Neopets Anti-filter Project (need innocent filtered words)

eightbitdimwit

Please contribute any and all words (non-profane or sexual) blocked by Neopets filters or known to set off moderators. This project is to help people who, like me, spent ten minutes removing innocent words from posts get it done faster by checking to see if "plum" is considered sexual harassment Nazi baby-killing on Neopets and to help them avoid being silenced for racism when they post the name of a TV show.

It of course has to be hosted off of Neopets, but I'm hoping it will be helpful in the future.

List to be filled:

Root terms are small words that are considered profane or sexual and any innocent word containing them is blocked, e.g. "grape" is blocked because it contains "rape."

untested

1. cum
  2. rape
  3. kill
  4. weed

Homonyms are words that are blocked because one or more definitions, though not all, are profane or sexual.

untested

hole (guild chat)

Questionable filter words are words that are surprisingly tame or blocked for reasons we can only guess at.

untested

stupid

Anti-hype terms are words that are blocked to (temporarily) quell things such as excessive Twilight topics and discussion of Robert Pattinson's chiseled, sparkling abs.

Currently in effect: Twilight filter

untested

1. Twilight
  2. Robert
  3. Isabella
  4. Bella

Mod bait includes terms that are not filtered but may earn you a silence or a warning if used.

I am pretty sure the word "uncle" is banned. "Grape" is another. Found that out because there are items containing that word, so that neomail was a little difficult, lol Umm... oh you can't use the words "stupid" and "as" together to form "stupid as" in a sentence. I will post more when I think of them. I know there are tons!

If one word contains another word that might be offensive (if you squint and look at it sideways in the right light), it's probably banned.

Words to add:

1. Skill(s)

2. Scrape

3. Drape

I only know #1 is banned for sure. It made a conversation about NeoQuest II difficult. -.-;;

I assume that #2&3 are no-nos for the same reason grape is.

You can't say 'drunk'. Though I see the reason in most cases it is not talking about intoxication in this sentence: 'It appeared that the tea had all been drunk down' or this one: 'I had drunk all my milk and was waiting patiently for another glass'

edit: sorry... Word vomit

If anything, your list would probably be more complete if you made a note of both words that are blocked on their own, as well as fragments that can be contained in innocent words (such as "cum" in "cucumber") that block the innocent words. In addition to "cum", I know "rape" and "kill" are in a lot of innocent words and they get blocked through it. That way, even if a given word isn't on the list, someone can look and go "Oh, I can't say "crape" because it has the fragment "rape" in it."

(wow this would be a bad post out of context)

Seaweed. also blocked >_>

because of the weed.

also for those people on the neoboards the anti-twilight filters are still in effect.

Twilight -> My Little Pony

Robert -> Clark

Isabella and Bella are also filtered but i can't remember what they get changed to.

annd a bunch of related words. *sigh*

I know basement is blocked- probably because it contains 'semen'.

I get that TNT wants to prevent people having sexy conversations on Neopets, but really now, LOL.

I know basement is blocked- probably because it contains 'semen'.

I get that TNT wants to prevent people having sexy conversations on Neopets, but really now, LOL.

I agree. I also find it hilarious how we cannot use certain words (eg cucumber) yet they can. On the buried treasure page it says "cumulative jackpot"

I understand this is because they use it in context, and block the words for us because we may use them out of context, but really?

Absurd indeed, can't they figure out a way to have all those'rude' words filtered out for under 13's or w/e and just let the rest of us talk about cucumbers and basements in peace!!

Without parental permission, accounts under 13 don't have access to the Neoboards or Neomails, so it wouldn't do much good to filter only 13 and under as most probably don't have access to the things.

For those that do have parental permission, they will have access and be able to see other's possibly using the terms, if they aren't filtered.

If anything, your list would probably be more complete if you made a note of both words that are blocked on their own, as well as fragments that can be contained in innocent words (such as "cum" in "cucumber") that block the innocent words. In addition to "cum", I know "rape" and "kill" are in a lot of innocent words and they get blocked through it. That way, even if a given word isn't on the list, someone can look and go "Oh, I can't say "crape" because it has the fragment "rape" in it."

(wow this would be a bad post out of context)

That's a good idea. I've updated the list with some categories and terms to check. I've gone through a few already, and all passed.

EDIT: I'm already silenced for use of unfiltered words. xD

They go under "mod bait" then. I should cloak my IP and go test somewhere else.

You cannot say "accumulate" for the same reason as "cucumber" and in some cases, I've seen "makeup" to be blocked because apparantley makeup is associated with flirting and sex. *rolls eyes*

Analyst can't be said either

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I thought "teddy" was blocked, but I just tested it and it's not.

Has anyone tried a phrase like "wash it"? A friend of mine had parental controls on his laptop, so he couldn't type "wash it," even with a space.

I thought "teddy" was blocked, but I just tested it and it's not.

Has anyone tried a phrase like "wash it"? A friend of mine had parental controls on his laptop, so he couldn't type "wash it," even with a space.

Nope, seems to work just fine for me.

No one's mentioned the classic yet - you can't say "something" because it contains the word "meth".

Going through the forums, "advertisement" and "snatch" apparently are also blocked.

Ooh, I didn't know about the 'something' one.

Yeah, advertisment, like basement, contains semen. Snatch makes sense, but again, not one I had seen before,

Ooh, I didn't know about the 'something' one.

Yeah, advertisment, like basement, contains semen. Snatch makes sense, but again, not one I had seen before,

Why snatch?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.