The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the majority go for selling at 60, it's what I go with. I rarely manage to hold out until things go higher. Last night I caved and sold my MYNC shares at 59 because it was going up and down between 57 and 59 all day but NEVER going to 60, and all too often when I've left things until the next day in those kind of situations, I come online to find things have bottomed out overnight so I miss out.

I think in the future I may hold out for 100, but I don't think I'd be likely to do that until my portfolio had a LOT more in it. Say way in the future when I have enough in the bank for my daily interest to pay for my stocks.

I love, love, love the Stock Market.  I purchase my 1000 stocks daily and am so close to the avatar.  My stats right now are:

Totals: 58,009 880,619 1,764,785 +100.40%

I suppose I could buy the balance in VPTS, since I have invested in so many different places, but, the price is killer.  When I first bought it, VPTS was in the low 1100's, now it's 100 pts higher.

I will be patient and thanks so much for starting a SM board!  

The stock market is by far the greatest way ever created to make neopoints. Make your sell point 100, and then just find a way to make 15k np every day. Then, for every day (it might take a few years, but it will eventually get there), you make 85 grand for every 15 grand you put in. It's insane profit, 8x what you put in. I've made tens of millions of neopoints over the cumulative effect of playing for 12 years. 

I feel I had that effect on HELT :laughingsmiley: They were some of the very first stocks that I bought over a year ago, and have yet to reach 60 since. When I've been online to see it at least!

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if there's a general consensus on when you should sell stocks. I feel like anything under 100 is just negligible, but it seems like most people disagree. Does anyone else share this sentiment?

I used to sell at 60, because it was what I heard I should do. But I do not do that anymore. I usually sell above 100. I do not like waiting, but I like seeing all those NP when selling.

P.S.: Right now UNIB is at 152. I won't sell yet, I want to see if it goes up.

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if there's a general consensus on when you should sell stocks. I feel like anything under 100 is just negligible, but it seems like most people disagree. Does anyone else share this sentiment?

At first I'd wait until they were at 60 before I'd sell mine off. I get too impatient and would rather just double my money in a short amount of time instead of waiting and having all those funds just sitting there that for stocks that I've been holding onto for ages I've been selling at 30.

Right now TNPT is at 58 and I'm going to wait until it's at 60 before I sell it off and make some cash. I just blew a bunch of my Neopoints on the 10 mill avatar book from the Hidden Tower so I'm wanting to replenish my funds ASAP. I hate being broke LOL. :)

What I'm potentially going to start doing is always keep one block of stocks from any company when I sell, for example I sold 6k out of my 7k of TNPT at 60 a couple of days ago. Partly, I think, out of morbid curiosity about whether they continued to climb after I'd sold :laughingsmiley: They didn't, they dropped like a stone, but now I can see that they're back up to 59 and I like being able to easily see that. I like the idea of being able to build a clearer overall view of the market in my own portfolio for some reason, it just pleases me.

Whether I will ever start holding out beyond 60 with regard to selling remains to be seen :shiftyeyes_anim: Been burned a few too many times in the past by that, that is why at the moment I've been making sure to sell at 60. I think I definitely will hold out for a higher number once I have more cash in the bank though.

I used to sell at 60, because it was what I heard I should do. But I do not do that anymore. I usually sell above 100. I do not like waiting, but I like seeing all those NP when selling.

P.S.: Right now UNIB is at 152. I won't sell yet, I want to see if it goes up.

Yeah, I guess it's just a matter of how (im)patient you are. I'll probably compromise and go with 80, in between 60 and 100.

Thats a lot invested :P Probably years if you did 15k by 15k daily.

how much do you have invested?  its hard to know when to jump ship though. usually i use the real world stock market strategy of sell half when you hit your point. then if it goes up you still have a good amount to make extra profit with. and use the standard deviations rule with a grain of salt. As in, you could say, sell half at 100, then sell half again at 115, and cut your profits at 123 ish and sell the rest..