What's your Achievement today?

Raichi

On 8/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Secre said:

I took slight breaks whenever I ran out of moves

Those are a total godsend, aren't they! xD

Imagine my horror when I first realised you only get 3 pauses in that game 馃槯

On 8/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Secre said:

As neopets has been glitching with no service errors, I was dreading sending the score only to be told to try again!!

Everyone's nightmare! Neo has so many ways of triggering cold sweats, hahaha. Though the main one's ALWAYS gonna be getting an NM from TNT. lol.gif Doesn't matter how much of an angel you are, THAT will always generate an immediate split-second terror respond wondering what you've done wrong. TNT is basically engendering the same kind of reactions as despots and tyrants. lol.gif

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Those are a total godsend, aren't they! xD

Imagine my horror when I first realised you only get 3 pauses in that game 馃槯

Everyone's nightmare! Neo has so many ways if triggering cold sweats, hahaha. Though the main one's ALWAYS gonna be getting an NM from TNT. lol.gif Doesn't matter how much of an angel you are, THAT will always generate an immediate split-second terror respond wondering what you've done wrong. TNT is basically engendering the same kind of reactions as despots and tyrants. lol.gif

You can pause the game!?? How!!?? I did not realise this!!

And yes. Every time I get a neomail from TNT, my heart stops for a micro beat even when I know I haven't done anything wrong!! I nearly always forget that I've submitted something or forgotten to accept a gift on a side as well so I never know what it's about until I click!

41 minutes ago, Secre said:

You can pause the game!?? How!!?? I did not realise this!!

Click on the hourglass. :D

I pause it while I type in the time cheat and just start it up again before hitting the final e. A trick learnt from the JN guide I suspect, I'd not have figured that out for myself ^o^;;

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Click on the hourglass. :D

I pause it while I type in the time cheat and just start it up again before hitting the final e. A trick learnt from the JN guide I suspect, I'd not have figured that out for myself ^o^;;

I knew about the cheat code but figured it would take as much time to type it as you'd get from it so never bothered, You learn something new every day!!

10 minutes ago, Secre said:

I knew about the cheat code but figured it would take as much time to type it as you'd get from it so never bothered, You learn something new every day!!

Yeah exactly, lol. Unless you're some super-human who can touch-type with one hand whilst accurately playing a game with the other. 馃槯 and if anyone can do that I suspect they'd not need time cheats in the first place!

Ah, makes me think of another one that I had a major facepalm.gif moment about! Typing all but the last letter of doughnutfruit in during the 3...2...1... countdown at the beginning of Hasee Bounce.

Yay for the people who had these brainwaves already, and for JN for sharing them!

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah exactly, lol. Unless you're some super-human who can touch-type with one hand whilst accurately playing a game with the other. 馃槯 and if anyone can do that I suspect they'd not need time cheats in the first place!

Ah, makes me think of another one that I had a major facepalm.gif moment about! Typing all but the last letter of doughnutfruit in during the 3...2...1... countdown at the beginning of Hasee Bounce.

Yay for the people who had these brainwaves already, and for JN for sharing them!

I am definitely not that person!! For someone who has spent so long playing games I didn't know about hardly any of the cheats. I only recently found out about kingaltador in Crisis Courier and lumiwatergun in The Usul Suspects as well!!

I didn't get the trophy in the end which is a shame. Four other people have knocked me off the podium so I'm in number 21. Worth remembering for next month though... as I could likely have got a higher score if I'd been able to boost my time at the end!!

1 minute ago, Angel贸 said:

Last minute of Half-Price Day

Sweet deal if you ask me聽

:D

Well done!!

Finally!! It was聽frustrating, tedious and time consuming.聽Now I have the trophy I will never play NQI on insane mode again!
Now to go for the NQII insane trophy! I'm actually looking forward to it since I find NQII much more enjoyable.聽

NQI Insane trophy.png

I feel like I've been chasing this gold trophy for years and now I'm so close only to be hit by a score review!! In fact, I have been chasing it for years - it was one of the games I used to play well into the night as a teenager!! I'm currently at silver and it will be just my luck that several others are being reviewed at the same time who will pip me to the post... again!!

image.png.43ecc03484953ed6d42d6183c4e89c78.png

EDIT: OW WOW! That must be a record!

image.png.e77d298868eec237e6fb2198b86975a6.png

And I'm still in Gold for the moment! Admittedly, that may change by end of play today!!

4 hours ago, protego_totalum16 said:

Finally!! It was聽frustrating, tedious and time consuming.聽Now I have the trophy I will never play NQI on insane mode again!
Now to go for the NQII insane trophy! I'm actually looking forward to it since I find NQII much more enjoyable.聽

Congratulations! That;s a huge achievement!! I'm currently wading through NQ II on Evil... and have been for years!!

Edited by Secre
Response from TNT

YASSS!!!!

image.png.9da7cff55a945afe47227aeb7c83e165.png

It;s only taken me something like a decade to get that trophy!!

Today's achievement is I am finally off the first map(!!) in NQ II Evil Mode! I might see if I can use this month to cane it as the score ratios are pretty awful on my usual games1!!

After having聽upgraded from Bronze to Silver late last month, I got聽my Gwyl's Great Escape trophy rank upgraded from Silver to Gold as today's achievement. Here's my 9th Neopets gold trophy to add to the rack:

668_1.gif

3 hours ago, Kyubey said:

After having聽upgraded from Bronze to Silver late last month, I got聽my Gwyl's Great Escape trophy rank upgraded from Silver to Gold as today's achievement. Here's my 9th Neopets game trophy to add to the rack:

668_1.gif

Well done! I'm awful at that game and rarely make 600!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 6:42 AM, jellysundae said:

ive been doing the same with the 'piecrust' cheat from carnival of terror! you type everything but the 't' during the first few seconds of the game before the clowns start showing up.

i suppose i should get back on trying to get that avatar, im only 9 points off

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

ive been doing the same with the 'piecrust' cheat from carnival of terror! you type everything but the 't' during the first few seconds of the game before the clowns start showing up.

i suppose i should get back on trying to get that avatar, im only 9 points off

Good luck!

*shudders at the mere thought of playing that game* X'D

I didn't do too badly at the original version, but I'm seriously bad at the current version. 馃槄

Finally, he can get his forever petpet the Hegie!!

image.png.b9851cb31ed786e329f57a324578edb3.png

And I realised I'd missed another clickable!!

image.png.e5d37a512c1de4a28eec1e6bc82dac33.png

I've attached a Harris to my one pet without a long time petpet to get that avatar whilst I wait to try and trade my Snow Yooyu!

I was inspired by the "Splat-A-Sloth group effort" board and got 500 for the first time earlier this month. Against all odds, I managed to get the bronze trophy after getting pushed up 50 slots! Hopefully I can eventually get gold聽馃

If anyone here hasn't got the trophy yet, check out the board on #23!

image.png.87292f56d1e14b55c27c0f5a56b52fe4.png