The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

Don't beat yourself up, Beth, I regularly wonder about cutting my losses and selling mine off once they go back above their purchase price, and paying it all into the bank.Out of the stocks I have (I have 33 lots, 6 of which I have 2000 of) only 3 lots have hit 60, one of them being FISH which is currently at 61. Your doing no worse than me, so hang on in there. :)

Yeah, ditto what Jelly said. Stocks are not a quick money maker, but I made like 204k the other day selling off stocks that finally reached 60 per share. I usually am in the negative with my stocks too, but occasionally I make big NP. If you need the cash on hand for day to day stuff still, stocks might not be the best option, but if you're willing to wait them out, you can make some serious dough.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by buying low, just keep your head up, and it'll get there! :)

I sold my FISH stocks at 65 in the end. Those are currently at 61 having opened at 64, so if it climbed further after I sold I don't think it will have been by much. I'll stick with the stockmarket, despite my fairly regular thoughts about giving up with it, lol. I do like the process, watching the movement and so on, and in general patience wins out with me.

Oh, speaking of the negatives, yeah, mine has always been in the negatives, yesterday was the first time it's ever climbed out of them, funnily enough! Even when FISH was at 60 I was still in the negatives xD It went up to 0.43 for a while, but only because KBAT had climbed too (that's at 43 right now, maybe I'm in for another windfall!). Right now it's at -10.31%

Stocks is a waiting game. You need to buy every day and buy different stocks. And buy a variety of stocks. At leat two different ones every day. And then just wait and check in every day.

If I remember correctly, I made about 800k on one stock not long ago. And have made about 100k every once in a while, too, I think about 5 times or a bit less.

Also! A lot of stock guides say that at first (maybe for the first month or so) sell when the stocks hit 30. And then at 45 and then at 60. That way you get some money faster. I never did the 30 or 45 thing. I have quite a bit of NPs in the bank, so didn't see the reason.

Interesting! I can see the sense in that, yep. I went straight for 60 myself because it's what you guys suggested. I am glad I did it that way :yes:

Interesting! I can see the sense in that, yep. I went straight for 60 myself because it's what you guys suggested. I am glad I did it that way :yes:

I did the same thing, and I'm glad, too. I don't have a shortage of NP, and I don't mind waiting. I'm just really hoping that KBAT is going to go from 45 (what it is now) to sixty soon, because then I'd make a nice bunch in one go :D

I did the same thing, and I'm glad, too. I don't have a shortage of NP, and I don't mind waiting. I'm just really hoping that KBAT is going to go from 45 (what it is now) to sixty soon, because then I'd make a nice bunch in one go :D

I'll be stoked if KBAT continues to rise and I get 2 stock windfalls in one week, that would be amazing!

I'll admit that I'm pretty slacktastic about buying stocks, I absolutely don't get to buy them every day because some days I make hardly any NP, it all depends on what my brain function's willing to let me actually do. But I'm happy to have my portfolio build gradually and give me a nice treat once in a while :)

Same here~ The past few days have been great for my stocks so far. KBAT is at 48 now and I'm very tempted to sell some.

I only sell once my stocks hit 200% or more (I buy at 15, or if there aren't any that day, then 16 or 17, hence 200% rather than sell at 60). Although I have bent that rule a few times over the last month and sold at 100% and also not re-invested because I've been spending a fair bit on customisations.

I haven't been playing it for very long but I've probably made 100k. I have about 500k invested now because I haven't brought any new stocks for a while.

I'm getting really excited today. My largest stock, NATN (I have 6,000 shares) is finally starting to climb. It's at 70% right now. I have got to resist selling once it hits 100%.

My portfolio has always been in the red. It doesn't bother me. Actually that's the thing I'm really liking about having premium again. When I had it before I didn't have any stocks but now, because I'm checking on my shop till fairly regularly, I'm noticing if my stocks are changing. Because I'm really bad at remembering to check my stocks normally.

Actually that's the thing I'm really liking about having premium again. When I had it before I didn't have any stocks but now, because I'm checking on my shop till fairly regularly, I'm noticing if my stocks are changing. Because I'm really bad at remembering to check my stocks normally.

Same here! I've had Premium for a year, and that feature is definitely one of my favourites. SSW, Dailies Tab, and Premium Featured Game are nice too, but that little quick view makes things so. much. easier!!

• 4 weeks later...

s9x5f7U.png

POWR is at 68. I sold all of that and made about 150k profit. And as you can see, I didn't have that many stocks. 

In fact, quite a few of my stocks are looking good. The overall percentage is actually at 1.01% for me right now, after selling POWR!

I can't wait for NATN to hit 60. I have 6k of that stock. 

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 1182 NP. After 2 successful transactions, you have 125162.

I was afraid these would have bottomed out while I was offline, it was at 55 or so yesterday, so pleased I didn't give in and sell then :D

NATN's at 64... I'll hold off for a bit, bit I missed out on KBAT by holding off selling, so I'll probably sell these at some point tonight.