More Altador Cup Format Changes Released!

hrtbrk

Last week, we revealed that there would be some changes in this years Altador Cup format. TNT has released a few more details regarding this years tournament.

news-image-ac-vii-pre-event-2012-blurb.jpg

As we predicted, the Cup will run for 24 days in total. All teams will play on all 24 days, regardless of ranking.

Player rankings will also be re-calculated to match the new format.

REMINDER: Altador VI's prize shop closes on May 25th! If you have any remaining points, cash them in while you still can!

^ lolwut?

Meh. Nothing new, in other words. Most people assumed they would alter the rankings, too.

For the past two years the Altador Cup has been 38 days. 34 days for the DRR and then 4 days for the finals.

Before that it was 34 days, with 30 days in the DRR and 4 for finals.

And then of course there was the first AC which wsa totally different and I regret to say I dont know how long it was.

I'm not too happy with this change either. Especially because term isn't over for me and I still have homework so the AC will be over at the same time as term. :( I hope not, but it looks like this is the case.

I am sort of happy it is shorter. I have never been able to participate in the finals because I have always gone on vacation. Plus I would always seem to loose interest half way through. It might be a little sad but who knows might make this more interesting.

I'm glad it's a bit shorter. I'm still debating whether to play or not because...let's face it...AC is pretty boring just playing the same games over and over and over. And I've found that even when I seem to have put in quite a bit of effort the prizes were never worth it. But maybe being a little shorter I might give it a try this year.

I'm glad it's a little shorter. I tend to lose steam about half way through or forget because it goes on for so long :P

And then of course there was the first AC which wsa totally different and I regret to say I dont know how long it was.

I read somewhere that ACI was 8 days.

Maybe it's shorter because they have more events planned for this year? >_> *wishful thinking*

If that were the case I wouldn't mind it being shorter.

I do agree that I lose interest about 1/2 way though the tournament and maybe one game 3 times a day for the NP.

I don't play YYB anymore due to the lack of mouse from last year so I guess I'm just generally not really into the AC anymore...

I am sort of happy it is shorter. I have never been able to participate in the finals because I have always gone on vacation. Plus I would always seem to loose interest half way through. It might be a little sad but who knows might make this more interesting.

I would always lose a bit of interest towards the end too. So I think this will be good.

More info is out, courtesy of the French Rules page. (http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/rules.phtml)

The following text was translated by me, so if you repost it anywhere else please give me credit.

Schedule / Calendar

14-25 May Pre-tournament

25-31 May Inscription and training

1-6 June First Round

7-12 June Second Round

13-18 June Third Round

19-24 June Fourth Round

Each round starts at midnight NST and ends at 23:59:59 NST.

How does the tournament work

The tournament is divided in four round, during which teams are scattered in three groups. Each team plays agains teams of its own group during that round, and points are allowed according to the standing at the end of the round. At the end of the tournament, points that have been won by each team are added and this will give us the final standings.

If two teams are tied, they will have to play against each other. If three teams are tied, they all have to play against the practice team. If four teams are tied, they would play against each other during a tie-break match. The winners of these tie-break would win the two highest step of the podium (the team with most point would win the first position.) The loser teams would win the next positions (the team with the least point would place 4th.)

Players will be able to rank up and win more prizes point for the prize shop by taking part in the tie-break match. If your team does not play a tie-break match, you can still rank up and win prize points by taking part in practice matches.

You will face a new team every day, and you can contribute to the success of your team by playing four games (Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, Make Some Noise and Shoutout Showdown.)

During the tournament, one of the four games will go into "bonus mode" randomly. When it happens, this game will help your team by rewarding it more. But don't forget that you would still earn the same amount of NP.

It seems we will only get prize points after the start. :P

But if there is a tie-breaker match going on, that your team is not doing, you could play against the practice team and earn yourself pts for the prizes shop.

Ahh okay, I get it now. I was confused thinking that if your team didn't get a tie-breaker round you'd get the points you earned during the practice round, not the practice team lol. Thanks for the help! It makes sense now. :)

I feel like once the tourney starts up, everyone will get use to how it's set up this year. I was kinda eh about how they changed the gameplay of YYB last year, but once I played more I got really into it.

Just give it some time.

Personally, I think that this new formula is interesting. Sure, it's different, but maybe we'll end up liking it. Who knows? I as well found myself losing morale about halfway through the cup.

During the tournament, one of the four games will go into "bonus mode" randomly. When it happens, this game will help your team by rewarding it more. But don't forget that you would still earn the same amount of NP.

Now this sound fun!