Altador cup VIII Pre-cup predictions

I know it's really early for pre-cup predictions, but gave it a try. Feel free to agree or disagree. Remember though, I may change my predictions considering we still have a whole year before ACVIII starts. So yeah, here you go :D

Oh, and there's two teams I'm really really not sure of. It's SK and TM. Right now, I'm thinking about switching they're spots, 14th to SK and 16th to TM. And also about MT.... agh!! So much predictions not sure of. Oh well, stay tuned for V2 which will come out in the next few months. Or maybe even next year :P

http://www.neopets.c...rrl_genius_6958

The Shenkuu Elders Council decided in a very top-secret meeting , that if next year's AC cup won't change its system , then Shenkuu is withdrawing from the competition. Mirsha is reported to have had a nervous breakdown after playing so well in the competition and is currently spending some time alone in the misty mountains to recover her mental and spiritual health.

The Shenkuu Elders Council decided in a very top-secret meeting , that if next year's AC cup won't change its system , then Shenkuu is withdrawing from the competition. Mirsha is reported to have had a nervous breakdown after playing so well in the competition and is currently spending some time alone in the misty mountains to recover her mental and spiritual health.

:0 The brackets should change, cause if the format changes, I'm totally putting SK on a higher position. But if the bracket still stays the same, I'll still put them higher, I'm already re thinking it. :)

:O The brackets should change, cause if it doesn't, it's gonna be bad for SK, although I'm still going to put them higher though, I'm already thinking about it. But if it does change, I'm putting them MUCH higher. And I'm also going to put teams like MQ, KI, higher? I don't know, we just have to wait and see :)

Even though I know that Shenku will not finish in last next year, I predict that they will continue their spiral down the ranks to either 17th in front of Farieland. Or on the other hand Sheku will go up the ranks 13th at highest. This is only because Shenku is losing more and more both all-stars and steam each year.

Not necessarily. Shenkuu had the hardest schedule in the Altador Cup. We had to face ALL of the top 8 teams at least once, and we never got to play VP, AL, FL, or MT, all teams I think we could have beaten. We would not have finished 16th with the old system, and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

If we were getting pushed around by the few lower tier teams we DID face, I'd agree. But really, we weren't. We only lost three times to teams in the bottom 8, and neither of those losses were anything I would consider dominant. Plus, two of those losses were to RI, and I consider them a high 3rd tier team.

I'm joking around when I say SK for 18th, but in reality, I think 10th or 11th is more realistic. But it all depends on the system TNT switches to, because they WILL change it. It would anger too many people if they kept it the same.

And no, we're not losing All-Stars. At least, not according to this All-Star list: http://www.neopets.com/~Jake_the_explorer576

Actually, according to that list, we had MORE All-Stars this year than last. And I know nearly everyone on this list. A few people said they might change, but for the most part, no one's going anywhere.

Edited by idriya

Even though I know that Shenku will not finish in last next year, I predict that they will continue their spiral down the ranks to either 17th in front of Farieland. Or on the other hand Sheku will go up the ranks 13th at highest. This is only because Shenku is losing more and more both all-stars and steam each year.

That could be a great prediction,and maybe even correct,hmm,Shenkuu could finish in 16-9.

Not necessarily. Shenkuu had the hardest schedule in the Altador Cup. We had to face ALL of the top 8 teams at least once, and we never got to play VP, AL, FL, or MT, all teams I think we could have beaten. We would not have finished 16th with the old system, and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

If we were getting pushed around by the few lower tier teams we DID face, I'd agree. But really, we weren't. We only lost three times to teams in the bottom 8, and neither of those losses were anything I would consider dominant. Plus, two of those losses were to RI, and I consider them a high 3rd tier team.

I'm joking around when I say SK for 18th, but in reality, I think 10th or 11th is more realistic. But it all depends on the system TNT switches to, because they WILL change it. It would anger too many people if they kept it the same.

And no, we're not losing All-Stars. At least, not according to this All-Star list: http://www.neopets.c...the_explorer576

Actually, according to that list, we had MORE All-Stars this year than last. And I know nearly everyone on this list. A few people said they might change, but for the most part, no one's going anywhere.

I know Shenku will not do as bad as Faerieland but I think that next year since TNT is going to continue the brackets the highest I see for Shenku is 13th because the bracket system is UNFAIR to them. That is the only reason why I placed them so low. I do not think that TNT will stop being biased to teams and stop jigging the tournament.

I know Shenku will not do as bad as Faerieland but I think that next year since TNT is going to continue the brackets the highest I see for Shenku is 13th because the bracket system is UNFAIR to them. That is the only reason why I placed them so low. I do not think that TNT will stop being biased to teams and stop jigging the tournament.

Also even if Shenku is gaining all-stars, more people play AC now that before, so of course it will gain All-stars but not as much as other teams.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Actually, I think TNT is going to change the system next year. Like I said, too many people would be angry if they kept the system the same. As to what they change it to... I have no idea. Also, the bracket system is unfair to everyone, not just Shenkuu. Your own team had a very difficult schedule, for example. And Darigan got cheated out of a shot at the podium, because they played Kreludor a lot.

Shenkuu had an unfortunate schedule due to bad luck, but something I learned from watching RL sports, especially baseball and hockey: luck has the tendency to even out. ;)

"Jigging" the tournament? o_O If you're suggested the AC is rigged, well... it probably isn't. Rigging the Cup would just take more work, and TNT has absolutely nothing to gain from rigging the Altador Cup.

Also even if Shenku is gaining all-stars, more people play AC now that before, so of course it will gain All-stars but not as much as other teams.

Actually, there are fewer people playing the Cup than ever before, since the site has seen a very sharp drop in users. And how do you know SK is lagging behind other teams as far as that All-Stars goes? If anything, I think the only teams that have more All-Stars than us are Darigan, Krawk Island, Maraqua, and MAYBE Lost Desert. Kreludor, too, if you count SOTAC.

Actually, I think TNT is going to change the system next year. Like I said, too many people would be angry if they kept the system the same. As to what they change it to... I have no idea. Also, the bracket system is unfair to everyone, not just Shenkuu. Your own team had a very difficult schedule, for example. And Darigan got cheated out of a shot at the podium, because they played Kreludor a lot.

Shenkuu had an unfortunate schedule due to bad luck, but something I learned from watching RL sports, especially baseball and hockey: luck has the tendency to even out. ;)

"Jigging" the tournament? o_O If you're suggested the AC is rigged, well... it probably isn't. Rigging the Cup would just take more work, and TNT has absolutely nothing to gain from rigging the Altador Cup.

Actually, there are fewer people playing the Cup than ever before, since the site has seen a very sharp drop in users. And how do you know SK is lagging behind other teams as far as that All-Stars goes? If anything, I think the only teams that have more All-Stars than us are Darigan, Krawk Island, Maraqua, and MAYBE Lost Desert. Kreludor, too, if you count SOTAC.

Ok I was just saying what I learned from other sites.

Thanks for all the good reviews guys! And don't forget to check back for my version 2 predictions. I'm doing A LOT of changes there. But it'll probably come in December :P

And yes, it was unfair to a lot of teams. I really wish TNT would change the system :/

I still don't understand how Kiko Lake got second place in the 4th bracket, Shenkuu for example had a much much much better record in the 4th bracket, kiko lake had zero yyb wins where shenkuu had I believe 3 or so and kiko lake got swept at least once maybe twice. I looked at the results side by side (comparing just the 4th bracket kiko lake was in) and we should of been last or second to last in that bracket not 2nd. IMO TNT messed up and it should of been Shenkuu that got second in that bracket and thus the points associated with that. I'm a Kiko Lake all-star so I'm not a sour grapes shenkuu player.

I still don't understand how Kiko Lake got second place in the 4th bracket, Shenkuu for example had a much much much better record in the 4th bracket, kiko lake had zero yyb wins where shenkuu had I believe 3 or so and kiko lake got swept at least once maybe twice. I looked at the results side by side (comparing just the 4th bracket kiko lake was in) and we should of been last or second to last in that bracket not 2nd. IMO TNT messed up and it should of been Shenkuu that got second in that bracket and thus the points associated with that. I'm a Kiko Lake all-star so I'm not a sour grapes shenkuu player.

That is the main reason everyone was complaining, the brackets were never fair to anyone. It helped teams like HW, MI, and MD, but did not help SK, RI, DC, and other teams. If it were the old format, SK would be much higher than 16th.

No, LD should have been second in that bracket, then RI, then SK.

KL is second in that bracket, it's assumed, because they did so well in the first half of the tournament, and their cushion was big enough that they could have lost a few times, and it wouldn't have mattered. It's thought that the number of points you accumulate carries over to the next. Hence HW suddenly jumping to 4th in the 3rd bracket. They had a VERY easy 2nd bracket.

That is the main reason everyone was complaining, the brackets were never fair to anyone. It helped teams like HW, MI, and MD, but did not help SK, RI, DC, and other teams. If it were the old format, SK would be much higher than 16th.

Yes Shenku should have placed like 12th.

I'm going to assume Kreludor free-falls from grace like all former winners, Mystery Island will probably lose STEALTH and some All-Stars who fear freeloaders so they will probably fall. Meridell may gain SOTAC and keep Neo[Removed] (last I checked they were choosing where to go already and staying with MD was an option that was liked, although they did mention maybe Faerieland or Altador). STEALTH could try Kiko Lake fully this time which would make them extremely difficult, an already good at sides team with extra YYB power? Deadly.

The problem is we don't know what tournament style TNT would do, if they get enough negative reaction they may scrap the brackets entirely or work to fix them. Or they could just say "Darts pick the winners" and you'd only play for prize points.

Pre-Cup/Pre-Style Known Predictions:

1. Meridell (with SOTAC/Neo[Removed])

2. Kiko Lake (with STEALTH)

3. Maraqua (MI's All-Stars)

4. Tyrannia (I think the fact that they upset the top 2 teams and their side record will attract players)

5. Darigan Citadel

6. Krawk Island

7. Lost Desert

8. Roo Island

9. Kreludor

10. Virtupets

11. Mystery Island

12. Brightvale

13. Terror Mountain

14. Shenkuu

15. Moltara

16. Haunted Woods

17. Altador

18. Faerieland

Now, if they do brackets, then my predictions are Meridell to win it and be #1 for at least 3 brackets (maybe 4) and the remaining 17 to shuffle tremendously as a strong team gets forced behind Meridell in 2 brackets.

I'm going to assume Kreludor free-falls from grace like all former winners, Mystery Island will probably lose STEALTH and some All-Stars who fear freeloaders so they will probably fall. Meridell may gain SOTAC and keep Neo[Removed] (last I checked they were choosing where to go already and staying with MD was an option that was liked, although they did mention maybe Faerieland or Altador). STEALTH could try Kiko Lake fully this time which would make them extremely difficult, an already good at sides team with extra YYB power? Deadly.

The problem is we don't know what tournament style TNT would do, if they get enough negative reaction they may scrap the brackets entirely or work to fix them. Or they could just say "Darts pick the winners" and you'd only play for prize points.

4. Tyrannia (I think the fact that they upset the top 2 teams and their side record will attract players)

5. Darigan Citadel

6. Krawk Island

7. Lost Desert

8. Roo Island

9. Kreludor

10. Virtupets

11. Mystery Island

12. Brightvale

13. Terror Mountain

14. Shenkuu

15. Moltara

16. Haunted Woods

17. Altador

18. Faerieland

Now, if they do brackets, then my predictions are Meridell to win it and be #1 for at least 3 brackets (maybe 4) and the remaining 17 to shuffle tremendously as a strong team gets forced behind Meridell in 2 brackets.

Really? I thought STEALTH would join them for at least one more year? Wow, that really changes up my predictions. Guess I have to write them in my V2 predictions. Sad though for MI. :(

5. Darigan Citadel

6. Krawk Island

7. Lost Desert

8. Roo Island

9. Kreludor

10. Virtupets

11. Mystery Island

12. Brightvale

13. Terror Mountain

14. Shenkuu

15. Moltara

16. Haunted Woods

17. Altador

18. Faerieland

I think this is pretty accurate. I doubt STEALTH or SOTAC will stick with the same team for another year though, they tend to hop around. Though looking at the Neo[Removed] boards, most are agreeing to stay with Meridell. I'm not sure if Mystery Island will be able to hold up First Tier status if the system changes again. Only time will tell.

Does anyone have an sort of explanation or reasoning for HW's tremendous fall from grace? I didn't expect them to do well, but I did not expect them to do as bad as this year (based on wins, even though we came 9th.)

For the most part, I think it's because a ton of freeloaders joined HW after ACII expecting them to do well, and HW just hasn't been able to recover since.

There's probably more to it than that, but I don't know.

My Predictions for Altador Cup VIII

Teams with no explanation with a parentheses are unknown locations

1st: Meridell (Neo[Removed] + One of the All-Star Groups)

2nd:Darigan Citadel (Being themselves...)

3th: Lost Desert (Loyal Members)

4th: Krawk Island (Being themselves... )

5th: Maraqua (Loyal Members)

6th: Kreludor (Victors Curse)

7th: Mystery Island (Freeloaders)

8th Kiko Lake (SOTAC leaves, A smaller All-Star group will join them)

9th: Shenkuu (TNT messed them up.)

10th: Roo Island

11th: Virtupets

12th: Brightvale

13th: Terror Mountain

14th: Haunted Woods

15th: Tyrannia

16th: Moltara ( Made it out of the Constellation Bracket, Staying at the bottom of the 4th Bracket)

17th: Altador (Do i even have to explain this one?)

18th: Faerieland (Too many Freeloaders...)

5. Darigan Citadel

6. Krawk Island

7. Lost Desert

8. Roo Island

9. Kreludor

10. Virtupets

11. Mystery Island

12. Brightvale

13. Terror Mountain

14. Shenkuu

15. Moltara

16. Haunted Woods

17. Altador

18. Faerieland

I think that these are good predictions unless the brackets are messed up again. ;)

I am thinking that Kreludor will gain "Winners Curse". Meridell will probably gain the allstars to do good with freeloaders. I predict major rises for Tyrannia and Maraqua. Shenku and Roo Island will probably go up a few spots while Haunted Woods and Mystery Island will go down in the ranks.

1. Meridell ( because many are saying SOTAC will join them).

2.Maraqua (gain some allstars from kreludor and mystery island).

3.Tyrannia (gain some allstars from kreludor and mystery island).

4. Krawk Island (lose plenty of freeloaders).

5. Darigan Citadel (will gain both freeloaders and all stars)

6.Kiko Lake (will lose STEALTH but gain all stars)

7.Roo Island (will not gain freeloaders improved in SS and MSN this year. Just have to work on YYB and SOSD. This team also tens to jump through the rankings.

8. Lost Desert(might gain freeloaders).

9. Mystery Island (will gain a lot of freeloaders and lose a lot of all stars in fear.)

10.Kreludor (Winners Curse)

11.Virtuepets (will improve but slowly)

12. Shenku (will improve)

13.Terror Mountain (only placed 11th because of brackets. will go down.)

14. Brighhtvale (always messes up at the end)

15. Moltara (stay steady and go up the ranks.)

16. Haunted Woods (...... their performance)

17. Altador ( stronger than faerieland.

18. Faerieland (not so good team because of many freeloaders. They tend to be younger age who think they are cute.)