Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh! That's interesting. But then, just because two dogs are together in a space doesn't mean they have to interact does it, or even like each other. I suppose I sort of expected that to be a thing that happens, but we certainly don't behave like that, do we. Put two people in a space together and they generally don't even want to make eye contact with the other person in case they turn out to be a total weirdo, or ready to bore the pants off you with their life story. Maybe that's the issue with Bear! Kai doesn't wanna hear any more tales about your MIL. 🤣

Kai is very passive and he doesn't like confrontation. Whereas Bear is more of an aggressor, though he's not particularly aggressive. He's gentle around the kids and I've never seen him growl or nip at them. It's his territory though, so he's protecting it. Kai is the intruder. Bear is clearly the dominant one as it's his home, so Kai recognizes this and keeps away.

Kai is in super duper deep doggy trouble right now. We just bought a shed and have to put it together. My hubby unloaded it from the truck today and had everything somewhat organized on the lawn. He goes inside to lay down and take a nap and rest his hand. Kai is outside and ends up chewing on the plastic ventilation grate panels so now we have to order new ones. At least we can still assemble the shed without them as we have to physically drill the air vent holes in the vinyl. Kai got in huge trouble for it and my Mr. is now super mad at Kai because of all his destruction. Literally nothing is safe outside unless it's nailed down. We know this! So in reality, the packages shouldn't have been left at his level unattended. I ended up sleeping all day because I just didn't want to get up and deal with everything. Every morning when I get up the kids are right away at each others throats fighting and yelling at each other over stupid toys. If I stay upstairs they behave, but as soon as I come downstairs it's chaos. My Mr. should have woken me up or at least told me what he was doing. I could have helped him with it and we could have even started putting the darn thing together and kept an eye on Kai so he wouldn't have chewed anything. But nope, he has to go and try to do things himself. Not much I can say or do about it. It is what it is. It's supposed to rain tonight and possibly tomorrow so we had to put everything back into the box so all we accomplished was moving it from the truck into the yard. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and Kai behaves.

@Mouseykins HA, so basically hubby's getting extra mad at the dog because he knows it's 100% his own fault for leaving stuff where he did. xD But ultimately you feel like it's your fault for not being there and pointing out to him that he's laying a whole load of new dog toys (in Kai's eyes) out over the yard?

Has cabin fever well and truly set in with your kids? But wait, they only misbehave when they have an audience? Little monsters!

@jellysundae Boy you got that right! Everyone is sharing the blame for this for sure. These days it doesn't take much to anger my Mr and upset him. His usually short temper is much shorter. That was even pre-pandemic.

Cabin fever has definitely set in. Plus it doesn't help that there's so many of us stuck together in a small house. Our house is only about 700 some square feet. Every corner of this place is cluttered right now. So we're all feeling boxed in and trapped. We were looking at other houses but we can't do anything right now since the stupid banks don't see my husbands disability income as income. He needs a job, or I do, or to be declared totally 100% disabled from performing any occupation. The kids were looking forward to moving and it all came crashing down. Things would be so much better around here if the oldest would actually listen and stop instigating half of the fights because she wants to play with something and it has to be her way or she's yelling and screaming at her sisters. Even trying to get her to bed. It takes almost 2 hours from the time I say start getting yourself ready for bed until I finally lose my bananas and then the next 20 minutes is filled with constant attitude and "rushing" because she's running out of time. Thank goodness school is starting! They are going to  hate me for a while when they get thrown into their new routine and have to deal with it. But that's ok they can be mad at me all they want. I'll temporarily lose my marbles some more, but once they settle in we should be all set.

Schools are reopening here and we have the option to keep our 1st grader home for at-home learning so we're doing that instead of sending her to school. I keep telling the kids we are stuck in this very small house together and we need to learn how to get along or this is going to be one miserable year for everyone. So far that hasn't sunk in yet lol.

They are definitely little monsters! I guess Dad is scarier than Mom. Even when he goes upstairs to lay down for a nap because of a headache or something it doesn't matter how many times you tell them to knock it off and be quiet, they don't listen, but yet they'll let me rest.

When this virus is all over, I'm taking time off somewhere by myself! Even if it's just sending everyone out to the farm for the weekend. I'll keep Kai at home so I'm not too lonely. Plus Kai listens to me better. He's clearly a mommas boy.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! I hope your back feels better soon. I slept on the couch last night and my back is not too thrilled with me today.

• 3 months later...

I was gonna ask a girl out I had a crush on at work, but it turns out she has a boyfriend. Hopefully I find someone in the near future? Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice holiday season. I think I'm finished with my shopping.

• 1 month later...

On episode two in Bendy and the Ink Machine. Now I want a Bendy plushie and an Alice Angel poster. Who’s with me? 

EDIT: There’s a gift set of Bendy, Alice and Boris plushies! 

• 3 weeks later...

It's too cold in the midwest US. It's gotten as low as -18F/-28C in the morning. Absolutely brutal. I want spring back so badly.

21 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

It's too cold in the midwest US. It's gotten as low as -18F/-28C in the morning. Absolutely brutal. I want spring back so badly.

Yeah a couple of the people I follow on Instagram are suffering through this: one, a Brit currently living in Texas; another, a couple in Arkansas in a 150 yr. old house. The people in Texas had no power for over a day, and it keeps on going out because of the rolling blackouts.

It's a tough situation for the power companies as it's pretty unprecedented isn't it; plus nothing in the south is designed to deal with prolonged cold and that's all there is to it, everything's geared towards dealing with heat, the whole infrastructure.

@midnight_spell360 how are you coping?