So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

I'm reading the Kite Runner

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Forever Odd - Dean Koontz. Have read it a few times now but I just love the Odd Thomas books! Only 5 more days till the new one is here!!!

Ooh, just read a spoiler-free synopsis on Odd Thomas, sounds really interesting. I read The Husband by Koontz a year back and couldn't put it down. I'll probably go pick up Odd Thomas soon, thanks for the suggestion!

A few weeks ago I finished reading Lord of the Flies. Such a depressing novel, but at the same time I loved the ending. I feel there's a lot of unnecessary description that slows down the otherwise good pacing of the story, though. For anyone who's thinking about give it a go, do it! I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I'm reading Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates. Well, I'm trying to - it's going slow.

I'm reading the Kite Runner

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

We had to read the Kite Runner in grade 9 as a novel study! Ermm ... right now I'm reading some Agatha Christie books .... Nemesis to be particular about it

I've just finished reading a hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world by Murakami. When I first started it, It didn't capture me as much as some of the other novels he has written (that I have read) but I really enjoyed it in the end.

Picked up a copy of battle royale to read after looking forward to reading it for years... but then I got home, opened the book and suddenly remembered that i'd read it already (brain sabotage!)

I absolutley love to read! I finished reading 13 Treasures #2: 13 Curses by Michelle Harrison. I absolutely loved it! It had 485 pages in it and only took me two days to read. Now I'm reading The Book of Lost Things By John Connolly.

I read that book too, it was really quirky. I felt a bit disappointed the book ended sooner than I was expecting. (My copy had interviews or an essay in the back.) Kind of like knowing when the ending is coming! I was left high and dry during my lunch hour at work and had to deal with book withdrawal! lol

I read that AFTER I had seen the movie numerous times, and I loved it - I was pleased that the movie stayed pretty true to the book, but also you get a lot more insight with the book. Fight Club is one of my favorites! :D

Well I just finished it and I was a little dissapointed with the end being different from the movie and all. But I think I like both endings. Despite of the ending, I think the book is way more better than the film (and don't get me wrong, I LOVED the movie).

It has become one of my favourites too! Pretty moving book.

Have you read A Clockwork Orange? I know is a different type of book but I find honest similarities with Fight Club!

Re-reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Fantastic book, very beautifully written, and if you haven't read it, you should

I couldn't get in to The Life of Pi so I've given up on it for now. Reading Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel instead :3

I started reading Carrie by Stephen King yesterday.

So far I liked it, despite of the spanish translation that I'm reading. (Spanish is my first lenguage, and I speak latin spanish, and the book is translated into spanish from Spain, so it has a lot of expressions that sound very funny for me and make me lose the concentration in the book).

I cried SO much with both Maus and Maus II. Is such a good way to learn about the wwII.

I agree! I love how the artist personifies the nations as different animals. And I cried as well, the ordeals they went through were really horrible :( I can only imagine that it will get worse in Mauschwitz.

Okay , so, mostly fanfiction :okay:

But as for books, I'm currently reading Dune (seriously, that series is so good I.can't.even.) , a bunch of Lovecraft novels and that zombie surviving "manual" thing (don't quite remember its name), I admit I'm a sucker for zombies.

Usually the books I read a bit less middle school level, but I'm feeling un-intelectual lately, what with law school ruining my life.

The first novel of the Alex Rider series- Stormbreaker

I love fast paced novels !

Really, is it any good? 'cause I saw a movie of that and I thought the premise was pretty lame, but maybe the book is good.

Okay , so, mostly fanfiction :okay:

But as for books, I'm currently reading Dune (seriously, that series is so good I.can't.even.) , a bunch of Lovecraft novels and that zombie surviving "manual" thing (don't quite remember its name), I admit I'm a sucker for zombies.

Usually the books I read a bit less middle school level, but I'm feeling un-intelectual lately, what with law school ruining my life.

Really, is it any good? 'cause I saw a movie of that and I thought the premise was pretty lame, but maybe the book is good.

The book is extremely good, Im almost done with it

I didnt know there was a movie for it, but it goes to show you that the book is almost always better than the movie