The ALP

Matt

I  haven't gone through the applications yet but will do so tomorrow. I normally don't check them until the 1st - 5th of the month depending on my schedule. I will try my best to get to them tomorrow, so watch for a message from me here on the forums. I was able to locate your application and I never send out a message saying your application has been received until I start lining up the pet chains. It's just too much extra work because then I have to confirm all over again that you still wish to participate in the chain.

Messages have gone out. Please have your responses in by the 8th. The sooner I receive your responses, the sooner we can get chains rolling this month. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't believe we will as it would be a very item heavy lend. In the past we did do the Usuki avatar but that was just far too inconvenient for everyone involved. @Emily may have something additional to say about this as she handles our item lends at the moment.

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I don't believe we will as it would be a very item heavy lend. In the past we did do the Usuki avatar but that was just far too inconvenient for everyone involved. @Emily may have something additional to say about this as she handles our item lends at the moment.

doesn't it work as one item worth 1 mil or multiple items worth 5 mil? 

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason why we don't lend for this one is that it either requires a ton of cheap items, or a few VERY expensive items, and a lot of refreshing. Usually when people have our expensive items on lend, we discourage more page views that absolutely necessary to get the avatar, as more refreshes means more chance for the Pant Devil to steal something. Plus, the collateral amount we'd need to ask for would likely mean that it would actually be much less expensive for you to buy a set of items yourself and then sell them when you're done. 

Lending a bunch of cheaper items would be safer, but lending that many items completely locks up your inventory, as even if the items are listed as "trading" in your inventory, they still count towards the 50 item limit. It's the reason why we also don't lend for the Usuki avatar anymore. If people take 4-5 days to offer on the five 10-item trades, then that's 4-5 days you literally can't buy anything from any shops. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, action_jackson3000 said:

Hi I have a Grey Buzz I'd like to add to the Grey Wocky sigh chain. I'm not interested in being his permanent owner so is there a reliable user who I can transfer him to?

We actually currently have all the pets we need for lending, but thank you for the offer!

Good to know. Supervising chains for just one of each item/pet/petpet is probably tons of work already. Somehow I thought having multiple copies of the loan would speed up the queue for those waiting but if you're all set that's cool. I just found a volunteer and will transfer him later tonight so everything worked out. ?

Thank you very much for your offer @action_jackson3000. The reason we only need one pet per chain is to keep things organized and because we run chain lends each month, there's no need for additional pets for the chain. With the exception of our Pea Chias that for some reason we have two of them.

I have another question hopefully someone can clear up. I recently read of a situation from several months ago where an individual loaner lent their Bony Grarrl Club to someone else but after being equipped that user wasn't able to remove the item. The glitch apparently is that is the Grarrl's name has too many numbers included, the BGC can't be removed by the normal method of simply unequipping from the Equipment page in the Battledome.

Turns out however that if you pound the Grarrl all battledome equipment is automatically removed and returned safely to your inventory.

I don't expect to borrow a Bony Grarrl Club anytime soon but I'm concerned if this glitch still exists and hasn't been fixed by TNT yet. My Grarrl has 2 digits in his name but I'm not sure if that's enough to trigger this glitch. I obviously value him a lot (stats and color) so pounding him isn't an option I want to consider even as a last resort if I ever found myself in this type of situation.

So as an extra precaution would it make more sense for me (and other potential loaners) to create or adopt a separate Grarrl (preferably with no numbers in its name) that we have zero attachment to? Worst case scenario if the new Grarrl needs to be pounded to automatically remove the BGC, nobody will lose sleep over that action.

4 hours ago, action_jackson3000 said:

Turns out however that if you pound the Grarrl all battledome equipment is automatically removed and returned safely to your inventory.

That seems a bit drastic, doesn't it. ? It would have the same effect if you transferred them to a side-account, wouldn't it?

22 hours ago, action_jackson3000 said:

I have another question hopefully someone can clear up. I recently read of a situation from several months ago where an individual loaner lent their Bony Grarrl Club to someone else but after being equipped that user wasn't able to remove the item. The glitch apparently is that is the Grarrl's name has too many numbers included, the BGC can't be removed by the normal method of simply unequipping from the Equipment page in the Battledome.

I don't expect to borrow a Bony Grarrl Club anytime soon but I'm concerned if this glitch still exists and hasn't been fixed by TNT yet. My Grarrl has 2 digits in his name but I'm not sure if that's enough to trigger this glitch. I obviously value him a lot (stats and color) so pounding him isn't an option I want to consider even as a last resort if I ever found myself in this type of situation.

So as an extra precaution would it make more sense for me (and other potential loaners) to create or adopt a separate Grarrl (preferably with no numbers in its name) that we have zero attachment to? Worst case scenario if the new Grarrl needs to be pounded to automatically remove the BGC, nobody will lose sleep over that action.

I know that Jhudora's ring can be unequipped through initiating a transfer but then not completing it as that removes all battledome equiptment, but have never heard of that issue with the Grarrl.  I can look into that, but I don't think that having an extra Grarrl is a necessity.  

There was a glitch years ago (2014-2015-ish I think) where sometimes certain items would get stuck, then you'd be thrown an error when trying to remove them. Most people used the pet transfer workaround if it did happen (initiate a transfer to a side account to strip all the weapons, then just reject the transfer). I haven't heard mention of it in a really long time, so either the issue has been fixed, or it was just really, really rare. Absolute worst case, if it does happen, you can just remove it with the transfer method if it is a pet that you don't want to risk someone snatching from the pound.

Transfer is definitely more appealing but still some concern considering how much I value him (and having to wait a day until he's returned, if returned...)

I did manage to obtain a BGC from a friendly user today and equipped it on an adopted Grarrl. No numbers in the name though so I couldn't confirm my original concern, also didn't want to waste extra time testing on another Grarrl w/ numbers so I of course sent the item back asap.

• 1 month later...

@xSummerYou will NOT get a neomail regarding any pet chains. ALL communication is done through the private message feature here on the forums.

I have two requests with your neopets username. As soon as our ALP Pet Team Coordinator goes over the applications you will get a message stating if you're accepted or rejected.

Please note we only look at applications once a month. All applications must be in by the 1st of the current month to join in on that months chains. If you submit after this date you will automatically be pushed to the following month. So in order to participate for November your application would have needed to be submitted by November 1st. Your applications will be processed for December.

2 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

@xSummerYou will NOT get a neomail regarding any pet chains. ALL communication is done through the private message feature here on the forums.

I have two requests with your neopets username. As soon as our ALP Pet Team Coordinator goes over the applications you will get a message stating if you're accepted or rejected.

Please note we only look at applications once a month. All applications must be in by the 1st of the current month to join in on that months chains. If you submit after this date you will automatically be pushed to the following month. So in order to participate for November your application would have needed to be submitted by November 1st. Your applications will be processed for December.

oh ok perfect thank you so much! I remember before it was on neomail so glad I know this now. ?

3 hours ago, xSummer said:

oh ok perfect thank you so much! I remember before it was on neomail so glad I know this now. ?

We used to communicate through Neomail but it was just a logistical nightmare for me and I hated organizing lends and doing them. Since switching to the forums it's way easier to keep track of everything better. Plus you need to have a forums account to even be part of a lend, so it just made sense to switch things to here. ?

12 hours ago, redespeon said:

It's my first time participating, where can I check the status of the ongoing December chains?

I already sent my application in November, I just don't know what to expect.

As soon as our ALP Pet Team Coordinator goes over the applications you will get a message stating if you're accepted or rejected, and if accepted, you also receive all the information you'll need to participate in the chain. We also outline the process here if you're not quite sure how it works. The messages will all come via the forums, not via neomail, so make sure to keep an eye on your forum messages.