The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

First bit of interest in an AGE!

disclosure_closed.gif5.gif BB
(profile)
54 61 +7 56,000 721,000 3,416,000 +373.79%

Missed it at 60+. Now watching and waiting... I suppose the good thing about not selling in ages is that I have now got 3.5million invested!

Clearly nothing on you though!!

Transaction Result
1 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
2 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
3 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
4 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
5 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
6 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
7 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 53045 NP. After 7 successful transactions, you have 550025.

10 hours ago, Secre said:

Finally caught BB at 60 and sold half. Hoping it goes back to 65 and I'll sell the other half!

Is that what you all sell the stock at? Shoot, I read about the stock market and I could never decide if that was enough of a profit to sell so I have never sold any of my stock until the price margin is between 300% - 400%. Although I buy stock everyday I only buy the ones priced at 15. If there is more than one stock at 15 I don't know which to choose so I close my eyes and point. I have no idea what I am doing as you can tell. I have also read articles written by other members but it's like a foreign language to me.

6 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Is that what you all sell the stock at? Shoot, I read about the stock market and I could never decide if that was enough of a profit to sell so I have never sold any of my stock until the price margin is between 300% - 400%. Although I buy stock everyday I only buy the ones priced at 15. If there is more than one stock at 15 I don't know which to choose so I close my eyes and point. I have no idea what I am doing as you can tell. I have also read articles written by other members but it's like a foreign language to me.

It's honestly whatever you want it to be. When I was starting from scratch from getting hacked, I would buy at 15 and sell at 30 because I needed to make nps fast, but as I accumulated a portfolio, I increased to 45 and then 60.

Most people wait until it reaches 60 because that's a nice profit, but as long as you buy stocks at 15 and sell them at a profit, you are good.

10 hours ago, Angeló said:
  Transaction Result
1 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
2 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
3 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
4 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
5 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
6 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.
7 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 71000 NP.

Summary : You had 53045 NP. After 7 successful transactions, you have 550025.

Glad I kept back half! Sold the rest at 70! Thanks for the heads up!

9 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

As @nirv120 says, it's completely up to you where you sell at. Some people sell at 30, others 60, some hold for longer. Personally, I tend to stick with 60 although I might gamble like I did yesterday; selling half and then seeing if it rose further.

Having watched the ups and downs, it's a gamble as often a stock won't get higher than 60 and will then plummet. Other times I've missed out on shares rising higher like when FAER recently rose to 125!

In terms of which stock to buy, I'll always try and bolster the ones I have less of. So if there's more than one at 15, I check my current stocks and see which one has less bought.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, Secre said:

I suppose the good thing about not selling in ages is that I have now got 3.5million invested!

Clearly nothing on you though!!

My issue is always that I forget about them x'D I could blame resisting selling until stuff starts to drop again - which I definitely am guilty of - but just plain blanking on stuff's the real culprit.

It raises that question of which is the best financial option: buying stocks vs. paying every NP into the bank for the interest. I personally don't care enough to try to find out, lol. Either way you get MOAR, I'm not gonna quibble over the percentages.

Maybe it's better to say that it's not solely about the money, I enjoy the stocks experience. :D

Speaking of my holding out and then missing out habit... could be in for another dose of that right now? :laugh:

(profile)
66 75 +9 56,000 721,000 4,200,000 +482.52%

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

My issue is always that I forget about them x'D I could blame resisting selling until stuff starts to drop again - which I definitely am guilty of - but just plain blanking on stuff's the real culprit.

It raises that question of which is the best financial option: buying stocks vs. paying every NP into the bank for the interest. I personally don't care enough to try to find out, lol. Either way you get MOAR, I'm not gonna quibble over the percentages.

Maybe it's better to say that it's not solely about the money, I enjoy the stocks experience. :D

Speaking of my holding out and then missing out habit... could be in for another dose of that right now? :laugh:

(profile)
66 75 +9 56,000 721,000 4,200,000 +482.52%

I mean, the interest on 721k is as follows:

image.png.7786437341119cd07fdd809ce4308559.png

And you've made a hell of a lot more than 90k on those beauties!!

(I need to put my millions back in the bank pronto before I get hit by some stupid tax event!)

Phew, it's back!

Either way, if you actually sell at 60-70 (and don't hoard them, eh!) then the profit on stocks will vastly outweigh the 12.5% top interest rate. Particularly as you can sell, put the proceeds in the bank and collect interest on that! But you do... ummm... have to sell them for that to work, I'm afraid.

@Secre😮 😮 😮 I would NEVER have thought of doing that to work it out! Clever! :D

And OMG, am I glad you managed this safely! The guilt if you'd been hit by the tax beast would have rendered me open to all kinds of emotional blackmail for pretty much ever. 🤣

and now let's sit back and watch it rise to 90

it's already at 77 

😕

Transaction Result
1 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 75000 NP.
2 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 75000 NP.
3 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 75000 NP.
4 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 75000 NP.
5 1000 shares of BB Sold 1000 shares of BB for 75000 NP.

Summary : You had 38082 NP. After 5 successful transactions, you have 413062.

It seems as if the majority of you that replied sell around 60. That does sound like a good profit margin. Mostly the reason (that I tell myself) to hold them is that they will go up. My luck is they will go up after I sell. I am just lucky that way. Sometimes if a stock is at a higher profit it will turn out I only own a few of that stock.  I'm going to sell off this one although I don't have much

image.png.e947d0fa6b953a6454f979fda0a930e9.png

I don't think I have a lot invested in stocks. Here is the bottom total.

image.png.aae9db53dd76f5d9239e14fa2a2409d8.png

I think I profit more just from the bank interest.

image.png.c2ec3218c788dfa444fc5ac042ce8e5c.png

It is all such good advice that I am going to have to rethink this and read some more articles on the stock market. Thanks to all of you for sharing!

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Secre😮 😮 😮 I would NEVER have thought of doing that to work it out! Clever! :D

And OMG, am I glad you managed this safely! The guilt if you'd been hit by the tax beast would have rendered me open to all kinds of emotional blackmail for pretty much ever. 🤣

Hah, I was thinking of a way of working it out that didn't involve me getting my calculator out!

The onus of foolishness would have been on me! I was determined to do it in as few clicks as possible, hence why it wasn't quite exactly 721k; close enough though!

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

and now let's sit back and watch it rise to 90

it's already at 77 

😕

Yeah, I sold at 71. I only have 5 left to remind myself to rebuy when it drops to 15 again!

6 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

It seems as if the majority of you that replied sell around 60. That does sound like a good profit margin. Mostly the reason (that I tell myself) to hold them is that they will go up. My luck is they will go up after I sell. I am just lucky that way. Sometimes if a stock is at a higher profit it will turn out I only own a few of that stock.  I'm going to sell off this one although I don't have much

image.png.e947d0fa6b953a6454f979fda0a930e9.png

I don't think I have a lot invested in stocks. Here is the bottom total.

image.png.aae9db53dd76f5d9239e14fa2a2409d8.png

I think I profit more just from the bank interest.

image.png.c2ec3218c788dfa444fc5ac042ce8e5c.png

It is all such good advice that I am going to have to rethink this and read some more articles on the stock market. Thanks to all of you for sharing!

You definitely profit more in total from your bank interest, but essentially selling at 60 and above is far higher than 12.5% interest. You could end up keeping your stocks for years and it would still exceed the interest overall. 

You can't really use the bottom line on the stocks as the majority of stocks will be at 5-20 for most of the time. It's more a case of jumping on the ones that are overall higher and selling to make a profit, sticking the proceeds in the bank and then re-investing. 

My bottom line will occasionally jump to 20-30% if one or two stocks are doing particularly well, but it will then sink again when I sell those high fliers. If you really wanted to check where you make the most, you'd need a table of when you bought vs when you've been able to sell and how much for. Then you can check that against the typical bank interest for the period against all the stocks you've bought, I suspect... maybe?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:
(profile)
69 85 +16 56,000 721,000 4,760,000 +560.19%

I'm really livin' dangerously now. 😅

*tension mounts*

I knew I should have waited! This is upsetting. Sell, sell,sell!!

i normally sell at 60, honestly starting to think about waitin until 80+ because i don't really have much need for nps anymore and trudys+fc more than pays for the daily 1k

sold 6k of my BB at 75, though. it's up to 94 now and i have 5k left but ill probably hold on to it to see how high it goes! i always hold at least 1k reserve, just to keep tabs on what's doing what. strangely BB one of the stocks i have the least amount of, i guess i always missed it at 15 before? 🤷‍♂️

I caved!

Sold at 92

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 1019 NP. After 56 successful transactions, you have 5152999