New Game Cookie Removed UPDATE: They're RETURNING!

hrtbrk

TNT accidentally released the upcoming game fortune cookie today in the NC Mall (it's since been removed - but sure to return)... and it gives you 2x the Neopoints on all games played for 24 hours.

... what?

Even as a NC user, I think this is a terrible idea. While I always thought NC was unfair to offer during events as not everyone has access, I still admired their efforts to make sure that it didn't cross the fine line of giving an advantage to paying players.

But this? This I cannot support, even if the advantage is for a short period of time. Especially after all their efforts to control the market, and after their stressing of no advantage would be offered.

What were they thinking?!

I am disappoint, son. -_-

I thought they were totally against trading NC for neopoint items....guess not...

I thought so too. But apparently TNT has changed their minds. This cookie is not something I can support. It is crossing the line between NPs and NC big time. I really hope they change their minds and decide not to release this Fortune Cookie.

TNT I'm disappointed in you. :(

I suspect that some of the staff are either low on ideas or else have forgotten their own policies. That's ... yes, essentially 'selling' NP and I can bet my bottom NP that a LOT of clever borderline players WILL milk this for all it's worth.

It's getting uncomfortably close to legal 'gold farming'

Personally, I don't see a *possible* (if it doubles your score and you're not good at the game, you're not going to get the maximum of 2000/score send) extra 1000np per game sent being a huge issue. Maybe my perception of NP value is distorted because I make most of mine from habi and restocking. If you want to put in the time to play a ton of extra games to get the extra np, you should be rewarded for your time. I rarely play games. However, making it available via NC, I think was the wrong move, more for the fact that it's still not available in many countries. Keep in mind that there are some np perks for premium too (monthly np, weekly space faerie scratchcards and premium SHHs that reward items and NP). In order to make a service worth paying for, there has to be some advantage.

In regards to dedicated game players being rewarded, what may have been a better idea would be to have a cookie that would double the score for 1 game for the 24 hour period (either a random game or one of the players choosing) or be able to send 5 scores for a SINGLE game over the 24 hour period.

I don't play games very much either (I'm a restocker/Habi player) but I've been playing Lost City Lanes for two days now and on both instances, my score is reviewed by TNT. Abnormally high scores have to be reviewed, can you IMAGINE the headache this will cause if players are suddenly getting extremely high scores in games, and that score is doubled via cookie to generate a big pile of NP?

I'm hoping that TNT realised that (or the gold farming comparison and yanked it out of the Mall before such a thing could occur.

Did anyone buy one? Or manage to?

Did anyone buy one? Or manage to?

I saw that players who bought one had it removed from their inventory when it was removed from the mall and didn't get their NC credited back.

I saw that players who bought one had it removed from their inventory when it was removed from the mall and didn't get their NC credited back.

- Oooo dear, that'll kick up some fuss!

...If you used this cookie on the Featured game, would you get 2, 3, or 4 times the NP?

- Now THAT is a good question!

Oh my, what a TERRIBLE idea. I'm glad it was pulled right away-- though I can hardly believe it was released in the first place. :/

I also hope it wont be released. I don't use NC currently but may in the future. Now, I'm all fine for premium members having things like the SSW, scratchcards, and the like. What I don't like is when TNT has said that the NC mall and items will not give advantages, when this one cleary does.

Pay more real cash= More NP. And you can buy as many as you like (as long as you have the NC for it).

With the featured game thing, I think it be 4x. Since todays featured one was Kass Basher, I got 2K every play. If the cookie gives 2x more, you'd get 4k every time, giving you at least 12K from the featured game.

I'm fine with NC durring events, like this years FoN, because it didn't interfere with the reqular event.

In regards to dedicated game players being rewarded, what may have been a better idea would be to have a cookie that would double the score for 1 game for the 24 hour period

I'd be fine if the cookie worked that way.

its stupid. and is crossing the line. i hope it got pulled becauase of the complaints they got, not because there was a glitch with it or something.

Lady Kataka, my score always get reviewed for lost city lanes, unforunately i like that game, so i just have to be patient. really annoying though.

can you imagine if you used this cookie during those 5x score send events? or during daily dare when you know you are going to play alot of games anyway? -_-

its not a huge advantage, but the fact is, it is an advantage and is not fair.

i did suspect it was going to be something like the featured game ticket, which does a similar crossing the line thing (but more restricted)

Will it work with the mirror games as well? I know you can't play a mirror and the reqular the same day, but some mirrors have better ratios.

You know, if I ever get some NC when it's offically released. I'll buy it, use it for a day, and then tell you all how much NP I earned with it. I'd like to see if anyone could find out a range, prehaps, of extra NP the cookie gives. Just to see how gigantic of an advatange it gives you.

*angry font*---One small step onto a slippery slope. After this what will they try? FFQ mystery caps, bigger houses if you can afford to pay, better jobs in the agency if you have enough cash? Battledome stats for sale. Sound a bit too much like the real world that i come in here to get away from. :sad01_anim: It says quite clearly on the NC mall page"NC items may not be exchanged for NC, Neopoints, or Neopoint items." Isn't this exactly what they are doing.

Another interesting question...is it actually a 24-hour period, or is it one day? That is, if you activate it on May 5th, does it expire at the end of May 5th? Or does it expire exactly 24 hours later? If it's actually 24 hours...well, dang, play all your games at the end of a day one day, and then play them all at the beginning of the day the next day!

...be able to send 5 scores for a SINGLE game over the 24 hour period.

This one would be a good idea. At least you still have to WORK for the extra np.

Or else...this would probably be difficult to code, but what about making it so the maximum np you can get from a game is 3,000 per game instead of 1,000? That way, you still have to work for the extra np, but you get rewarded for TRYING to do well in the game.

Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while...I don't like that TNT has a maximum amount of np you can get from a game. The maximum plays makes perfect sense--otherwise, people would just play Fashion Fever all day. But the fact that they limit the amount of np to 1,000 means that nobody ever tries to play the higher levels unless they're going for a trophy. I feel like TNT should lower the np ratios (so instead of 1,000 np on a game of Kass Basher, you'd get 500, maybe) but should make there be no maximum number of np you get for a game.

I just submitted a editorial question:

I am very upset with the new fortune cookie that was released (and pulled from the economy). You always said NC would NEVER affect neopoints or the like. Now, tell me, how does that fortune cookie (the one that doubles all NPs for every game you play) does NOT cross that line?

Well I used the word does twice by accident, but it gets the point across. I think we should all ask them that, thus demanding an answer.

^^ This. I'm really interested to know if they pulled it because they realized it wasn't a good idea, because of a glitch, or because it was accidentally released early.

Alright, so can someone explain this to me, because I'm a tad bit confused...

The cookie allows DOUBLE (without the limit) for 24/7. So that means, say, you get the max limit 1,000 NP earned, you'll now get 2,000 NP? Or does it merely mean that you earn double with the limited of 1,000 NP? Perhaps that's what they intended with the cookie? Because to be honest, if the limit is still just 1,000 NP, I really don't think it allows that huge of an advantage regardless! Even if you are a bad player, then you'd still probably get under that. Game playing really is a slow manner of saving and earning NP regardless.

If that's the case, then people should be more angered about the Super Shop Wizard, which has been around forever now, and allows buyers and restockers potentially the best advantage to make a strong amount of income.

This game playing thing doesn't seem like a big deal. And they brought that lab ray one out JUST for a little bit; so even that was just a slight advantage. It's not like they're saying "you can buy guaranteed Neopoints with this!" More like; "You'll earn a few more Neopoints under 1,000 NP". You'll still have to place in time and effort.

Keep in mind that one should anticipate this. They are a company and they are not, by far, the first ones to resort to giving playing players an advantage. The only thing that makes me a bit angered is that like everyone else here has stated, what would be the point of playing the free game?

Even now in general, I love the NC Mall, but the items there? I'm sorry, but they are so much lovelier than the the normal NP, especially when mixed with the NP. And now you can get rare NC items, which will never be accessible to some users. At the very least, they should provide more ways for non playing players to obtain NeoCash. I only JUST won free NeoCash last week - after 3 years of trying! And it was 150 NC. You can't really do much with 150 NC. I bought one Maraquan Dress. -_-

This...sound pretty weird and bad. And I say that as someone who buys NC fairly regularly. I'm fine with my decision to buy it, but it shouldn't be forced on anyone.

That said, it seems to me like the reason for doing something like this - essentially allowing users to buy NP - would be to undermine the illegit sellers of NP. There are always going to be people willing to pay for NP, so why shouldn't TNT provide a way to allow them to do that in a legal, traceable way? The players get what they want and don't get frozen; the corporate overlords get extra money in their pockets. Everybody wins. I'm not saying I agree (I don't) but I see what they're trying to do, although it clearly lacks something in the execution.

The thing with premium is that it requires a monthly commitment to really pay off - and it's not cheap. It's also been around a lot longer. Also, the SSW runs out after so many searches.

The thing with NC is that it has always been a "Just make your pet/neohome look pretty!" not "Earn more neopoints!" and that's why it seemed okay. Things giving users more neopoints? Not okay. Even the lab map thing is a little in the grey area because it can add stats which can decrease number of neopoints needed (but can also increase!) so whatever.