Nay for computer viruses.

Haliaetus

I need a space to vent, so this is where I'm venting. I've always had terrible luck with technology. I don't know why I do, I just do. I had gotten a new laptop rigt around this time last year after not having a computer for a couple of years. I decided I was going to take extra special care of it, because I didn't want to have anything crazy happen to it like my last computer. I had my friend who is a major computer wiz get me a decent anti virus and loaded it up with a bunch of security to keep me protected. However, I somehow managed to get a bunch of malware on it despite all the precautions I took. I literally have no idea how it happened, seeing as now that I'm working 45-50 hour weeks and barely ever at home, I'm never on my own computer anymore. Anyway, I gave it to someone today to take a look at and get it fixed. I'm just hoping it won't cost me a lot of money. This whole thing is such a giant inconvenience. :/

Aww I'm sorry. Do you think it was that crazy virus they've been talking about on TV that was supposed to effect like 75,000 computers or something? I've heard that thing is really easy to get. I hope they get it fixed whatever it is! Good luck!

Aw that's a shame :( I use McAfee myself since I got it free through my university and despite what others have said I've been happy with it. Malware is tricky though, it gets past a lot. I almost got one that just automatically started loading itself. If I hadn't been looking at the screen at that second and turned off the computer in time I would have gotten it. My best friend got the exact same one though and her computer came back from the techies working just fine. It's a hassle but your computer will more than likely come back okay, if that makes you feel any better.

I'm sorry it happened to you :c I got a virus a couple of weeks ago myself (despite having both malware protection and anti virus) which forced me to reformat my computer and since then I've actually not installed any protection and so far so good... *throws salt over shoulder*

I hope you get your computer back quickly and without having to pay a lot for getting it fixed :c

Aww I'm sorry. Do you think it was that crazy virus they've been talking about on TV that was supposed to effect like 75,000 computers or something? I've heard that thing is really easy to get. I hope they get it fixed whatever it is! Good luck!

Honestly, that was my first assumption. The only thing is it began early afternoon on Saturday, and I thought that thing was only something that began happening today (that's what the articles that I read made it sound like, at least).

Aw that's a shame :( I use McAfee myself since I got it free through my university and despite what others have said I've been happy with it. Malware is tricky though, it gets past a lot. I almost got one that just automatically started loading itself. If I hadn't been looking at the screen at that second and turned off the computer in time I would have gotten it. My best friend got the exact same one though and her computer came back from the techies working just fine. It's a hassle but your computer will more than likely come back okay, if that makes you feel any better.

Oh wow, well that's quite lucky on your part! Knowing that does make me feel a bit better though, so thanks. :)

I'm sorry it happened to you :c I got a virus a couple of weeks ago myself (despite having both malware protection and anti virus) which forced me to reformat my computer and since then I've actually not installed any protection and so far so good... *throws salt over shoulder*

I hope you get your computer back quickly and without having to pay a lot for getting it fixed :c

Thank you! I'm glad that your computer is working well after that. ^_^

Thats bad,I hope your computer gets fixed!

Thanks! I hope so, too. :P

I hope you don't beat yourself over it as you've taken good measures to avoid infection. Sometimes the odd virus or malware can affect the most cautious of users.

I really hope it won't cost you too much to get fixed.

I can't help but beat myself up over it a little bit. I'm frustrated that I managed to let it happen again, haha. But thanks. ^_^

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lesson to be learned here: Never buy a windows computer! Should have bought a MacBook ;) Macs dont get viruses!

"Once you go Mac...you never go back!"

Sincerely,

Loyal Apple Lover who hates windows for that exact same reason- viruses! xD