The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

Finally was able to get EEEEE @15!

Stocks I need: BUZZ, CYBU, HELT, KSON, MPC, and VPTS. The list has gotten smaller! I used to have BUZZ but I sold it, and I can't recall if HELT has ever been in the selling range.

I need all those stocks, E5 except for HELT. That was in buying when I started.

EEEEE is at 15 at the moment and so is TNPT. :) Good buying choices today. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

So right now I have 5 different stocks all somewhere in the 30's and like 3 in the 20's. My portfolio is looking greeeeeen. :) But it seems like my stocks haven't budged in days, they have just been stuck at 30-39. :(

Anyone else? My highest stock is currently SKBD at 39. Still a ways to go before my sell point.

So many good buys today! I went for 1,000 HELT @ 15.

This question might get a little buried, but does anyone have new years resolutions/goals for their stocks? I want to hit a certain amount of shares by the new year!

So right now I have 5 different stocks all somewhere in the 30's and like 3 in the 20's. My portfolio is looking greeeeeen. :) But it seems like my stocks haven't budged in days, they have just been stuck at 30-39. :(

Anyone else? My highest stock is currently SKBD at 39. Still a ways to go before my sell point.

Same here, my portfolio looks amazing, but everything is still kind of low. I would love SKBD to hit 60 next- I have 6k of it, lol.

This question might get a little buried, but does anyone have new years resolutions/goals for their stocks? I want to hit a certain amount of shares by the new year!

My only goal for my stocks right now is to get the avatar before the new year. :) So I have a goal of 1million invested and I'm currently at 900,000. :)

EDIT: SKBD is now at 46. I'm playing with the idea of selling it if it reaches 50-something because I haven't sold anything in quite some time. But we'll see.

I need to invest in some more A stocks. Today I got TNPT an A+ stock.

Totals: 148,500 2,241,000 2,616,500

+16.76%

LET ME SELL YOU, GAH.

My highest stock is SKBD at 40- just 20 more points, come on!

Yay! I was quite surprised when I saw it so high - it's at 57 now but I'm still happy. :) I'm really hoping it'll reach 60 today.

Is there a good number of stocks to have? Right now I only have 3 stocks, and only 1000 of each. Should I buy other stocks or more of the ones I already have? I just started and I have NATN, PEOP, and TNPT.

Also not sure if I should sell PEOP soon, (ie. if and when it hits 30; it's at 27, and hasn't hit 35 in 2 years)...

Also not sure if I should sell PEOP soon, (ie. if and when it hits 30; it's at 27, and hasn't hit 35 in 2 years)...

I used to wait until stocks hit 40 or 45 to sell. But it seemed to me that if and when they do, it doesn't happen when I actually check my stocks. So nowadays, I just sell when they hit 30 or more. Double is fine by me. I'm selling a lot more often now though my portfolio's value still manages to stay near the 1 million range. I still buy daily.

I wish neopets comes up with some ways for people to analyze stocks, just like real life. The stock market in neopets is mostly about luck & patience. Nothing else :)

I agree. I practice reading financial statements in real life.

Is there a good number of stocks to have? Right now I only have 3 stocks, and only 1000 of each. Should I buy other stocks or more of the ones I already have? I just started and I have NATN, PEOP, and TNPT.

No. You shouldn't buy any of the stocks you already have. Right now, since you just started playing the stocks, you should be diversifying your port as much as possible. :) So always buy different stocks. Once you have most of them then you can buy multiples.

I would probably sell PEOP at 30, based on my observation it isn't a stock that gets high all that often. If you're using neodaq it will tell you which stocks are best to invest in.

Just a heads up- SKBD has hit 60!

You had 66147 NP. After 6 successful transactions, you have 426127

Yay! Thanks Rebecca. Was able to make 152k off of it. :)

Yay! Thanks Rebecca. Was able to make 152k off of it. :)

Fab! I'm so glad, sweetie! :D

As Xandria said, diversify as much as possible- if there are two different stocks at 15, buy the one you don't already have. That is your best way of ensuring you make a more or less consistant profit. :)

And yeah, maybe selling PEOP would be a good idea... I'll have to keep that in mind for my port as well- I have 5k of it, lol. :P

No. You shouldn't buy any of the stocks you already have. Right now, since you just started playing the stocks, you should be diversifying your port as much as possible. :) So always buy different stocks. Once you have most of them then you can buy multiples.

Thanks for the tips. Bought LDSC today :) How many stocks do you think I should have before buying multiples?

Thanks for the tips. Bought LDSC today :) How many stocks do you think I should have before buying multiples?

I'd try and aim for about 30-35 different stocks. Sometimes you may want to buy a multiple if you see a particulary good stock (Rated an A/B on neodaq) as you can always get the other not-so-great-rated stocks later, but in general you should be aiming for a whole bunch of all the stocks. It'll probably take you about a month and a half to get 30 different stocks if you buy consistently. :)