I don't know if I should play next year anymore...

Cassia

Seriously, just ignore idiots like that. They are probably just trolling because they are bored. People still need to have a life outside of neo, like others on this topic have said they were either just plain rude thinking they are better than everyone else, or just bored and want to get a reaction. It is only a game and some take it way too seriously.

Don't worry about it :) and if you want to play next year, then do :D!

I didn't even *understand* how to play last year. I had a beginner rank and I think I had maybe 5 YYB scores sent in? Work was crazy, I thought you could only send in the 3 scores that got you NP, and it was craaaazy hard for me to use the controls. This year, my commute dropped to almost 0 (compared to the 4 hours I was doing last year -- FOURS HOURS of driving to and from work...), and my husband volunteered to make dinner so I could play. That's the only reason I reached my goal of All-Star.

Who is that person to tell you anything like that? If your intention was never "Oh, I'm going to join this team so I can say I supported the winning team even though I didn't do anything," then that person has no right to talk to you. And even if that WAS what you were thinking, that person still has no right to be rude to you for trying to participate the best you could.

Honestly, I avoid the Neopets Forums like the plague. I started playing in college about 8 or 9 years ago (man, I wish I could get access to that account!) and the people there were mean and unhelpful. I took a loooong break after my 3rd year and only started playing again last year, with a new account. When I try to go to the forums for help with things I don't understand, I find the navigation confusing and honestly, the enormity of everything a little overwhelming. Finding the TDN forums has been a godsend. The people here are friendly and helpful, everything is well organized and easily accessed, and really, my best advice is to ignore whatever the rabble-rousers are trying to do over there. Stay here in the calmness for all your Neopets needs.

I agree with everyone else that you are not a freeloader and that person is a jerk. As someone that visited the WAM boards occasionally, I'm glad you reported them. I mostly popped onto the boards in the morning to see if any help was needed, but I was there enough to know that a good number of users there had ranks in the 5-7 range. Whoever harassed you just wanted someone to pick on. Also, everyone that I've talked to there has been very nice, even last year when I only played Slushie Slinger like three days. The person that sent those neomails definitely isn't the majority, and I'd guess that it is the same no matter which team you join.

Also, I'm pretty sure on neopets being harassed should be something to be proud of. If this is your first time, you'll have a story to throw into the ring when users are comparing harassment stories. The last time I was harassed it involved sockpuppets, and I was ecstatic. It made my day that someone, who lives in a whole other time zone, invented a brother just to threaten me. Try to consider it a mark of pride. Don't let some bully ruin things for you.

Awww thanks everyone! Wow, the amount of encouragement you guys are giving me is amazing :) I feel a lot better, and I guess now, after I've had a day to kinda think things through, I understand where the user was coming from, even though it wasn't exactly very nice of them to take out their frustration at me. Thank you everyone, for helping me to realize that rank isn't everything!

you played really well ... Rank 5 is not easy to achieve ...

don't mind the idiots ... they act like they're better than others just 'cuz they have more time to play ...

personally i don't go to the Neoboards at all ... avoid the drama

you played really well ... Rank 5 is not easy to achieve ...

don't mind the idiots ... they act like they're better than others just 'cuz they have more time to play ...

personally i don't go to the Neoboards at all ... avoid the drama

Thanks! I only recently started to this year, and since it was the AC, I thought, "Hey, why not..."

Guess I'll just stick to TDN for a while...people are MUCH nicer...

Thanks! I only recently started to this year, and since it was the AC, I thought, "Hey, why not..."

Guess I'll just stick to TDN for a while...people are MUCH nicer...

I'm with you on that. o.o Anytime I venture onto the boards (aside from the Help Chat, they're all okay!) I am shocked by how rude everyone is. It's just not cool.

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for you next year during the AC. :)

I don't understand how playing less will bring down the team. Playing less is better than playing none, right.

Beside, if there is one team that have only 10 people all reach all star. And another with 1,000,000 people reaching level 5, who do you think gonna win?

I think it would be wiser for those people to appreciated the fact that there are more people on their team instead of harassing them and send them to another team.

PS I was a total freeloader the first two years 'cause after around 10 games of playing yuyooball and mostly got the score 0-0, I despaired and decided to forget it. (And I got gold cup for the first year, too. And I didn't feel a bit guilty.) Third year I wised up and read some guide on how to play and got level 10.