Neopets Account Help

Emily

I have a question about accidentally earning neopoints on what is now a side account.

I recently got my 10+ year old account unfrozen, but before that I had made a new account and was using it like a main account. I did not think I would get my old account unfrozen.

A few days BEFORE my old account was unfrozen, I sent in a high score for a game using my new account. This was before I ever knew I would be getting my old account back. I got the neomail that the score had been accepted several days later, AFTER I got my old account back and had made the final switch.  I didn't think anything of it, because that new account was now my side account, and I was using my old account as my new main account. I have not played games on that side account or done any dailies or anything else to earn neopoints since I switched.

Today I logged in to my side account for the first time in a while and saw I had over 7,000 np. I thought that maybe I had transferred neopoints to my side account from my main and had forgotten about them, so I transferred the 7,000+ np to my main account. When I logged back into my side, I saw I had 500 neopoints. I knew something was up, so I donated those to the money tree.

I found out that you get daily neopoints from being on the hi-score table. When I played neopets years ago I wasn't really concerned with getting high scores so I didn't know this.

I have not spent any of the neopoints earned on that account, and I can transfer the 7,000+ np back from my main to my side and either donate it or let it sit there.

Should I send in a ticket about getting my side account removed from the hi-score table and the neopoints earned from that score deleted? Or should I just go ahead and delete that side account myself? The score was sent when I was still using that account as my main and I did not realize I would continue to earn neopoints on that account because of my score. I'm planning not to use my main account for a day or two now.

I made a post on the boards when I didn't know why I was earning neopoints and I wish I hadn't. ?

I really do not want to get frozen again for an honest mistake.

3 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

You don't need to do anything other than maybe donating the NPs if you are uncomfortable. It happens when switching mains ?

I'm worried that they'll see I just transferred 7k from my side to my main not realizing it was np earned from the high score. I donated it later but still. I just got paranoid because I only recently got my account unfrozen and one person on the board was really like...snippy about this issue lol. Called it "dishonest" despite the fact that whole board was me being transparent about what happened. I just hope they didn't report me because they seem like the type. Thank you though! This made me feel better. I guess I'll hold off on the ticket for now.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, xoxlexox01 said:

Does the email support team work on 

Sundays ?.

I got a reply back from Tony P on ticket #3317 on 

Friday.

Yes, I think so. When I was trying to get my old account unfrozen I got a reply from Alice on a Sunday. I know some people on the ticket waiting neoboard got replies over the weekend as well.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

EDIT: I just decided to send in a ticket.

I have another question....

I reset my PIN because it had never been changed and I also wanted to change the e-mail on the account. Weellll I didn't write my new PIN down and I forgot it (yes dumb I know).

I clicked the option to have an e-mail containing the PIN sent to my e-mail but according to Neopets my e-mail has blocked messages from neopets. I checked my e-mail's trash and spam and also the "Blocked e-mails" list and nothing was there. I'm not blocking any e-mail addresses from anywhere. It's a yahoo address and I know those have issues with neopets (which is partially why I wanted to change it).

The neomail I got looks like this

bouncednm.png.bee7befa7eb1cc3ed50761cf8de6b82c.png

So far I've failed 4 out of the 5 attempts allowed for a PIN. If you fail five attempts, does your account get frozen or are you just locked out for a while? I know the general numbers I used, it's just a matter of trying different combos if I can't get my email to accept messages from neopets.

I googled and couldn't find anything on how to get yahoo to receive neopets e-mails. Does anyone know how? Would love to change the e-mail address but for that I need my PIN ?

Also I did check the FAQ for this particular issue and it was unhelpful. The FAQ link for this problem just sent me back to the help front page.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Naamah said:

I accidentally payed 622 NP for an item instead of full price that was 20 NP more. Did I get that item fair and square or will that come off as cheating?

Nothing wrong with a 20 NP discount... they prized it that way. Even if you bought it for 1 NP it would be fair.

If it's an item worth a LOT and it's clear that it's a typo you could be nice and notify the person but even then it's not obligated and would be a fair way to obtain the item.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I have discovered more recently that I still have a lot of information about my very old main account I had as a young child.

However, I cannot get into this account because I don't have the birthday information.

My questions are, are there any concerns I should have besides the basic main account vs. side account issues that I should worry about if I get my account unlocked?

And would information such as old emails that I put a Neopet into the Neolodge and the account creation confirmation email ne sufficient proof for me to receive assistance to get into the account?

Thanks ahead of time ~☆

1 hour ago, Evianle said:

Hello!

I have discovered more recently that I still have a lot of information about my very old main account I had as a young child.

However, I cannot get into this account because I don't have the birthday information.

My questions are, are there any concerns I should have besides the basic main account vs. side account issues that I should worry about if I get my account unlocked?

And would information such as old emails that I put a Neopet into the Neolodge and the account creation confirmation email ne sufficient proof for me to receive assistance to get into the account?

Thanks ahead of time ~☆

There really isn't any main vs side to worry about if you get it unlocked (and want it to be your new main). All you do is stop doing your regular daily actions on both accounts for 24 hrs and then go upon your regular Neopets life one your new main account and abide by the "main account" rules.

The most important piece of information they will ask is about your email address, specifically the one you joined the site with. It sounds like you have that, and screenshots of emails sent to it, so that will be a huge help in getting it recovered. 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:10 PM, hrtbrk said:

There really isn't any main vs side to worry about if you get it unlocked (and want it to be your new main). All you do is stop doing your regular daily actions on both accounts for 24 hrs and then go upon your regular Neopets life one your new main account and abide by the "main account" rules.

The most important piece of information they will ask is about your email address, specifically the one you joined the site with. It sounds like you have that, and screenshots of emails sent to it, so that will be a huge help in getting it recovered. 

Alright, thank you for your help!!! I'll probably be sending the email asking for assistance very soon then lol.

Here's hoping I get my old account back!?

• 4 months later...

Whoopsie! I put my main account Neopets in the Neolodge but then I realized I had plenty of food to feed them. Will I get in trouble or frozen for checking them out of the Neolodge so soon?

3 hours ago, Naamah said:

Whoopsie! I put my main account Neopets in the Neolodge but then I realized I had plenty of food to feed them. Will I get in trouble or frozen for checking them out of the Neolodge so soon?

No you will not get in trouble for checking your pets out of the Neolodge.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know where to write this and this seemed like the place for it. Forgive me if it's not. 

I would like to know if there is any way you can transfer pets, between your own accounts, that have NC items without using boxes. 

For example, I have this pet on my side account that has 2 NC items. I want to transfer it (along with all the items: NP/NC) to my main account but I don't have Boxes on my side account. 

2.png

Is there anyway it can get transfered to main account with them on? 

Sorry, no. The only way to transfer NC items is with boxes. So you would have to spend NC on your side account to get a box or somehow get a box another way on your side account in order to transfer the items.

20 minutes ago, Duma said:

Sorry, no. The only way to transfer NC items is with boxes. So you would have to spend NC on your side account to get a box or somehow get a box another way on your side account in order to transfer the items.

Do any of the freebie mall items, that we're allowed to collect on our side accounts too, ever give giftboxes?

21 hours ago, Duma said:

That was what I "feared". I suppose you're not allowed to use Trudy on your side account temporarily (obviously not doing on main account during that same time) till you get some boxes?

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Do any of the freebie mall items, that we're allowed to collect on our side accounts too, ever give giftboxes?

I don't think so :sad01_anim:

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

That was what I "feared". I suppose you're not allowed to use Trudy on your side account temporarily (obviously no doing on main account during that same time) till you get some boxes?

Nope! That would be considered cheating and taking advantage of a site perk feature. I feel your pain though. I have a couple of NC items on my side account that are stuck there for now.

14 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Nope! That would be considered cheating and taking advantage of a site perk feature. I feel your pain though. I have a couple of NC items on my side account that are stuck there for now.

That was, again, what I feared :D I think I should be grateful enough that we can get Basic Boxes on mains.

Thank you everyone :) 

Hello all!

So I have a few accounts. They weren't "side accounts", what would happen is that I would play Neopets for awhile then stop. I would forget my password to my account and also forget the password to my email address, then I would create a new account. I recently discovered the passwords to some old accounts and have accessed my old Neopets accounts after having created a new one. I would like to close those accounts, keep my original, keep my pets and the stuff from those accounts. Basically I worked to get those items and such on those accounts and used them as my only account while I had forgotten the old one so I dont want to lose those items and pets. What is the best way to do this?

I had unfortunately transferred my pet to my original account before sending my stuff to the old account. So instead of transferring the pet back I created a new one that I liked. My question is what will happen to this pet when I close this account? Will I be able to adopt her from the OG account or will she just vanish?

21 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

The pet will remain frozen on the account until you decide to unfreeze the account or Neopets does a purge, where the account and pet will be deleted. 

The account wasn't frozen just not used. What happens to my pet when I delete the account? Will I be able to adopt it?

Before you close your account you can send your pet to your new account. Otherwise it will just stay on the closed account with any other items and neopoints you have on it. So before closing it if there's anything you want to keep, transfer it to your new account that you're using as your main.

• 2 years later...