The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

What I'm potentially going to start doing is always keep one block of stocks from any company when I sell, for example I sold 6k out of my 7k of TNPT at 60 a couple of days ago. Partly, I think, out of morbid curiosity about whether they continued to climb after I'd sold :laughingsmiley: They didn't, they dropped like a stone, but now I can see that they're back up to 59 and I like being able to easily see that. I like the idea of being able to build a clearer overall view of the market in my own portfolio for some reason, it just pleases me.

Whether I will ever start holding out beyond 60 with regard to selling remains to be seen :shiftyeyes_anim: Been burned a few too many times in the past by that, that is why at the moment I've been making sure to sell at 60. I think I definitely will hold out for a higher number once I have more cash in the bank though.

I do that. Partly because I want to see their change, and partly because I want to have all stocks, no matter the amount.

I do that. Partly because I want to see their change, and partly because I want to have all stocks, no matter the amount.

COLLECT

wWxaYH9.png

ALL THE STOCKS

Yep, this is very much my agenda also. xD Just another fun thing to do, and aim for. Wish I'd thought of it before now because I'd be a lot closer by now if I had!

Hey guys! Someone with a very mathematical brain did some calculations a while ago (I read it here in the forums), and they basically found that if you consider the fact that your stock investments would otherwise be earning you interest in the bank, and the amount of time it sometimes takes for stocks to rise to profitable prices, that it is most efficient to sell your stocks when they reach 71NP. So that's what I do, I wait for stocks to get to 71 (or 68ish) and I sell most. After that sale I'll only sell again if it gets to 110 :)

Hey guys! Someone with a very mathematical brain did some calculations a while ago (I read it here in the forums), and they basically found that if you consider the fact that your stock investments would otherwise be earning you interest in the bank, and the amount of time it sometimes takes for stocks to rise to profitable prices, that it is most efficient to sell your stocks when they reach 71NP. So that's what I do, I wait for stocks to get to 71 (or 68ish) and I sell most. After that sale I'll only sell again if it gets to 110 :)

Well that's interesting! I wonder if I'll ever manage to hold out to that amount! Only time will tell :shiftyeyes_anim:

lol taffy that's just how the stock market is.  they all go up, eventually.  there hasn't been a tank in yeaaaaarsssss

Do you sell all your shares when it hits 300% or more, jelly?  I'm trying to build my portfolio, so that's when I start selling.  my two goals are: to have shares in every company AND to have a total of 365k shares :D

Do you sell all your shares when it hits 300% or more, jelly?  I'm trying to build my portfolio, so that's when I start selling.  my two goals are: to have shares in every company AND to have a total of 365k shares :D

I sold all but 1000 at 63, and it's dropped now so I made the right decision. :D

I retract that now, it's gone up to 67 >_<; I am glad I kept that 1000 so I could watch what it does though!

Edited by jellysundae

Yeah, my general experience is that a stock will go up to 300%, and then do one of two things: go down for for a day and right back up OR go down and stay there for a long time.  of course, there's always the chance that it'll get crazy high, which is why I try and keep /some/ of my shares when it goes beyond 300%.  when it hits 500%, it starts to get really, REALLY hard to hold xD

Yeah, I'm starting to learn about the going back up, now! Maybe, once I'm used to always holding back 1K of any stocks that I sell, I'll work on training myself to selling just half...or three quarters maybe, then half. Gradually work my way up to waiting for things to go higher than 300%. We shall see!

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently decided to give the stock market a serious try and today I just sold my first stocks for profit! I forgot which ones they were but they were at 113%. Definitely kicking myself for not hanging onto some shares, but I guess you have to learn the hard way sometimes. Been selling codestones from the Battledome for investment money, haha. I'd be a bit more comfortable if Ghoul Catchers was up and running though, it's a much easier and more predictable source of income. 

I'm in awe of all you veterans who sell at 60, or 100(!!!). Even later on when I have a more diverse/valuable portfolio and more NP in the bank I doubt I'll be patient enough to wait until a stock hits higher than 60... 

For some reason, right now I can look at stocks at 60 (like SKBD right this moment) and just shrug and leave them. Not even the slightest twitch to sell, long may that continue I say. I suspect I'll be inflicted with itchy sell finger again soon enough though.

I sold all but 1k of my HELT stock at 64 a few days ago, that's down to 44 now so that was a good move. HELT was the first stocks I ever bought, about 18 months ago, and I'd totally regretted it since because they hardly ever got into double figures all of last year. At least this year they've behaved better, lol.

Yeah so if something that I have a larger amount of stocks in starts to climb high, we'll see how chilled I am then about selling, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I just bought one single share of VPTS and it only cost me 1NP. Which should be impossible, I know...do you think this will get me into trouble? I don't want TNT thinking I cheated or something...what do I do?

EDIT: I submitted a ticket

I think I just bought one single share of VPTS and it only cost me 1NP. Which should be impossible, I know...do you think this will get me into trouble? I don't want TNT thinking I cheated or something...what do I do?

You could make a board on the stocks area of the neoboards for quicker attention.

It's been a week (although in the world of Neo support, 'only' a week would be a fast turnaround!), but any update on this situation?

• 2 weeks later...

LUPE is at 53 right now. I'm hoping it goes up to at least 60 so I can cash those ones in. I keep forgetting to check my stocks. Shame on me! :)

• 4 weeks later...

SHRX is trolling us all! It's been high for several weeks, so I'm pretty sure just about everyone will have caved and sold their stock off.

Today it shoots up even higher, to 84! *shakes fist*

If it eventually hits 100 I shall cry! :sad02:

:laughingsmiley: