Overplayed songs?

rojo

I work at a medical office and we always have the radio set to this one FM station which plays the same songs over and over and over again.

I think the top three offenders are:

1. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
  2. You Don't Know You're Beautiful - One Direction
  3. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye

They drive me nuts! (To the point of even making a topic to rant about it!)

Anyone else have songs that are so overplayed to the point of craziness?

Payphone by Maroon 5 (which has been played so much I think it should be banned from radio forever)

Titanium by Sia and David Guetta

Give Your Heart a Break by Demi Lovato

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift

I change the station whenever those songs come on.

I don't listen to the radio much anymore so I still enjoy a lot of the 'overplayed' ones, including Call Me Maybe. :P I used to work somewhere where the radio was on 24/7 so the most annoying songs to me are the ones that were popular a few years ago, but still crop up from time to time.

Payphone by Maroon 5 (which has been played so much I think it should be banned from radio forever)

Titanium by Sia and David Guetta

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift

Definitely agree with Payphone. The T Swift song is still new, and I don't think I'll get tired of it, but I definitely fear that many others are getting sick of it already. :(

Everything is overplayed, well, all the modern pop music. The food court at my local mall is an Akoo pavilion (a place where music videos are requested and played) and it plays a lot of annoying crud 99% of the time as nobody requests much of anything. All modern pop, all disgusting.

Rolling in the Deep by ADELE (She has a good voice but give that song a rest!)

Call Me Maybe (The meme that makes fun of the song is funny though - that's why memes exist! LMAO!)

Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5

Everything by Justin Bieber

All teeny bopper songs

Just about everything some radio stations play if they don't have diversity in music, almost everything Akoo plays if nobody requests good music, and most music that appears in adverts are the same genre - that same crud. This music should be banned from radio. STOP PLAYING THE SAME SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN! It's a good thing I take my iPod with me everywhere I go, so I can listen to REAL music. *puts on Queen*

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

You Don't Know You're Beautiful - One Direction

I 100% agree with these songs, they drive me nuts

I hate almost all of the songs mentioned above..... except one, I kinda like Titanium by Sia and Davic Guetta

I don't listen to the radio, either, and I'm glad I don't. :) Unless it's my local radio station which does not play disgusting modern pop tunes. Or stations that only play classic rock. Then I'll listen.

I think we have all widely agreed Call Me Maybe is the most overplayed song of all time. Wins first place. Now - can we exclude that song so other awful, annoying, overplayed songs can have a chance?

6b7.png

I don't listen to the radio because I have a wonderful thing called an iPod.

I personally think a lot of 70s and 80s songs are overplayed. If anything I think that kind of music is more generic than today's music. That is why I rock out to AFI and my music.

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

Rumor Has It - Adele

I normally like Maroon 5 and Adele, but they just got overplayed.

(Notice the lack of Justin Bieber and One Direction: I don't actually hear them that often. And I wish Taylor Swift was overplayed on radio stations...don't hear enough of her. Also, there are probably more I've forgotten)

I never listen to the radio or have any other way to hear the popular hits of today, so I'll go with what I DO know: the most overplayed classical pieces! :P

1. Pachelbel's Canon in D
  2. Vivaldi's Four Seasons (esp. Spring)
  3. Beethoven's Für Elise

I will agree with Call Me Maybe and We Are Young though! Thanks to the internet, avoiding the radio didn't help me avoid those songs...

When I'm listening to the radio on my way to and from work, there's only 2 songs I hear with an alarming amount of regularity. I've even heard these 2 songs playing at the same time on 3 different stations quite often:

1. Somebody That I Used To Know - Goty

2. We Are Young - Fun (This I don't mind, because I really enjoy it)

1. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Call Me Maybe is the one I hear the most and then What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. I think the new Taylor Swift song (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together) is quickly joining the list of overplayed songs.

• 3 years later...

1. Happy by Pharell Williams (Hearing this song once in a while would be ok but with as many times as I've heard it on the radio I just can't listen to it.)

2. Good for You by Selena Gomez

3. Hotline Bling by Drake

Not to sure if it's just the station that I'm listening to but 2 and 3 are always on, As soon as someone in the car hears it come on the radio gets turned off immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

Aloe Blacc - The Man

Nico & Vinz - Am I wrong?

Echosmith - Cool Kids

OMI - Cheerleader

Please, remove these songs from the airwaves. My bleeding brain thanks you.

• 4 months later...

Same with "Am I wrong?" I used to LOVE this song, but now I can't listen to it. A bit similar with OMI, but I still listen to Cheerleader sometimes.

Right now, in Poland, I would say:
Alan Walker - Faded

Selena Gomez - Same old love

SIA & Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills :sick02:

Major Lazer - Light it up

though I like all of them (Selena's especially), they start to be like "man, not again"... and Major song's frustrating, because I really, really like it, but wherever I am I hear it, to the point I know I am close to be fed up with it, despite not listening to it constantly...

hopefully I don't listen to the radio much :) still, I have some of my own overplayed songs, which I used to love and listen to day by day, but now I'm like "well, meh", though I wouldn't say they are even played on the radio that much (if anything)