Nail Art

complicatedwishes

I recently got a nail art kit. I sat for a while thinking what theme I could do for my first attempt with them.

I decided on pac-man!

Here's how they turned out, I know I messed the thumb up :( lol

543169_10150946565959788_1857090248_n.jpg

Oh my gosh, those are really cute! Nice job! I love nail art. I used to look at tons of it on pinterest. I don't usually do anything too fancy as I'm not that talented. I tend to stick to using shatter or the "half moon" look. I just bought magnetic nail polish the other day but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Thank you :) I've never done any kind of nail art before but I'm proud with how it came out for a first try. I did some cupcakes on my nails last night but only a few of them on each finger ended up looking sort of decent. I think I'm gonna look around and see what other designs people have done and have a go at them. I want to have a go at neopets related designs, but it's so hard being that creative :( although a lady in my guild submitted her neo nail art into the art gallery and hers was selected. I think hers was the first nail art to ever have been put into the gallery!

How adorable! I used to do really elaborate nail arts that took me hours to complete...back when I had time, lol. I'm thinking about starting to do it again though, I miss getting all the compliments on my fabulous nails.

Man, that is wild! And for a first attempt, that is amazing. Impressive. I can't even make a single colour look good, it looks like a five year old painted my nails, when I do it. I actually just got my first ever manicure today, but it's just plain black, nothing fun or interesting. But I am enjoying having nice painted nails for once.

Thank you guys! I definitely will have a go at some neo ones :)

I wish I was more steady-handed though! and yes it's hard to find time to do my nails even like the pac man ones :O which are pretty basic to do.

And yes! the union jack is an awesome idea, you should do it!

Nail art pens (even cheap ones) don't cost that much. I managed to get a big batch of different colours, including glittery ones for under £20 from ebay :) you should definitely have a go with some if you feel like you'd like to have a play around with them!

Neo nail art sounds like it would look really cool. If you do something like that you should definitely submit it to neo too! You never know.

True! Didn't even think of that. It could be accepted into the art gallery. Next time go for the neo nails, definitely! :P

So cute!

We must keep this thread.

I'm a nail polish addict (I'm talking hundreds of bottles) and am always looking for new designs.

Easiest way to clean up around cuticles is to take a medium pointed-tipped paintbrush dipped in acetone or polish remover and just go around the cuticles. You'd be surprised in the difference it makes in the finished look.

Keep the pics coming! I'll be sure to post next time I do art (been using all my polishes from China Glazes Hunger Games collection, so no art until I've worn them all!)

<3 aww those are adorable! i love nail art but sadly it never turns out as well as i hope :P also i tend to be really careless and damage it easily. like Emily said, i also would love to see new piccy's whenever you do them, normally i just do nail stickers so love the insipration!

also i just like looking pretty things ^_^ <3

I will do and I'll definitely take a photo :)

Thank you guys, and thank you for the tip about the cuticles!

And yes if you guys do any nail art you should post photos too :D

and I love looking at pretty things too <3 hehe

*is immediately attracted by anything sparkly*

and pink! <3

my favorite at the moment is a silver glitter polish, very basic, but i usually have a pink overcoat

i also have smelly overcoats, they smell like different perfumes, the candy one is my favorite, but.. if i wear it i can get weird looks for smelling my nails. :sick02:

Hahaha! I love silver polish.

I've never actually seen/bought smelly overcoats :O must look out for them!

I think ready for my holiday in Turkey not this Tuesday but next, I'm going to get some shellac nails done so I don't need to keep touching them up whilst I'm away.

pac_man.gif

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure you keep your posts at 7 words or more, images don't count. Also, don't hotlink images from Tripod.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.