The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

It has gone quite high a number of times. A couple of pages back Siniri posted their new selling points for all of the stocks, based off of their highest points they've reached at least 3 times. AAVL has a selling point for them of 80, which is higher than a lot of the stocks we tend to think of as good. It's slow, very slow, but it could be worthwhile to invest in it regardless. :)

Oh wow! 80 is definitely a good selling point. I guess I really do just happen to miss it whenever it goes up. Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll keep investing in AAVL regardless. :)

I'm the same as you. I'm too inpatient and usually avoid AAVL at all costs. It was the first stock I ever invested in I think (when I knew nothing of the stock market) now I have a good idea of which stocks are good and which aren't. I'm also too lazy to always look it up and I'm invested in quite a lot of C stocks but look at CYBU. It was a C stock, still is, and raised up to 100 something. :) I'm waiting on LUPE to rise atm.

Good to know that CYBU is a C stock! I admit that there are too many stocks to keep track of, so that one must have slipped under my radar. And I agree, LUPE is creeping upward; hope it goes high enough for me to sell soon.

Oh wow! 80 is definitely a good selling point. I guess I really do just happen to miss it whenever it goes up. Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll keep investing in AAVL regardless. :)

Good to know that CYBU is a C stock! I admit that there are too many stocks to keep track of, so that one must have slipped under my radar. And I agree, LUPE is creeping upward; hope it goes high enough for me to sell soon.

I don't think I've ever sold it, but it is something to keep an eye on! This is the list that Siniri made, in case you missed it. Interesting stuff!

I've created new sellpoints for myself, choosing a point that each stock has reached ~3 times in the past 11 years (or since it came down from being a high-flying stock -- KSON, UNIB, and VPTS are current high flyers, and thus have no data -- and since I have none of those, I don't need a sellpoint for them). Since it took a bit of time, I figured I'd share in case anyone else is interested in maximizing stock market gains. You'll end up with a lot more NP in the stock market, but you'll sell for much greater profit (and do better than you would have in the bank, based on my calculations on the last page):

AAVL 80, ACFI 65, BB 75, BOTT 70, BUZZ 67,

CHIA 64, CHPS 62, COFL 70, CYBU 80, DROO 64,

EEEEE 75, FAER 62, FISH 100, HELT 75, HUW 84,

KAUF 74, KBAT 70, KSON X, LDSC 74, LUPE 67,

MPC 80, MYNC 120, NAKR 75, NATN 87, PDSS 76,

PEOP 75, POWR 77, SHRX 78, SKBD 240, SKEI 69,

SMUG 78, SSS 120, STFP 90, SWNC 72, TAG 79,

TNAH 80, TNPT 72, TPEG 77, TPP 79, TSRC 80,

UNIB X, VPTS X, YIPP 100

Note the lowest sellpoint is 62, so you only need to consult the chart if a particular stock gets above 60, and so it shouldn't take that much extra work vs. auto-selling at 60.

If I had a way to predict which stock would become the next "high-flyer," I'd obviously just buy a ton of that, but alas, I don't.

Just so you know, I started following these sell points (I don't need the NP right away for anything, so waiting indefinitely is fine for me), and I've already sold twice in the last week or so at these higher points- creating a lot more profit for myself.

Maybe some of these will never get as high again as they did (I'm looking at you, SKBD!), but if they've already done it three times... it can't hurt to hope, right? :)

BB is at 58 now. Thanks for the update CP. :D Watch closely everyone. That being said it has rose 18+ so far today! I think I may be holding out for a higher sell point, for once.

BB has hit 60 earlier today. It's now at 59. Watch very closely for any price movements that may bring this stock onto the 60 level.

Sold 3k of BB at 60 earlier. 2k left.

Dratsicles. BB is down to 54. But LUPE is up to 54! My new sell points are 75 for BB and only 67 for LUPE.

I sold the rest of my COFL yesterday when it hit my new sell point again (it fell like a rock last time) -- I'm glad because it's back down to 61 today.

LUPE should more than likely hit 60 today. At least I hope. It's currently at 55, went up +10 today! :D I have no COFL either, must have sold it all at some point.

LUPE still at 55. Unless it jumped up and I missed out on it? Did anyone catch it higher than 55 today?

For anyone who hasn't sold BB yet, it's just hit 75!

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 52223 NP. After 6 successful transactions, you have 502203.

Thank you, Siniri. Your new selling points are really paying off for me!

For anyone who hasn't sold BB yet, it's just hit 75!

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 52223 NP. After 6 successful transactions, you have 502203.

Thank you, Siniri. Your new selling points are really paying off for me!

Glad you caught it. It's already down to 72 again. I'll try to keep a close eye on it in case it hits again.

Wow I just had a knee jerk reaction and checked my only set of stocks (I don't really keep up with stocks) and BB is pretty high after an eternity in red. Then I came here and saw the same thing. I'm not in dire need of money so I might just risk buying more shares and leaving it there to sit in hopes of a little increase. Would this be bad though? Any advice?

Don't buy high. Buy low (15) and sell high. BB has been fluctuating from the mid/high 60's to the mid/high 70's all day. It's unlikely, based on past performance, to go much higher. You could try to time it by only selling once it's gone down 10% from its latest high (so below 69 right now), to see if it will climb higher -- but I wouldn't recommend buying at its current price. I did an analysis a few pages why that explains why buying low/selling high is better than the bank. Buying high = risk of losing it all and it never coming back (see my cautionary tale regarding PPT).

I finally managed to catch BB at 75 (I checked at 6:01 and it'd already dropped below it), so I sold it all.

Heads up! BB is now at 85 which is a pretty good sell point for most people!

Summary : You had 85000 NP. After 14 successful transactions, you have 1274980.

I kept back 5k just in case it goes even higher.
EDIT:
Yup, it went higher. Just hit 91!

Summary : You had 89790 NP. After 5 successful transactions, you have 544770.

TNAH is up to 50

*ignores what BB's doing since I already sold all of mine; I would kick myself, but my 10% rule would have had me selling right where I did, anyway, because it went to 80-something then dropped back into the 70's before spiking up again.*

Thanks for the tips, I took a risk and obtained just a few more shares (of BB) a while back and am stopping now. I've never really been into the stock market before, does it usually go this high? At this point I'm going to hold off of buying shares. 100+ per share, are you serious?

The new shares I've gotten have already reached 50%+, and with the current 150%+ growth from the original set, I'm not too worried about losing much. I'm thinking of selling now because this is a pretty good amount and am paranoid of something setting off the drop.