NC Mall Perk: Future Fashions Shop!

hrtbrk

UPDATE: The store is now open and will be accessible to users who spend 10,000NC on a monthly basis.

NC Mall users who spend a certain amount of Neocash on a monthly basis now will receive a special kind of perk - having access to the Future Fashions shop!

com_hissi_hatfalling.gif

In this shop, users who spent the certain amount of Neocash will have access to viewing and purchasing new items a whole 72 hours before they officially release into the mall.

But, just because you gain access to this shop one month, doesn't mean you'll have access to it on the next - you consistently have to meet the quota each month to have access.

The shop is soon to be released and the amount of NC that you have to spend to gain access is currently unknown.

Silly marketing ploy

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have to agree... and really... who cares? I think a perk of receiving either a small discount, bonus boxes or even getting to pick one item "for free" for spending 'X' amount of NC per month would have been better.

Three days in advance doesn't seem like much to me but maybe it does to die-hard NC users. *shrug*

Are we running low on cash, TNT? It's getting uncomfortably close to near-forcing players to fork over real money for NC.

72 hours? I'm patient, I can wait for any new release. It'll create a little side-market for people who are far too impatient to get the items and players WITH access can charge a pretty NC for it in trades.

It's getting uncomfortably close to near-forcing players to fork over real money for NC..

Not sure how it's "forcing" anyone to buy it :P. Don't know how many people will actually make the effort to spend enough NC every month just to have the privilage. Maybe if you had access a month before or something, but 3 days isn't really a big deal. I like the perks where if you spend a certain amount, you get some bonus NC. That seems a little more exciting. Or, like Linds said, you get a small discount (maybe depending on the amount you spend the previous month, you could get a 5, 10, 15 or 20% discount) or a free item up to X amount or something.

While they're at it, giving boxes for purchasing NC online would be nice :D I use a credit card and paypal because it's a hassle to go out and buy the card. And if we're paying online, we're saving TNT the cost to print the physical card for purchase :P

'Forcing' isn't quite the right word but the closest I have, maybe 'guilting'? No, I can't quite find the right word XD

Well, with NC cards you get a bonus item after every certain amount of cards redeemed (my last item was Sugar Doughnut charm) so I'd support a little gift if you spend a certain amount of NC but NOT in a certain month.

It just seems a little cruel to people who cannot get NC ... It's bad enough for the events, but things like this?

I see what you mean, Lady Kakata. I can't think of the right word either lol but I feel the same about it.

They sure are putting a lot of effort into the mall lately. It just seems to me that they're getting desperate for even more money. First, limiting the amount of cookies released (which puts people into a sort of panic to hurry and buy a bunch before they run out), and now they're awarding a bonus for spending a certain amount. ._. I think this is pretty pointless though. Would be much more worth it if they were to award a gift box or a free item instead.

*sighs*

How about instead of making brand new clothes for only people with real money can buy, why not try to make all those unwearable clothing we see everywhere actually wearable?

There are plenty of clothes they can work on that already exists! Plus there's already so much going on with the NC Mall that surely they are getting plenty of NC being spent.

I don't support this "perk" one bit. Doesn't even feel like a perk.

*dislike*

stupid reward. i would rather even getting back 25NC for every 1000NC you spend. totally useless.

and i love the NC mall. but to be honest, TNT needs to do something else other than the NC mall. -_- and if they want to work on the NC mall do something a bit more useful, like doing something about all the beauty spots and prissy bows cluttering up SDBs.

This is dumb. I don't even have NC Mall access, but this really doesn't sound like a perk to me. And also, I agree with what flyingeevee said a few comments above, TNT really ought to work more on the normal neo clothes that still aren't wearable. I remember they even had that poll a while back, about which item we would like to see converted to a wearable next, and the Fur Lined Cape (or something like that) won, that was pretty interesting, why can't they do that again?! Are they really running low on money or what?!

I think the first month it's released, there will be people curious and excited to be able to buy items a full 3 days ahead of everyone, but it will probably end up wearing off after a bit because it's not like they're special items in which no one else can buy...why not just wait the 72 hours to see the items come out just like everyone else?

Ok......that's a bit retarted. I agree that why not just wait the 72 hours. This is just another way for them to make money faster off of NC. Though it will work for them in the beginning because of everyone's curiosity like some of you have said. It'll be cool I guess for those who buy NC a lot within a month, lol when possible anyway, but if people just get a little bit now and then I advise not to go overboard and start buying NC like crazy every month just to get this "perk".

My vote for this new crap is 0 of 5. Failed this time TNT.

'Forcing' isn't quite the right word but the closest I have, maybe 'guilting'? No, I can't quite find the right word XD

Well, with NC cards you get a bonus item after every certain amount of cards redeemed (my last item was Sugar Doughnut charm) so I'd support a little gift if you spend a certain amount of NC but NOT in a certain month.

It just seems a little cruel to people who cannot get NC ... It's bad enough for the events, but things like this?

Maybe bribing is the word you're looking for lol. That's what I feel it is.

I hate to be cynical (wait, what am I saying, I don't hate that at all) — but they're not running out of money. Neopets is owned by Nickelodeon, who's owned by MTV, who's owned by Viacom, one of the largest media companies in the world. They know how to make money, and this is their newest ploy. It's such obvious money-grabbing, that it makes me not want to buy anymore NC (but sadly, I have a hard time resisting the lovely things they come out with in the Mall).

Not impressed, TNT, not impressed. :hmmph:

I honestly don't see how anyone beyond the people that already buys a whole ton of stuff at the store will care or be inspired to spend more. I do think that it might work to get people more excited about NC items in general. They have to know that the items will end up previewed on jelly neo and places like that before the three days are up. People just aren't all that excited about NC stuff at the mall. Everybody was obsessed with the fortune cookies for a few days, but everyone has already moved on from the item one.

I feel like they need to take a step back in order to move forward. This just seems like a "rush job" to increase NC revenue for the month of May.

Someone who is interested in other areas of neopets (outside of customization) is not going to care if their pet looks good before battling, or if someone is coming on from boredom to play games to pass the time. I don't know it just doesn't seem like anything that would make someone who isn't already purchasing NC buy some, or even someone who already buys NC want to participate in this... meh.

This just seems like a "rush job" to increase NC revenue for the month of May.

Didn't even think about the timing. We've had almost constant events going on for the last few months, and most of them had NC tie-ins. Since there's no events in May, after just finishing the easter events, they're probably looking for a way to keep up NC sales until the Altador Cup starts (which will surely have an NC component).

This seems incredibly pointless. Why would anyone work to meet the quota - it's not as if the items are exclusive to them - they will become available to everyone. They'd really have to lack patience. TNT have been doing a lot with the NC Mall lately - it all seems a bit greedy and desperate.

TNT, you're stupid. I hope TNT will get rid of this perk when they find NOBODY IS WILLING TO PARTICIPATE! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sigh* I like the NC Mall and all, but TNT needs to take it down. They are unhealthily obsessed with it enough as it is, and this is just out of hand. Is there anybody who likes this idea? No! I do not see a single person who does.

I thought this WAS a good idea at first, but if there is a catch of how much NC you have to spend, then NO! Discounts and free NC for spending are much nicer, and three days? If it were a MONTH, people may care, but NOBODY CARES!

Wow, I'm actually thinking TNT really needs to get rid of the NC mall for once. and seriously, who will be participating in this? nobody! It will be a failure and win the "Let Us Never Speak Of This Again" Neopie for 2012. And since nobody will care or even spend the NC for these things, they WILL get rid of this idea so that they know nobody likes it. You know, I wish TNT would let us give feedback for things like this so they no NOT to do this stuff!

TNT, you're stupid. I hope TNT will get rid of this perk when they find NOBODY IS WILLING TO PARTICIPATE! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sigh* I like the NC Mall and all, but TNT needs to take it down. They are unhealthily obsessed with it enough as it is, and this is just out of hand. Is there anybody who likes this idea? No! I do not see a single person who does.

I thought this WAS a good idea at first, but if there is a catch of how much NC you have to spend, then NO! Discounts and free NC for spending are much nicer, and three days? If it were a MONTH, people may care, but NOBODY CARES!

Wow, I'm actually thinking TNT really needs to get rid of the NC mall for once. and seriously, who will be participating in this? nobody! It will be a failure and win the "Let Us Never Speak Of This Again" Neopie for 2012. And since nobody will care or even spend the NC for these things, they WILL get rid of this idea so that they know nobody likes it. You know, I wish TNT would let us give feedback for things like this so they no NOT to do this stuff!

I think the NC mall is a little bit unfair due to some countries not being able to buy the NC cards, which means they have to buy gift boxes also if they want to trade items or gift something to a friend. But at the same time, the NC mall is a good way for them to receive an "income" from the website, along with Premium memberships and ads.

Rather than giving users who spend a certain amount in the mall the ability to see new items 3 days before everyone else, maybe they should give them a perk for the next month...like something similar to what Premium users receive (i.e. the SSW or an item that only they receive or can buy).

I do use the NC and I do like to check for new items but I am not soooo competitive that I would strive or spend real money more often to be able to purchase or receive item(s) before other players can....I think that TDN is targeting the mid teens who do have money(or more accurately their poor parents) with this latest plot(y) First in the last month or so came ...

The Magnifying glass....to enable us to find the RL money we have stored for a rainy day

The Negg enlarger.....to help us enlarge the amount of RL money we would normally spend at the Neo Mall

Then came the Cookies....but hey they allowed us to gift our Neofriends who were already happy if we gave them Np items, and the Neocash items soon became non special as the rarity diminished anyway with the number of them available

All in all I think that TNT may well have links to several banks or the taxman who seem to have the knack of extracting Blood from a Stone