Nail Art

complicatedwishes

Cute colour combo! Sometimes silver can be a little overpowering on its own, and it looks great with pink.

I just got my ORLY package and Fyrinnea packages in the mail today... so much sparkly funness

I don't know how well you can see this thanks to my camera but these are my current nails:

ScreenShot2012-09-24at83534PM.png

Ooh, that looks great! I also like the color combination!

Cute colour combo! Sometimes silver can be a little overpowering on its own, and it looks great with pink.

I just got my ORLY package and Fyrinnea packages in the mail today... so much sparkly funness

I LOVE Fyrinnae! They make my favorite eyeshadows, I swear they do. They're so much fun! As to Seche, yeah, I've tried that, and that doesn't even help. When I was blogging I did a basic experiment for quick dry top coats, and some of my other blogging friends have as well. I think what happens is that like scents, different things work for different people. I always loved Clinique Happy but it smells atrocious on me - it smells amazing on so many people! Same thing goes for Seche. So if Seche doesn't work for someone, I can usually recommend the ones I've tried that might be an alternative. I wish it would work for me, it's easy to obtain, it dries like lightening, and so glossy! Shrinkage is just no bueno.

I went to Kmart the other day and FINALLY got the one Jordana glitter I was wanting, the copper color. So I haven't changed my red nails, they're driving me mad at this point - I'll be switching to Revlon Royal with that copper glitter. I adore blue and copper together! I'll show you guys - it'll probably be Monday. :D

IMG_0543450x338_zpsba2cd06c.jpg

IMG_0540450x338_zpsbe5c60fd.jpg

IMG_0539450x338_zpsbeb9ce46.jpg

Okay like mother like daughter here! I love love love loveeeeeeeeeee glitters! This is gemstones by Jordana, my mom and I picked this up the other day at K-Mart and I love it! What do y'all think of this polish?

Confetti!!! I need some of that. But I already bought two polishes this month + a base coat... *squirms*

And about base coats... Does it make the nail polish peel off for anyone else? I'm not sure if it starts to peel quicker than it would start to chip when not using a base coat. It just seems a lot more dramatic. Sometimes I'll glance at my hand and lo and behold, the polish on my index finger has fallen off.

Confetti!!! I need some of that. But I already bought two polishes this month + a base coat... *squirms*

And about base coats... Does it make the nail polish peel off for anyone else? I'm not sure if it starts to peel quicker than it would start to chip when not using a base coat. It just seems a lot more dramatic. Sometimes I'll glance at my hand and lo and behold, the polish on my index finger has fallen off.

Not for me, if anything the top coat makes my nail polish peel off. I have no idea why but it does and it drives me nuts, so I only paint one hand anymore, plus painting the other and is such a hassle its pointless to me. And I would think the base coat would generally help with keeping it on, but my mom has told me in the past that some formulas just do not mix well and can sometimes cause the polish to peel off. Some companies just don't mix well, for example one time I used Revlon's base coat (and top coat) and a China Glaze nail polish together and within a few hours the polish was already peeling off (I'm not rough on my nails either like some people are...) I just don't understand why, but sometimes it happens. Only thing I can suggest is just try different base coats and find out what works better for you and go from there. :)

Hm, perhaps it is the top coat that does it for me too, then. Typical, I *just* finished one nail that needed fixing, and the top coat is drying right now :sick02:

I had been using Sally Hansen's "miracle nail thickener", because I had some flimsy nails, and that is very much not durable. But I knew that, so I accepted the fact that nail polish would fall off super fast. So I went and got a proper base coat. The polish lasts longer now, but not as long as I'd like. So I figured it was a base coat thing. I'll need to try not using a top coat, to narrow down the "glitch".

That would make sense about the nail thickener, I remembered using some myself, even another brand, and the nail polish was coming off then too! I never use a top coat anymore and I don't have as bad of a problem, but then again I don't always keep my nail polish on I grow bored with it within a few days and just end up repainting them a different color, good think I have so much nail polish color options! But yeah, definitely nail it down and figure out which formulas work together and which don't it will make for a longer lasting nail polish job :)

Edited by lindorie

Ohh pretty sparkles.

I find it depends on the base coat I use. The "ridge-filling" ones (usually a milky colour) tend to make peeling happen. Usually the clear ones are ok. Peeling can also happen if your layers of polish are too thick (especially dense glitters) and if you don't let them dry a bit between coats.

Ohhhh, I forgot about the layering thing Emily, that has happened to me multiple times, I guess I'm too impatient and want to be done with my nails in that sense! haha!

LOL I do too sometimes. It's kind of funny, but also a pain when you peel off an entire nail's worth of polish xD

Especially the expensive nail polish that you want to stay on for days at a time! I hate when that happens, my mom has some expensive stuff that is hard to find and I want to try it so badly but I won't until I have the perfect formula combination.

From the one's I've tried, the combination of China Glaze Strong adhesion base and Seche Vite topcoat has worked the best. I can get at least a week with minor tipwear. That's also using a 3-way buffer before polish application.

That sounds to me like a good combo, definitely with the buffer! I've heard Seche Vite is great, but have never tried it and neither of us have it (or at least that I know of). And I will have to try something soon because the glitter mani I just did peeled off of my index finger a few minutes ago o.O

Glitters are super bad for peeling/chipping no matter what you do. Especially really dense ones. I think because it creates more of a solid layer with less adhesion or something. Or maybe I'm crazy xD

Happy news! After this weekend I can wear nail varnish when ever I want and not have to take it off for work :D so I'll be taking more photos of my nails very soon yay ^_^

That would explain that Emily, thank you, I didn't think about that :)

Happy news! After this weekend I can wear nail varnish when ever I want and not have to take it off for work :D so I'll be taking more photos of my nails very soon yay ^_^

I am so happy to hear that! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us :D

Haha, I wish :D And thank you its actually not a powder. I used two different glitters, one was a wet n' wild and the other was called funky fingers, the polish underneath it is a light purple polish by sally hansen :)

It is funky! But I guess that's why I'm quite fond of it :)

And I've tried to do one similar to this but not glitter and it didn't turn out well so I just did a basic polish that week :O But this was my first successful one, my mom told me how to do it though so I guess you can say I've learned quite a bit from her :D