The ALP

Matt

Thank you for offering :) But as you mentioned, we have not one, but two avatar pets that have an aged harris attached to them. So thank you for the offer, but since pet lends are done in chains, we're not currently in need of another pet for the harris avatar ^^,

Good to know. Let me know if that changes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the chains are running. If a chain you were in had too few people, your NM at the start of the month would have informed you of it instead of asking for your confirmation.

You haven't heard back from me because that chain hasn't started yet. I stagger when the chains start to better organize them, and because some of the pets are on the same home account and therefore cannot start or end on the same day. Also, while I do have to shuffle people around to prevent overlaps, the chains end up in largely the same order they started in- that is, the people who applied first are near the start of the chains. I could totally randomize them but it takes me long enough to get them fixed up the way I do it now and it's the quickest way I can think of.

Wow! Sounds complicated! K, I was only curious; I still need to send one of my pets over to my Mom's bf yet to make room so I guess I'll just go ahead and do that so I'm ready when you are. Thanks!

It's not really that complicated, just time consuming. It got a lot better after my first month and I made a bunch of templates for all the messages I send. Beyond that, it's a big logic puzzle and keeping up with where the pets are.

Is it still possible to join in June's chain or should I apply for July?

Most of June's chains are either done, or close to being done, I imagine. It would be better to apply for July. Anime may be able to tack you onto some of the ones that are still going, but that is extra work on someone who already does so much for the ALP (and we all appreciate it so much! -squidges-)

Thanks ALP I have two new avatars, and sorry for the screw-up over the weekend.

My dad got really sick, don't think he's gonna be around much longer... but either way you all were really understanding and I appreciate no-one freaking out on me...

Might not be around for a while (on the forum) but just had to say that... thanks again...

Thanks ALP I have two new avatars, and sorry for the screw-up over the weekend.

My dad got really sick, don't think he's gonna be around much longer... but either way you all were really understanding and I appreciate no-one freaking out on me...

Might not be around for a while (on the forum) but just had to say that... thanks again...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :( I have hugs if you want them!

I'm wishing for the best outcome for you and your family.

I was curious:

If I make a pet that is an Avatar pet, and give him/her over to you guys, would that be cool? I'm working with the Lab Ray and I've come close to some of the avatar pets. But instead of going ahead and keeping the zap up, I would like to share.

I'm also lucky with the FFQ, I've gotten two already.

I'm sorry if I missread this somewhere but I haven't found what this means:

Free lending never happens. We do, sometimes, lend for reduced collateral however. Reduced collateral lending is based on your post count on TDN Forums. You will need over 100 posts to qualify and the more you have, the lower the collateral you will need. If you are not a member of the forums, or you don't have enough posts to qualify yet then you will be required to have full collateral.

What exactly do I have to give you for an item? What do you mean with collateral?

Collateral is either NP or items worth the amount of the item being lent given in exchange for the avatar item. We hold onto the collateral while the avatar item is lent. Once the avatar is achieved, the item is returned in exchange for the original collateral.

The collateral is a sort of guarantee that the avatar item will be returned. If it isn't, for whatever reason, the collateral is used to replace the item.

The collateral required for each item, is listed on the site.

Could someone explain to me exactly how these chains work? I tried reading through the information already on the ALP site, but it isn't making much sense to me because I already have some issues understanding transferring and receiving pets in general, seeing as I'm new to all of this transfer business. I do want to get started on getting the pet avatars I lack though, which is why I'm interested.

It's pretty simple. The pet is transferred (sent via the Transfer feature in the Pound) from one person to the next in a chain, as per the instructions I send as to who the pet goes to. Each person in the chain is responsible for having an open slot for the pet on the day they're set to receive (I send out a notification saying when you get the pet, generally two days in advance), accepting the pet on that day, and sending it on the next day. There tend to be some minor delays involving a pet not being sent in time for you to accept on occasion (time zones).

To transfer, you go to the pound, click the middle door labelled Transfer, pick the pet you want to send, and put in the username of the person you're sending to. To accept, you click the pound notification that appears when a pet is sent to you, and then hit accept.

It's pretty simple. The pet is transferred (sent via the Transfer feature in the Pound) from one person to the next in a chain, as per the instructions I send as to who the pet goes to. Each person in the chain is responsible for having an open slot for the pet on the day they're set to receive (I send out a notification saying when you get the pet, generally two days in advance), accepting the pet on that day, and sending it on the next day. There tend to be some minor delays involving a pet not being sent in time for you to accept on occasion (time zones).

To transfer, you go to the pound, click the middle door labelled Transfer, pick the pet you want to send, and put in the username of the person you're sending to. To accept, you click the pound notification that appears when a pet is sent to you, and then hit accept.

That sounds easy enough. So once I read thoroughly through the rules and what not on the ALP site, I can go ahead and apply, correct? My other question is, is there a limit on transfers you can do per month? Because if I were to go ahead and apply, and got accepted into a chain, I would have to move one of my pets onto my side account at some point in order to have an open space, and I'm not sure how that would affect my transfers.

That sounds easy enough. So once I read thoroughly through the rules and what not on the ALP site, I can go ahead and apply, correct? My other question is, is there a limit on transfers you can do per month? Because if I were to go ahead and apply, and got accepted into a chain, I would have to move one of my pets onto my side account at some point in order to have an open space, and I'm not sure how that would affect my transfers.

You would lose one of your transfers for that month, yes. The older your account is, the more transfers you get, however. For your account age, you get 2 transfers in, and 2 out each month. So you can apply for one chain, and move your pet back and forth, no problem. :)

EDITed for clarity. :)

You would lose one of your transfers for that month, yes. The older your account is, the more transfers you get, however. If you have a young account and only get one a month, you can move your pet over this month to your side, and then back in August.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! ^_^

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! ^_^

No problem. :)

Also, I don't know if you saw the edit to my post or not, but you get 2 transfers at your current account age, so you can either do two chains, or your pet over and back plus one chain. :)

No problem. :)

Also, I don't know if you saw the edit to my post or not, but you get 2 transfers at your current account age, so you can either do two chains, or your pet over and back plus one chain. :)

Just saw it now! Thanks. :) I think I will transfer a pet out during this last week of June and then try to get into a July chain, if it isn't too late to do that. :P

Apps for the next month (so, July in this case) are taken right up until I send out that month's notifications. So there's plenty of time to apply.