your computer specs :)

Yes you will get frozen for it, TNT have said in neopian times a couple of times it's a big no no and others have (rightfully) been frozen for it.

You're giving yourself an advantage, how can you think it's alright and not against rules?

Edit - and Emily you've misread the OP. You're right in that that's what an adblocker does, but you can also chose what images (any) you want to block. So she's talking about blocking all the cheap items and leaving the expensive ones.

Yes. Dynohawk is right. Whatever the OP was talking about would be considered cheating.

Ohhh I suppose I did. I thought she was just talking about blocking the ads. Yes, blocking actual items is a no-no, but blocking ads is fine.