legal send NP to side account

Aloriality

I know it's ok to have side accounts, as long as you aren't gaining NP from them, well, my side just got old enough to host some of my pets but it has no NPs, so, what is a legal way to send NPs to my side account without being frozen for cheating?

According to The Neopian Times Editorial in Issue #240, you can send Neopoints from your main to your side as long as the profit is funded from your main account.

Hi TNT! Is it okay if you are logged into one account using Mozilla and your second account using Internet Explorer? It would make transfering stuff via the TP a lot easier. And you can send Neopoints from your main account to a side account via the TP, right? Thanks! ~ cmf_fern

Yes and yes! This is fine... as long as it is used in a responsible manner. You are allowed to send Neopoints to your alternate accounts, of course, since you will need to take care of your Neopets on that account. If using two browsers makes this easier, have at it! But many people use this trick to gain an unfair advantage over other players, to participate in multiple account restocking, to scam while pretending to be two different people, and a host of other shady dealings. Of course, in cases like these, it is absolutely NOT allowed. Just keep in mind that one account is your main, and the other is your alt, and all rules still apply even if you are playing both accounts at the same time.

Also, you may want to check this Petpage out if you're unsure about what can or can not be done on your side accounts as well: http://www.neopets.com/~Nalenyr

Thanks, I'm just starting to get things going (after 10 1/2 years old account lol) I would hate to be frozen

also, would be ok to train fishing on my side account?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post, there's an edit button you can use to add additional information to your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You're better sending any item that you would like to trade for the Neopoints from your main to your side opposed to fishing for items, since the Fishing Cavern is a daily, and you are not allowed to do dailies on side accounts.

Basically you can't do anything on your side account that will potentially earn you NP or NP items. You may only do those things on your main. But you can send items/NP to your sides which you earned on your main. So to answer your question, no, you can't train fishing skill on your sides, can't do Employment Agency jobs, etc. but you can train pets on your sides at the Training School with codestones sent from your main.

ok, thank you. Not sure how fishing would turn a profit, most are junk items and if anything good comes up, it's sent to my main... but ok, thanks for answering. I'm just all new to this side stuff and paranoid.

fishing gives you items , items can be sold for NP ... it doesn't matter whether it's a 1NP item or a 2Million NP item (like the Rainbow Water Flask which you can gain in later levels) .. it's still not allowed ... also , if you move your fishing pet to another account, they'll lose all their fishing levels and have to start over

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

Your worries have been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.