Altador Cup angst.

Bubbleline

I have so many problems with this cup I don't even know where to begin. Don't get me wrong, I love neopets, but what was TNT thinking when they came up with this bracket system? So many people think that its wonky because they rigged it so that their favorite teams would win. If that's the case, that's a horrible thing to do, for everyone! I'm on Kreludor and I love my team and I think we deserve to win, but not like this. Everyone will disregard our victory this year (if we win) by saying that it was just due to the wonky brackets. And those who don't wanna blame it on the brackets have said that we don't deserve our win because we have Sotac (not like we CHOSE to have them, but whatever). Either way, we are going to get flak. And it seems really unfair and frustrating. I wanted to go against MI sooo badly so that we could truly see how we'd do and 'earn' our win or loss. I feel like pulling out my hair and never playing again....but I'm too close to rank 20. :rolleyes_anim: Anywho, anyone else can rant and share their frustrations, I'm all ears (eyes?).

Yeah, the new bracket system is a bit weird. However, I don't think the victors should be disregarded because of it! Kreludor has been making a championship push for a few years now, now is probably their time.

Haunted Wood's performance has been a bit lacklustre this year, not sure if it's because of the new bracket system or just poor play. However, we're still 10th, even above teams that have nearly sweept us a few times. The system seemed more accurate at the beginning, where we moved around our bracket a lot, but in our last bracket we came fourth above Roo Island, who nearly swept us. It can be pretty boggling at times. And it really isn't fair that some teams don't get to face other teams. I know they say it's random, but couldn't the "rig" it just a little bit so everyone would get to play everyone?

I'm truly disappointed with this year's Cup. That is all.

And I thought the no-mouse-control Yooyuball last year was bad enough.

I'm on LD and I badly wanted to play against KD, DC, MQ and FL (especially the former). But no. TNT placed LD in a bracket where all teams, except KL, LD has faced before. Especially RI.

I was pretty much rooting for KD or MQ to win this year, but with this new tournament format, KD looks set to win it all. Not that I have anything against them, however. Whatever has happened to MQ? I blame the stupid brackets.

I mean, seriously, if TNT really wanted to shorten the Cup, they could at least made it into a single round robin with finals.

Unless TNT decides to change the current tournament format, I simply refuse to play a Cup-related game ever again (even though I wanted to achieve a Rank 10 this year). :/

I want to start a petition to ELIMINATE THE DARIGAN YOOYUS ONCE AND FOR ALL! I get them after I have only score 3 goals. 3 GOALS! Enough! I want this abuse to end and I want it over NOW!

Because my fuse is so short, I'll get so fed up with YYB and quit playing altogether. If the Darigan Ball abuse was gone, I could keep laying and not get upset so much every time.

Like everyone else, I hate this new tournament format. It was really a major concern of a lot of people in this forum before the cup started that teams may play each other in all the brackets. Which btw, the last time I checked, is happening.

Shenkuu (my team) plays/played Roo Island in ALL brackets.

It would have been better if TNT grouped the teams randomly, but making sure that a team doesn't play another team in more than one bracket. How I said it is quite confusing, since I'm not good at explaining, but I think you guys get my point.

I'm wasting time to avoid playing Cup games. I think YYB has driven me crazy and I can barely take that Jelly Chia laughing in my face anymore. And I'm only Rank 11. :sad02: I don't think I'll be able to make it to All-Star.......*cries*

The problem I have with this Cup is that winning doesn't matter. The rules say to help your team win but it's already been shown that winning doesn't matter, which means it's all luck of the brackets. And since we've gotten stuck behind top teams in every bracket we've never stood a real chance. It's turned into a personal goal for me now in terms of why I still play.

I went into this year thinking Kreludor would win hands down, 1 new team would make the medal stand and figured Maraqua, and that we'd fight for 3rd at best. Unfortunately it appears SOTAC, STEALTH, and a mystery group have been heavily factoring into the results, in addition to the brackets. Heard that Meridell is backed by the mystery group, and that they are actually cheaters, which is really disappointing because I like Meridell and if it's true that a cheating group joined them then they are tarnished in my opinion.

Just an overall terrible year, and hopefully people will just say Kreludor would have won eventually anyway and not blame the awful setup this year. Would have been interesting to see if Kreludor would overcome their struggles in the finals.

My problem us, I keep getting Darigan balls after only 3-5 scores. It's not fair that others are getting these monsters after 10+ goals!

^Azeruth: How could you even manage to get 2920 games of YYB? That would drive me mad!

Determination and my love of the Cup itself. The sad thing is I hate new YYB so it makes it much more frustrating to sit down and play. I maxed YYB twice this year and did 200 games yesterday. I love the Cup so I just suck it up and play.

I usually get a Darigan after 1 goal, it appears that normal Yooyus come out at odd intervals and any other type can come out at an even number, it's just random chance that you get one. I just use the bottom corner technique, although it's not guaranteed and they've started glitching in the corner to steal.

My problem us, I keep getting Darigan balls after only 3-5 scores. It's not fair that others are getting these monsters after 10+ goals!

My last 2 games I got 3 Darigans:

2nd, 12th

8th

It's just random. More frequently it's my 2nd ball though lately.

im not too pissed about the darigan balls.

but i am annoyed about the brackets- MQ has had to play DC, KI and KD one too many times. find me one real-life sporting event that is based on this random bracket thing and ill shut up. but as it is, TNT seem to have practically invited people to tell them that they are rigging.

My problems is with the algo picking the 2 teams versing eachother, the stupid brackets and the Darigan Yooyu,

My first problem is a problem because this is our 3rd time versing Terror Mountain and we versed them twice in a row. We also versed Kiko lake 4 times.

My next problem is the brackets. These are just messed up. Everyone know why.

The Darigan Yooyu is my final problem. They are appearing too often.

The only thing you need to know about the Cup, is that every year TNT will find a way to make you miserable.

:laughingsmiley: Hahahaha, true enough! And it happens every year, something different that we don't like. Last year it was new YYB controls. This year, it's the bracket thing.

The only thing you need to know about the Cup, is that every year TNT will find a way to make you miserable.

That made me laugh so hard. XD And it's probably true. I wonder what catastrophe they'll create next year.

I'm wasting time to avoid playing Cup games. I think YYB has driven me crazy and I can barely take that Jelly Chia laughing in my face anymore. And I'm only Rank 11. :sad02: I don't think I'll be able to make it to All-Star.......*cries*

I'm rank 19. I haven't played any AC games in 24 hours and counting. I'm only 97 games away from victory. I am making this comment while dilly-dallying some more. Will I play YYB today? Maybe....in a little while. :whistle:

Got a PERFECT score in YYB of 13-0! But my score wouldn't send!!!!!!!!!! (yes, the "Problems processing your score" crap). 13 goals and 3 minutes WASTED!

Got a PERFECT score in YYB of 13-0! But my score wouldn't send!!!!!!!!!! (yes, the "Problems processing your score" crap). 13 goals and 3 minutes WASTED!

Haha, that's happened to me a few time when i got 14-0 or something like that. I was quite irritated. Especially since, for me, as the cup progresses it has gotten harder and harder for me to score more than 11 goals.

Also, today is the 3rd time KD is going against Tyrannia. Yesterday was our 3rd time going against Maraqua. We've already gone against DC and BV 3 times. I am so sick of seeing these guys.