What's your Achievement today?

Raichi

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

i havent noticed this before but apparently i got a tax beast bronze trophy

i remember him attaking me lately but he took 10% of my np  on hand which was like 30k .. i didnt think it was a big deal ...

does the amount accumulate and add up if he attacked a second time ? 

Third place at Tax Beast!!

I think tax beast always takes 10%, and I don't think it accumulates, it's like a game score, highest amount in one go.  So, you just had had the most NP out on hand when he had attacked so far that month. As Jelly said, it's not like people were trying for the trophy.

my score is 39,318

apparently it's enough for a trophy .. i checked the hi-score table and people with 30k have a second or third place trophy .. so it's either he's not hitting enough people or Neopians are getting poorer and have less NP on hand ...

(the gold trophy is between 300-400k and i think that's not a huge amount if u're rich enough) 

There's a separate hi-score table for the Angry Tax Beast who's red and takes 25% of your NP *gasp*

*I kicked his butt enough times in the Battledome to collect codestone that will make up for those 39,318 NP and then some more ... :cigar:

21 minutes ago, Angeló said:

my score is 39,318

apparently it's enough for a trophy .. i checked the hi-score table and people with 30k have a second or third place trophy .. so it's either he's not hitting enough people or Neopians are getting poorer and have less NP on hand ...

(the gold trophy is between 300-400k and i think that's not a huge amount if u're rich enough) 

There's a separate hi-score table for the Angry Tax Beast who's red and takes 25% of your NP *gasp*

*I kicked his butt enough times in the Battledome to collect codestone that will make up for those 39,318 NP and then some more ... :cigar:

That last line . . . xD

Maybe people are wising up now? Considering how your average Neopian is an adult these days, we probably hold onto our money better, tucking it away in the bank rather than leaving it in our virtual pockets. :laugh:

Though I am tempted to throw caution to the wind and wander about with big wads of cash on hand on the first of the month now, just to see if I can net myself a trophy. :ph34r:

Oh, yeah, I typically keep between 1-2k on hand.  If I'm doing my FC bets, I'll have 100k out for that.  Yesterday, I was buying a lot of presents, so I had up to maybe 250-300k out at a time (I was mostly taking out 100k at a time, and getting more when I needed.)  When I get my FC winnings, I might have a few hundred k, depending on how good it was to me that day.  Same with a stock maturing.  But I generally put those right back in the bank.  I don't wander around with a lot of cash in my pocket.  In real life or neo!

My achievement so far today is starting a loaf of bread to go with my soup.  Considering it's 40 degrees and raining, that might be about all the achievement I get unless you count sitting on the couch under a comforter reading and refreshing neopets chat boards (here and my guild).

I got the Mutant Graveyard of Doom II avatar today. It didn't take as long as I expected once I actually read the guide and figured out how to squash the enemies. My high score previously had been 400 something. Note to self- make sure I understand how to play a game before I give up on it for months!

I remembered how to alter the URL to get the bargain Stocks page to display without having to go check the boards :D

neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&search=%&bargain=true

Adding that bolded bit in there, was TOTALLY impressed with myself about that! :dance:

Got the Sway Avie and Site Theme :) Now I just need Awakened  and I'm all done with the Obelisk Avies and Site Themes woot-woot!

22 minutes ago, Err said:

I won the Poetry Competition for my Wocky Day poem! So happy!! ^^

Congrats! 

So did I! And I was awarded with a Kauvaras Potion, apparently worth about 1m, yay!

14 hours ago, Err said:

I won the Poetry Competition for my Wocky Day poem! So happy!! ^^

14 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Congrats! 

So did I! And I was awarded with a Kauvaras Potion, apparently worth about 1m, yay!

Well congratulations ladies!!

A nice extra festive gift for you both from TNT. :D

after spending about 1.4m on kelp i finally got the avatar! i'm at 295 avatars now, which i think is good for a five-month account :)

also i'm at 7.2m now, which i think is roughly 10% of shenkuu stamp collector. going to try to get to it before i hit a year. could be cool to get a second stamp avatar before then

Well, this happened today. I actually leaned back from my screen in surprise when I saw it; had to do a double take.

image.png.35f411a0208c01df60eb40adf890648e.png

I also hit 40mil just yesterday. ^_^ 

I've been on a bit of a roll today! Managed to obtain 4 avatars (Chocolate, Imposter Apple, Spacerocked and Nimmo's Pond) and entered the Storytelling Contest for the first time. Going to see if I can possibly manage one more game avatar for #245 ^^ yay for today!!

Been working on some trophies because for the first time in my NeoLife that's something I've been interested in. I just didn't know about a lot of the non-flash games that award trophies not just for high scores! So I had some fun playing Snow Wars today and worked up to the bronze trophy, might try for silver/gold later. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Typing Terror CHAMPION!!!
Typing Terror CHAMPION!!!

Third place at Mop
Third place at 
Mop 'n' Bop!!

It was a successful reset day for me! I hardly ever try for any trophies, but I'm glad I finally got to upgrade my Typing Terror from bronze, and increased my HS in Mop 'n' Bop by 2000 points thanks to this extremely helpful guide. I'm going to keep practicing and try to upgrade to silver or gold in the next month or two.  

EDIT: And as of 1/4, this is my achievement~

Something Has Happened!
magax.gif You are now eligible to use 'Magax: Destroyer' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Today I had a major DOH! as I finally realised that the decent wearable items that you see in the Thrifte Shoppe are donated by NPCs

facepalm.gif

All this time and I'd not twigged; you'd have thought that names like Hubrid, Prince Jazan and Princess Amira would have been a teensie little clue, wouldn't you!

:laugh:

So that's my achievement. xD

I got a reward for ending up in the Holiday issue of the Neopian Times: a White Paint Brush!

It was really cool since I wasn't expecting to get anything at all. I feel a little weird about selling it, but I don't think I would have used it on any of my pets, so the money is much appreciated!

… is this still an achievement if I technically didn't do anything today, I just got the item today? :~p

BabyStarPlatinum just defeated my friend's Level 14 Baby Shoyru.

I am a proud mommy.

This! Wow!

2.png
Woohoo!

Congratulations! Tatofase now has increased Endurance!!!

*** SUPER BONUS - You went up 4 points!! ***