Too old...

gulsanga

I think it's harder to admit that you play Neopets when you are in your teens than when you are in your twenties and older. A lot of what you do when your a teen reflects your friends, your age group, what you do in school, etc - and playing Neopets doesn't exactly fit into a lot of schemes of high school cliques. However, when you graduate high school, it's so much easier to just acknowledge that it's a hobby that you do in your spare time to keep those endorphins up. Especially when you already make your own choices day to day and understand the full consequences of them, you realize that your choices are your choices and they are nothing to be ashamed of as long as they don't harm any other aspects of your life.

I am 21! I have been playing neopets since 11 years old and I still get excited when I unlock another secret avatar. My boyfriend calls me a neopets addict cause I can spend long hours playing it but who cares, I am having fun! What keeps me coming back are secret avatars and plots :) During exams, my group of friends in university played neopets with me to destress haha!

• 1 year later...

I played neopets when I was younger, about 10. My aunt played it and I thought it looked fun. Well now, she still plays it, and I have forgotten the password to that old account but the main reason, I think, that I stopped playing was because I let other things grow priority over that. But now that I am 20 and have tons of free time, I spend more time on the internet and so on thanksgiving, I came back because I was with my aunt and she was playing it. I wish I hadn't quit all those years ago because I missed out on a ton of plots and I would have been stinking rich if I hadn't. Plus, I would have prob finished the goals I have now, on here, a long time ago. So, I love it again. I am addicted. On Christmas, I asked my aunt if she had noticed that I was on everyday now, and she had. We both were surprised. Ha. But I also don't tell many people. One of my work buddies knows because he is close to my age and he remembers playing it and he still plays Pokemon. But my boyfriend doesn't know because he already says I spend too much time on the internet. But, I wouldn't stop playing if I were you. Like I said, I wish I hadn't. Now if you need to take a hiatus because life is too busy, do that. But don't quit. I love this game!

I'm 23 and I mostly don't tell people either but I did tell my best friend about it a couple of years ago, and bullied encouraged him to play - he is now also hooked :D

I think most people play online games on some level or other - Playstation or Xbox or Facebook games etc. Why should Neopets be any different?

Don't think you should quit just because you feel embarrassed! I'm 19 myself, and yes when I tell people I still play, I get the "wow rly? Srsly?" look, but I don't think you should stop something you enjoy just because of them. Life is harsh buddy, and we all know too well that fun things don't come often! Enjoy while it lasts~

I don't think you can ever be too old for Neopets. If you really think about it, the creators of the site itself are adults and there are many users, including myself, that are out of their 'teens'

Yes, children play Neopets and people often associate Neopets with having a younger audience but don't feel ashamed for playing it. I am a 21 year old male and when people see me playing on it they often jest at me and honestly it doesn't bother me. Its a hobby, and is ten times more fun than watching football or standing around getting drunk.

I may be odd but I will stand firm by saying you are never to old for Neopets.

I quit. And then I unquit. And at this point, I've done both so many times that you might as well call them hiatuses. In fact, this is the first time I've been on a long stretch with no hiatus since my first account, I think. I started up again in the fall of 2012 and since I can't answer, "What would you do with your time if you weren't on Neopets?" (other than write, which I don't always want to do), I'm going to keep going.

How old am I and what do I do? 28 on Tuesday. I have a bachelor of science in alternative medicine, I received my pharmacy tech certification on December 17th and I have four books out. :D Believe me...I definitely intend to keep coming back to Neopets to do stuff after I'm done counting pills all day! (I have to go out for my externship yet, though.)

Does your Prince Charming play Neopets, Your Majesty? ;)

If only!

:rolleyes_anim:

He's more of a NCAA '13 (or '14...what year are they on?!?) on his playstation! haha but while he does that, I do neopets. So we're both happy.

It's kinda cute explaining to him the UC thing. It goes sorta like this...

"So I traded my dragon (draik) for a rare pet. and these rare pets can't be made anymore so everyone likes them!"

and his response is always...

"Which 10 year old did you con into taking their rare pet?!?"

• 2 years later...