Altador cup VIII Pre-cup predictions

Ok, I since I can't change up my predictions in my page. (Cause I want to keep my version one the way it is) I'll just make my version 1.5 predictions here (Yes 1.5 :P)

The reason I did this is cause of MYSTERY ISLAND AND SHENKUU. I really like MI, but all of you guys said that they'll lose STEALTH, and thus, I have to downgrade them :(

1. Meridell (I really believe it)

2. Darigan (I'm taking a leap of faith into my team)

3. Lost Desert (They will rise)

4 Krawk Island (Might make the podium)

5 Maraqua ( Can contend, but maybe not enough to contend to the podium)

6 Mystery Island ( I didn't know they would lose STEALTH, but since they probably will, it's gonna be a hard fall, but if their dedicated players keep it up, they could still be in the top 6)

7. Tyrannia ( Unfairly placed,has a potential to contend)

8 Kiko Lake ( UNDECIDED) (Cause not sure if they lose the all star group or if they gain it)

9. Kreludor (Read my V1 predictions :D)

10. Roo Island (Yes)

11. Haunted Woods (I'm still IFFY about this)

12. Virtupets (Slow Rise)

13. SHENKUU (Ok, I finally DECIDED to replace SK with TM. Sorry TM fans)

14. Brightvale ( Start out strong, then end weak)

15. Moltara ( I'm STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THIS... GAH!)

16. Terror Mountain (Sorry guys, but I still don't know if you can rise)

17 Altador (Dunno what I can say. You pull upsets here and there, but still go down)

18 Faerieland (Well, I like they're personality)

Here's my predictions. (More Reasons to be added later)

Note: Please don't be offended if I rank your team at quite a low position or say things that would probably insult you. That is not, and never will be my intention for doing this. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's all that I'm doing. :)

1. Meridell

- Given that Neo[Removed] stays with Meridell, and either SOTAC or STEALTH joins Meridell, it is almost guaranteed that they'll win the cup. Although it would cause a great blow to the title hopes of other teams, SOTAC or STEALTH joining Meridell would mean that legit, real, all-stars helped Meridell to win the cup. Without Neo[Removed], Meridell still has some loyal all-stars, and that should still help Meridell to contend. The only problem that Meridell could prevent Meridell from winning the cup are freeloaders or SOTAC or STEALTH joining an already big team like Darigan Citadel or Krawk Island.

2. Darigan Citadel

- I believe that Darigan will break its usual trend, doing so well one year, and then falling to 7th place. Along with Krawk Island, Darigan has just been one of those teams that never run out of determination to win the cup. Likewise, they have been able to place strongly every year, and somehow, they're not too affected by freeloaders. A top 5 finish is almost guaranteed for Darigan, and a podium finish is also very likely, and winning the cup twice, is not out of reach.

3. Krawk Island

- With or without an all-star group, Krawk Island is a very strong team. Krawk Island have always been favorites. They have been one of the most consistent teams in the cup, and one of the teams with a very, very loyal fanbase. I could see Krawk Island making the podium next year, and who knows they might even be the first team to take the cup twice.

4. Maraqua

- Probably the biggest disappointment this year was Maraqua, barely making the Top 8. Although near the end of the cup, we have seen signs of the real power or Maraqua. I see them as a potential title-contender next year, and an all-star group joining them is not impossible. Although even without an all-star group, Maraqua's strong, solid fanbase will be able to help them contend for the cup.

5. Tyrannia

- Tyrannia was disappointing this year. They weren't really bad, but they were unable to finish the season any better than 10th place. But Tyrannia we could see a massive increase in rankings for Tyrannia next year. With the possibility of an all-star group (not necessarily SOTAC or STEALTH) joining Tyrannia. I see this position (5th) as the highest Tyrannia could finish this year, and a Top 10 finish is guaranteed (unless TNT makes next year's cup a big fail once again).

6. Kiko Lake

- This year, we saw a tremendous increase of power in Kiko Lake. A former 4th-tier team, Kiko Lake surprised everyone by starting the tournament strongly, only to finish the season on a low note. Regardless of how they finished the season, 3 STEALTH All-stars joined KL this year, which caused KL gaining power. Should the rest of STEALTH join Kiko Lake next year, we'll be seeing a very, very unbeatable team. The chances of STEALTH joining them for me, is at 50-50. But for sure though, Kiko Lake is gonna attract All-Stars, as well as freeloaders. Unless STEALTH does join them, I'm putting KL at 6th since even if STEALTH won't join them, I'm pretty sure some good all-stars will. Loyal KL lakers would also be inspired to play more, since their team could actually be competing for a podium finish.

7. Lost Desert

- Although Lost Desert finished at a high position last year, they were still beatable for teams in the lower tiers. Considering this, I don't think LD is quite ready to once again, rule the cup. They have a lot of loyal fans, and a lot of them are All-Stars too, so LD could still finish strongly next year. I don't see them making a podium finish, but a Top 10 finish is almost guaranteed.

8. Roo Island

- Never underestimate previous champions, never underestimate the Roos of Roo Islands. These guys are full of heart. We've shown signs of Roo Islands' power once again this year. As they were able to sweep teams, and avoid sweaps, as well as taking in some wins from established top tier teams.

9. Shenkuu

- I am a Shenkuu supporter, and I don't think this is not a bias prediction for Shenkuu. Since our record-breaking fall after SOTAC left us, we've been performing as a 3rd tier team with the occasional big wins. In AC VII, however, we fell to 16th place. I don't blame anyone from Shenkuu for that. Anyway, next year will be a way better year for Shenkuu. Loyal Ninjas (including myself) would be looking forward to redeem Shenkuu's name. Shenkuu is a freeloader-prone team, but due to our fall in AC7, I don't think we'll be gaining much freeloaders, actually losing the ones that we still have. And personally, I won't mind having STEALTH on SK (Although it is highly unlikely to happen).

10. Kreludor

- SOTAC/Winner's curse. I don't think Kreludor will fall too hard because of the winner's curse, but I predict them to finish in this place next year since there are a lot of teams that have been gaining all-stars, therefore gaining power. If by winner's curse alone, KD should finish somewhere at 7th, but like I what I said, I don't think the loyal KD supporters will be able to keep up with the other teams. Although I don't see KD falling anywhere lower than 10th - 12th.

11. Mystery Island

- Mystery Island benefited strongly from STEALTH last year. Unless STEALTH re-joins them for another year (which is unlikely), I could see MI falling back to the 3rd tier. MI would gain a lot of freeloaders, and most probably lose STEALTH, and just like KD, their loyal members won't be able to keep up with the other teams who have established themselves as top tier contenders.

12. Terror Mountain

- Their good run in AC6, which was due to the "Dream Team", a group of SK all-stars joining them caused a lot of talk about TM to do well in AC7. Unfortunately for TM, they failed to deliver. Although Terror Mountain could bring all the positives out of the past two ACs and do well next year. Although #12 is not a very high position, I think TM would still be able to pull upsets against the established top-tier teams. And could very well sneak in the Top 8 two years from now. For AC7, I don't see TM placing any higher than 9th, but I also don't see them placing any lower than 13th.

13. Haunted Woods

- After HW won the 1st cup, they weren't, and still haven't re-established themselves as a top-tier team. Although HW hasn't been performing as good as I know their amazing supporters would want them to, Haunted Woods still attracts freeloaders. And to sneak in the top tier, they'll have to find a way to strengthen the core of their group or lose their freeloaders.

14. Brightvale

- Brightvale could use their new found power from AC7 to do well next year. Even at their worst, BV is a team that you should never underestimate. Brightvale could also sneak in for a Top 12 spot, but I don't see them falling any lower than 16th place.

15. Altador

- Call me crazy for predicting Altador to finish 15th. Yes, they're not the best team in the cup. But they've shown signs that they can beat top tier teams at their day. All that Altador needs is consistency. They'll have to gain All-Stars and lose freeloaders that join them because the cup is called what, Altador Cup.

16. Virtupets

- I don't have a clue why I'm predicting Virtupets to finish this low. While I was listing up teams that could do well next year, and unfortunately, Virtupets was just not one of them. In truth, as well as statistics-wise, Virtupets could round up near 12th place, but with the AC getting more and more competitive, a team like Virtupets could do well, but would end up short.

17. Moltara

- Moltara has shown signs of improvements this year, but it's gonna be hard to predict how Moltara will do. On their day, they could beat out 2nd tier, or even top tier teams. But considering how the Altador Cup is today, I don't see Moltara doing better than 14th place next year.

18. Faerieland

- To be honest with you, Faerieland has not shown too much signs of improvement. They've been swept and swept again. Although they were able to gain some wins (not necessarily in YYB). It will be very hard for Faerieland to lose their freeloaders, considering that their colors attract young girls.

The impact of Stealth was probably negligible considering that they told us that only had 3 confused members join, so make of that what you will in your predictions.

It seems like Darigan isn't getting the hype I thought they would be, so I'm putting them in 1st, but Meridell, despite the hype, looks promising. I'm not sure where to put most teams because I'm not very knowledgeable in trends spanning multiple cups and even in about half (mostly the 3rd and 4th tier) of the teams this year. My most interesting prediction is probably a rise to high 4th tier for Altador, because there seems to be a lot of people who are considering them. Might change near next year's signups, though. I also think that Tyrannia might be feeling a little down in the dumps, so 7th place looks solid for them.

The impact of Stealth was probably negligible considering that they told us that only had 3 confused members join, so make of that what you will in your predictions.

My most interesting prediction is probably a rise to high 4th tier for Altador, because there seems to be a lot of people who are considering them.

Yeah. I was surprised before when I found out that only 3 STEALTH people joined KL.

I've also considered Altador for a 15th place finish. Something inside of me just says that Altador will break out of the consolation tier.

Yeah. I was surprised before when I found out that only 3 STEALTH people joined KL.

I've also considered Altador for a 15th place finish. Something inside of me just says that Altador will break out of the consolation tier.

While I respect your opinion of AL being 15th, don't you think that's still kinda high. I mean 16th is ok, but 15th? It's still uhm.... weird, no offence AL fans. I guess we'll just have to wait and see next year. Though if that happened, I would be like :woot:

While I respect your opinion of AL being 15th, don't you think that's still kinda high. I mean 16th is ok, but 15th? It's still uhm.... weird, no offence AL fans. I guess we'll just have to wait and see next year. Though if that happened, I would be like :woot:

Well yeah, at first I thought it was weird, but I do have 3 reasons why I ranked AL at 15th.

First is that there has been some talk going on about all-stars from other teams (not a group, just individuals) joining AL. Second, If I told you in AC 6 that Kiko Lake would end up at 6th place in AC 7, would you have believed me or not?

And the third is largely fictional, but, in a forum thread in TDN last year, in which we forum members were asked to do some creative background things about certain teams, I came up with a meaning for Altador's logo/seal. Altador's logo/seal has 8 rays, and those 8 rays means 8 years of doing bad, then they'd surprise everyone and finish very strongly in AC9. Next year is AC8, so if that explanation of the seal would become true, they should at least show even just that sign of doing so. :)

Note: I'm not trying to convince you guys to support my prediction for Altador, but simply explaining my prediction more because I do think at first glance it may seem unreasonable.

Well yeah, at first I thought it was weird, but I do have 3 reasons why I ranked AL at 15th.

First is that there has been some talk going on about all-stars from other teams (not a group, just individuals) joining AL. Second, If I told you in AC 6 that Kiko Lake would end up at 6th place in AC 7, would you have believed me or not?

And the third is largely fictional, but, in a forum thread in TDN last year, in which we forum members were asked to do some creative background things about certain teams, I came up with a meaning for Altador's logo/seal. Altador's logo/seal has 8 rays, and those 8 rays means 8 years of doing bad, then they'd surprise everyone and finish very strongly in AC9. Next year is AC8, so if that explanation of the seal would become true, they should at least show even just that sign of doing so. :)

Note: I'm not trying to convince you guys to support my prediction for Altador, but simply explaining my prediction more because I do think at first glance it may seem unreasonable.

Lol at the fictional prediction. But hey anything can happen in the AC, so let's see

Altador could pull out 15th because as far as I know a lot of newbies join altador because it is called the altador cup- Even I did in ACV. Altdor has also been in 13th twice and 15th twice. Altador is unpredictable.

I think TM is placed to low in most predictions the lowest we've gotten is 15th in the first AC because we were against DC who came second in that cup and then we never placed lower than 13th and putting ourselves at 16th is to low we can beat more teams then just AD and FL.

Nobody thinks TM will finish in 16th. At the very least, I do think TM is better than AL, FL, MT, and HW. But they didn't do much to convince me they deserve higher than 14th. Not to mention, TM lucked out and got a SUPER easy final bracket.

I don't think AL will do well next year. Yes, they beat KI, but keep in mind that KI was demoralized at the time. They had their three best players frozen, and I know a lot of people were depressed at that point. I truly think any team could have beaten KI at that point. I certainly wish we had gotten them then. -_-

Nobody thinks TM will finish in 16th. At the very least, I do think TM is better than AL, FL, MT, and HW. But they didn't do much to convince me they deserve higher than 14th. Not to mention, TM lucked out and got a SUPER easy final bracket.

I don't think AL will do well next year. Yes, they beat KI, but keep in mind that KI was demoralized at the time. They had their three best players frozen, and I know a lot of people were depressed at that point. I truly think any team could have beaten KI at that point. I certainly wish we had gotten them then. -_-

Yea I wish we battled KI in the end so we wouldnt have 7 out of 8 losses.

my predictions

1. KI (KI are the most consitent team in ac history they are team when they get on roll have top three creditinals )

2. KL ( even though my team SK almost swept them twice i see them as a emerging powerhouse in the making)

3. DC ( i expect dc to break the pattern to place below there standards after a very good seasoin the year before .)

4. MD( i see MD have a minor fall due to attention they will recieve , they are more consitent then ever before and brilliant record in yyb and slushies should help close the first tier .)

5 TY

6. LD

7 VP

8. KD

9.RI

10. SK

11. MQ

12. Brigthvale

13 TM

14.MI

15.MT

16.HW

17.AL

18.FL

my predictions

1. KI (KI are the most consitent team in ac history they are team when they get on roll have top three creditinals )

2. KL ( even though my team SK almost swept them twice i see them as a emerging powerhouse in the making)

3. DC ( i expect dc to break the pattern to place below there standards after a very good seasoin the year before .)

4. MD( i see MD have a minor fall due to attention they will recieve , they are more consitent then ever before and brilliant record in yyb and slushies should help close the first tier .)

5 TY

6. LD

7 VP

8. KD

9.RI

10.SK

11.MQ

12. Brigthvale

13 TM

14.MI

15.MT

16.HW

17.AL

18.FL

The only thing I would have to disagree from your predictions is KI. I don't think they'll still be on top. Podium? Possibly. Champs? Still not seeing it. Their freeloaders will leave, but their top 3 all stars got frozen and we saw what happened to them when it happened. I can see KI on the podum, but not champs. But hey, it's my opinion, and in the end, I could still be wrong. And knowing myself, me being wrong is a big possibilty :P

Pre-Cup Predictions:

1. Meridell

2. Krawk Island

3. Kiko Lake

4. Lost Desert

5. Tyrannia

6. Maraqua

7. Darigan Citadel

8. Kreludor

9. Virtupets

10. Roo Island

11. Mystery Island

12. Shenkuu

13. Brightvale

14. Terror Mountain

15. Haunted Woods

16. Altador

17. Moltara

18. Faerieland

The only thing I would have to disagree from your predictions is KI. I don't think they'll still be on top. Podium? Possibly. Champs? Still not seeing it. Their freeloaders will leave, but their top 3 all stars got frozen and we saw what happened to them when it happened. I can see KI on the podum, but not champs. But hey, it's my opinion, and in the end, I could still be wrong. And knowing myself, me being wrong is a big possibilty :P

The only way if KI stays in the podium (2nd or 3rd) or wins, either SOTAC or STEALTH will be behind this. :questionmark: :questionmark:

Pre-Cup Predictions:

1. Meridell

2. Krawk Island

3. Kiko Lake

4. Lost Desert

5. Tyrannia

6. Maraqua

7. Darigan Citadel

8. Kreludor

9. Virtupets

10. Roo Island

11. Mystery Island

12. Shenkuu

13. Brightvale

14. Terror Mountain

15. Haunted Woods

16. Altador

17. Moltara

18. Faerieland

I almost agree with you, but im positive DC wont fall back to 7th next year.

In fact, switch DC with KL, and the probably KL with TY.

Other than that though... I think Moltara, Shenkuu and Terror Mountain could do a little better

Other than that though... I think Moltara, Shenkuu and Terror Mountain could do a little better

I think DC will fall back a little, sorta like 6th or 5th.

Here are my Altador Cup VIII Pre-Cup Predictions

Champion Ship Bracket

1st. Meridell

2nd. Mystery Island

3rd. Kwark Island

4th. Darigan Citedeal

Tier Two

5th. Lost Desert

6th. Marquarua

7th. Kreuldor

8th. BrightVille

Tier Three

9th. Tyrainna

10th. Kiko Lake

11th. VitruPets

12th. Moltara

Tier Fourth

13th. Shenkuu

14th. Roo Island

15th. Terror Mountain

16th. Altador

Constation Bracket

17th. Haunted Woods

18th. Faerie Land

What do Think Kreuldor Will Fall

TNT will probably rig it in some way to make DC 7th again.

I think KL will go to a podium position because of Stealth.

I put Moltara at 17th because they have a tendency to lose steam as the cup goes on.

I think Shenkuu will probably stay around there as there isn't any news about them right now and same for Terror Mountain

Here are my Altador Cup VIII Pre-Cup Predictions

Champion Ship Bracket

1st. Meridell

2nd. Mystery Island

3rd. Kwark Island

4th. Darigan Citedeal

Tier Two

5th. Lost Desert

6th. Marquarua

7th. Kreuldor

8th. BrightVille

Tier Three

9th. Tyrainna

10th. Kiko Lake

11th. VitruPets

12th. Moltara

Tier Fourth

13th. Shenkuu

14th. Roo Island

15th. Terror Mountain

16th. Altador

Constation Bracket

17th. Haunted Woods

18th. Faerie Land

What do Think Kreuldor Will Fall

I dont think that RI and Shenkuu will stay in the 4th bracket. I think they should at least be in third bracket or maybe,probably not, in the low second. I think that Moltara will keep 15th and BT will fall to the fourth bracket.

• 5 months later...

My pre-season prediction is:

Champions Bracket:

1. Krawk Island

2. Maraqua

3. Darigan Citadel

4. Meridell

Others:

5. Tyrannia

6. Lost Desert

7. Mystery Island

8. Kreludor

9. Kiko Lake

10. Roo Island

11. Haunted Woods

12. Shenkuu

13. Virtupets

14. Brightvale

15. Terror Mountain

16. Moltara

17. Altador

18. Faerieland

Basically that is my prediction it sorta changed. *To Be Continued*

Or maybe this, this my update to my update:

1. Krawk island ( we gonna lose freeloaders for sure, and I'm being bais)

2. Maraqua ( They are awesome, and will I think lose freeloaderz, but this might be far-fetched)

3. Meridell (they are really goodbut I don't think they have enough)

4. Lost Desert ( they are usually top of 2nd group in finals, but I think DC will be here but they never share top 4 with KI, so we'll see)

5. Darigan Citadel: ( again I think they will make 4th but they neva share top 4 with KI)

6. Mystery Island ( on the rise, but that will stop soon, really soon)

7. Kiko Lake ( they are rising up, but I don't think they'll get any higher then this )

8. Kreludor ( Winners Curse )

9. Haunted Woods (underestimated, best team not recently in top 7 team in the cup)

10. Tyrannia (best team when it comes to side games, but that is not enough)

11. Roo Island (winners curse, still keeps hitting, I think)

12. Shenkuu ( I didn't understand there fall, so I have nothing to say)

13. Virtupets ( bottom feeders, and bottom dwellers, just keepin it real)

14. Terror Mountain (they were good in SOSD, and I think theh will do it again, so thats y they arent last)

15. Brightvale ( not..... *sigh* )

16. Moltara ( they are slowly rising, but I think they go down once in DRR)

17. Altador (not good, not improving, no progress)

18. Faerieland ( they made it clear last year that they don't want it so bad )

So there you go... thats the update.... for now Krawk Island is my winners....*To Be Continued, maybe*

On a different bracket here are mine

1st MD ( Obviously)

2nd DC ( Typical darigain)

3rd LD or KI ( LD and KI are awesome so i really cant decide between these two. If i can choose of course i would choose LD but i think KI i stronger)

4th LD or KI ( Well the top says it all)

5th MQ ( bracket wise, they ruled the cup and with a new bracket they can kick in this cup.)

6th KD ( The curse will strike again)

7th Tyrannia ( An ok team, a ok place)

8th MI

9th KL

10th VP

11th RI

12th TM

13th SK

14th HW

15th MT ( getting better one step at a time)

16th: BV ( I don't know about this one but others seem better)

17th AL ( same ol' altador)

18th FL

Hope you like :)

I am actually changing my predictions.

1) Meridell (if [Removed] stays, I heard they might join a smaller team.)

2) Maraqua (Its their turn :P )

3) Kiko Lake (They got it)

4) Krawk Island

5) Darigan Citadel

6) Mystery Island

7) Lost Desert

8) Roo Island

9) Tyrannia

10) Kreludor

11) Virtuepets

12) Shenkuu

13) Terror Mountain

14) Brightvale

15) Moltara

16) Altador

17) Haunted Woods

18) Faerieland

*for meridell. I heard Team [Removed], the cheating team might not join Meridell and join some other team to prove winner's curse wrong. :O I am unsure just browsed some Altador Cup stuff. Also the reason I put RI for 8th was because they said they might join it. :O

I don't rank them.

• KD will fall due to the winner's curse.
  • Unless they get more All-Stars, MI will fall a lot.
  • SOTAC joins MD and helps them continue to be beastly.
  • DC and KI will continue to be DC and KI. These teams are never going to finish below 2nd tier.
  • Crazy prediction time: STEALTH joins KL and helps them win ACVIII
  • HW falls to 4th tier, because the Law of Averages will strike them harder than it did the Detroit Lions this past NFL season.
  • RI breaks into the low second tier.
  • VP will make a bit of a comeback, but I don't see them higher than 2nd tier.
  • SK finishes in last place.

• 3 months later...